The Pittsbugher Thread: 5-4 And Ice Follies in the Netherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Funny thing is I really liked Garrett up until a few minutes ago. Great player and seemed like a decent enough guy.

The funniest(maybe not the best word)part of this is Kareem Hunt of all people telling Garrett he “can’t just go around hitting people”.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

MrRuckus

Nov 7, 2019
This sort of thing is actually some evidence against enforcers in the NHL. Those are some big dudes on the Steelers and it still doesn't stop players from delivering head shots or outright battering your QB

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Again, Mark Madden wins. Millionaire. Says you’re all crying foul because the Browns played you like a fiddle. Juju sucks, Conner is soft, Baker destroyed you all. *whsipers* he ain’t wrong.

Going to continue to make millions and have Mark Kaboly, Gerry Dulac (Big PSU man), Matt Williamson, Triv, Wolf and all the other big Steelers guys on his side anyway.
If you love him so much, why don’t you marry him?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I still like the defense. Played great in the 2nd half. Mason made me lose a lot...ok basically all faith in him by the second half. I'm down to sign Kaep. I'm also down for Duck time next week.

Having said that, this is a visceral reaction to a horrible offensive game in which the Steelers couldn't run the ball (again...), protect the QB (again...) and 2/3rds of their receiving core was knocked out by dirty hits midgame. I mean for Gawd's sake we were chucking it to Holton and it was actually an ok call at that point. At some point, Mason tried to do too much and obviously couldn't.

I do think Vance was a lone bright spot offensively.

Edit: that #14 guy we signed off the street was better than Holton and should jump him in the depth chart...which could be as high as #2 by next week hah.

Reactions: PensandCaps

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Again, Mark Madden wins. Millionaire. Says you’re all crying foul because the Browns played you like a fiddle. Juju sucks, Conner is soft, Baker destroyed you all. *whsipers* he ain’t wrong.

Going to continue to make millions and have Mark Kaboly, Gerry Dulac (Big PSU man), Matt Williamson, Triv, Wolf and all the other big Steelers guys on his side anyway.

If being a "winner" means "having money but dying before you can use it", I'd rather be a loser.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Kaep is not a good QB and he hasn't played for a couple years. No thanks. Plus, this team doesn't need a media circus.

There's no real point in benching Rudolph. He just has to play better.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Meh, nothing i said in that post is really wrong though. I mean I wish it was, but no.

Cleveland is pretty freaking good and has an easy remaining schedule. It was fun being in the playoff race for a bit but let’s be real, chickens have come home to roost. The offense is trash and relies too much on the D forcing turnovers.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Kaep is not a good QB and he hasn't played for a couple years. No thanks. Plus, this team doesn't need a media circus.

There's no real point in benching Rudolph. He just has to play better.

I'm a Rudolph supporter, but I'm also intrigued by Duck.

In his audition game against San Diego (not going to call them LAC...they aren't), we had an early scoop & score and then a simple swing pass to Conner where somehow the entire defense forgot how to tackle. We were up big. After that it was mostly running and simple plays. It certainly wasn't a full audition to see what he can do.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Our o-line is pathetic. 2 against one watching our QB get rag dolled. AV loves to pull the war card but MIA. Pouncey the only real one.

Reactions: Coastal Kev

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I'm a Rudolph supporter, but I'm also intrigued by Duck.

In his audition game against San Diego (not going to call them LAC...they aren't), we had an early scoop & score and then a simple swing pass to Conner where somehow the entire defense forgot how to tackle. We were up big. After that it was mostly running and simple plays. It certainly wasn't a full audition to see what he can do.

I really didn't see anything from Hodges that tells me he's better than Rudolph. He's definitely more calm in the pocket but he's also a risk-taker who would probably have his own 4 INT game before too long.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I have to think Villenueva didn't see Garrett swing Rudolph's helmet. And Garrett is probably lucky for that.

Yeah I'm sure :rolleyes: like Decastro and Feiler with their 1st row seats of it all. Pathetic. Pouncey is the only one on either side of the ball who will defend anybody.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Funny thing is I really liked Garrett up until a few minutes ago. Great player and seemed like a decent enough guy.

The funniest(maybe not the best word)part of this is Kareem Hunt of all people telling Garrett he “can’t just go around hitting people”.

again. thats a fake quote

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
You go with Rudolph. This is a lost year, even though the Steelers technically have a chance to get blown out in the first round of the playoffs.

So see what you have with the kid you thought highly of when you drafted him. The Steelers had him pegged as a first round talent.

You don't bring in a washed up old guy who will bring a media circus. Determine if the Steelers have their QB after Ben or if not need to go fishing for one again.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Yeah I'm sure :rolleyes: like Decastro and Feiler with their 1st row seats of it all. Pathetic. Pouncey is the only one on either side of the ball who will defend anybody.

I really think Pouncey was the only one there that saw the helmet hit Rudolph. We probably would have seen an old school NHL-esque bench-clearing brawl if more had.

Reactions: Colonel Mustard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad