The Pittsbugher Thread: 5-4 And Ice Follies in the Netherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Tomlin not commenting could be interpreted many different ways, which is why he should have commented.

Tomlin is an embarrassment

Tomlin can go take a long walk on a short pier from a coaching standpoint.

But it's asinine to think he should be commenting on this. That's PR 101, where you let the league take care of it because anything you say could be construed poorly by the NFL

Tomlin only had to face the guys in the lockerroom and I'm sure he said something appropriate.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Tomlin can go take a long walk on a short pier from a coaching standpoint.

But it's asinine to think he should be commenting on this. That's PR 101, where you let the league take care of it because anything you say could be construed poorly by the NFL

Tomlin only had to face the guys in the lockerroom and I'm sure he said something appropriate.

You do realize the only person in the sports world who refused to comment was the one MAN that should have commented most forcefully. Yeesh

HE IS THE LEADER OF THE ORGANIZATION....

Reactions: Pengwins

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Every other single person asked answered the question. It was an easy answer to give, except for Tomlin. If you think this it is stupid to be critical of this example of failed leadership, that's on you. Many agree with me.

Tomlin has plenty to say. To others than the media. He let he locker room know, he'll let the league know. There's no need to air out the laundry and perhaps say something stupid that will hurt his cause. "Many agree with me" doesn't make you right, it just makes "many" of you incorrect.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Tomlin has plenty to say. To others than the media. He let he locker room know, he'll let the league know. There's no need to air out the laundry and perhaps say something stupid that will hurt his cause. "Many agree with me" doesn't make you right, it just makes "many" of you incorrect.

I'll respond one last time, since we see this situation completely opposite of each other.

Give me examples of LEADERS not commenting when a major incident occurs....

Great Leaders rise to the occasion. EVERY SINGLE PERSON INVOLVED IN THE SPORT COMMENTED LAST NIGHT.......... EXCEPT ONE...... MIKE TOMLIN.

You may disagree with me, but that last statement is fact.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
people defending Garrett with the reasoning of "but Rudolph started it!!" are so incomprehensibly stupid it blows my mind. Those people shouldn't be allowed to have children

And Rudolph didn't start it. Garrett pile drove Rudolph well after the ball was gone and laid on him in a game two touchdowns ahead with 8 seconds left. It began with a late hit/roughing the quarterback.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I'll respond one last time, since we see this situation completely opposite of each other.

Give me examples of LEADERS not commenting when a major incident occurs....

Great Leaders rise to the occasion. EVERY SINGLE PERSON INVOLVED IN THE SPORT COMMENTED LAST NIGHT.......... EXCEPT ONE...... MIKE TOMLIN.

You may disagree with me, but that last statement is fact.

Have you been a CEO or a high ranking member of a management team?

I'm guessing not, because you'd know that only something bad can come from these words
He doesn't owe the fans jack. Because that's what you're asking him to do: talk to the fans

Tomlin rightfully took his PR's advice to say nothing- that is a fact.

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
And Rudolph didn't start it. Garrett pile drove Rudolph well after the ball was gone and laid on him in a game two touchdowns ahead with 8 seconds left. It began with a late hit/roughing the quarterback.

I absolutely agree this is true. And I'm not defending Garret laying on top of Mason, but I'm guessing there was a reason Garrett did that. Was Rudolph trash talking?
Again not absolving what the douchebag did, but it'd be interesting to know the full story.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
people defending Garrett with the reasoning of "but Rudolph started it!!" are so incomprehensibly stupid it blows my mind. Those people shouldn't be allowed to have children

It's unbelievable to me. First off he didn't start anything.

But say he did maybe "start it" (whatever that means here), it doesn't matter in the slightest. Maybe a women "started it" in a domestic violence case, or maybe the guy who got stabbed in a bar fight "started it". In no way does it even measure up to, excuse, or make the actual act understandable.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
butbutbutbut Rudolph grabbed is helmet too!!! And sorta lifted his leg into his groin!!!! Garrett's reaction was just a natural response to such a heinous cheap shot!!!

f***ing morons. I know Twitter is a cesspool but...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It's unbelievable to me. First off he didn't start anything.

But say he did maybe "start it" (whatever that means here), it doesn't matter in the slightest. Maybe a women "started it" in a domestic violence case, or maybe the guy who got stabbed in a bar fight "started it". In no way does it even measure up to, excuse, or make the actual act understandable.

Garrett definitely started with the cheapshot slam on a meaningless play.

I have no issues with Rudolph grabbing his face mask and trying to pull off his helmet, and MG doing the same in kind. Anyone who ever played knows that shit always happens, especially in practices.

When you become a f***ing coward and do what MG did swinging the helmet, that’s obviously well beyond football “emotion” and was assault with a deadly weapon.

Anything else is just excuse making for him

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
This is what divides us even more. No matter how wrong Myles Garrett is they can never for one time just go "yeah, he was in the wrong" They have to twist and make him look innocent. For what? They don't even know him. I don't get it.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
listen to his interview. do you see him in the replays? he wasn't near the assault

I'm not talking about the assault. I'm talking about after when he got drilled from behind after. You can see James Washington running down the field after it.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Garrett definitely started with the cheapshot slam on a meaningless play.

I have no issues with Rudolph grabbing his face mask and trying to pull off his helmet, and MG doing the same in kind. Anyone who ever played knows that **** always happens, especially in practices.

When you become a ****ing coward and do what MG did swinging the helmet, that’s obviously well beyond football “emotion” and was assault with a deadly weapon.

Anything else is just excuse making for him

LOL... Ryan Clark was just on ESPN defending Garrett.... "Rudolph started it".... What a joke, he also through in some overtones into the conversation.

Reactions: Pengwins

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
LOL... Ryan Clark was just on ESPN defending Garrett.... "Rudolph started it".... What a joke, he also through in some overtones into the conversation.

It’s a sad world we live in.

Next time someone tries to rip my helmet off I’m going to smash my stick off his face tomahawk style and tell the police it’s all good “because dude started it”.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
the browns full on blitzing up two scores with under a minute left really says it all. no real surprise we move in short order from that mindset to victim blaming

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
the browns full on blitzing up two scores with under a minute left really says it all. no real surprise we move in short order from that mindset to victim blaming

They were trying to send a message. Like it or not, Pittsburgh is a bell toll for teams, especially in the division. Browns went into that game with the mindset of slapping the bully and they did. They headhunted all night.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

Hope it was worth it you f***ing loser. As for Pouncey, I imagine the locker room will pool some money together to pay for some of his lost pay

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Are you surprised? Ryan Clark has been pushing issues for awhile now on ESPN, probably to try and move up in the ESPN ranks even higher.

Josina Anderson is another one that immediately threw the race card after the incident happened

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Actions like last night were encouraged by the coach since training camp. A systemic borderline criminal culture. I wish that the NFL would read this article and hammer the Browns organization.

The Browns went to Westfield, Indiana, in August to practice against the Colts. The two days turned into a series of fights, including at least four skirmishes on the second day of the practices, featuring multiple players throwing punches.

Head coach Freddie Kitchens, who made his team run when a fight broke out in a practice in Berea, appeared to change his tone after the first day in Indiana, a day in which a scuffle broke out and Myles Garrett, who was on the sideline, ran onto the field to join the fray.

“I told them we're not taking anything either,” Kitchens said following the first day, “so we'll see what caused it and what happened and then evaluate the situation, but we're not going to take anything from anybody.”

He might not have been condoning fighting, but he certainly wasn’t publicly discouraging it.
“Message was received,” wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. said following the second day of those practices after things got really wild. “We came here to impose our will the same way we would do in the regular season when it comes up. We’re not backing down from anybody and I love that mentality. That’s all I’ve ever known. Like I said, you don’t want it to happen but it happens sometimes."

Myles Garrett’s actions on Thursday should cause Browns to look deeper at why keeping composure has been so difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad