The Pittsbugher Thread: 5-4 And Ice Follies in the Netherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I really think Pouncey was the only one there that saw the helmet hit Rudolph. We probably would have seen an old school NHL-esque bench-clearing brawl if more had.

I don't think so... our defense watched them head hunt our players all game. Juju out. DJ bleeding from ear and nothing. But they want to get upset in locker room when game over. We got a bunch of fake tough guys.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I was reminded of Lyle Alzado. He actually did the same thing in 1982. But, it's a different world now. Social media. The replays everywhere. Everyone is going to be asked about it. The league is going to drop the hammer on Garrett HARD.

Oh man, I remember him, that dude was an asshole on the field, mr "I play with an intensity"...nah, you're just a piece of shit that goes to far and tries to injure people, but then off the field he was actually a nice dude. But I'll be damned if my Dad didn't hate that guy with a passion when I was watching football with him around that time (see you're not the only old fart).

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Kaep is not a good QB and he hasn't played for a couple years. No thanks. Plus, this team doesn't need a media circus.

There's no real point in benching Rudolph. He just has to play better.
He does need to play better, but his offensive options are also dropping like flies and the defense is starting to take major hits with injuries too and this is a kid that was thrown into a starting role when he was likely still needing to learn behind someone like Ben for another year or two.

People still being pissy about Rudolph irks me and I ignore them, but some stuff should be addressed.

Is he a guy that holds the ball too long and doesn't have a smarter game from the pocket with seeing who to target in close? Yes, he's a perfectionist and he's admitted to it but that's a learning curve issue. The issue I would have is if he was like a high pick with a weak ass arm, he isn't. He's a smart kid that has potential and has shown a lot of it this year, but to bail on him and sign a f***ing moron like Kaep? f*** that.

I'd kick the tires on Dez Bryant, maybe his presence as veteran might also help the offense, maybe even see who else is out there to give a whirl on a 1yr deal, give them a chance to earn their contract elsewhere while being on a team where their work might be more visible given the current situation.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
FB_IMG_1573799106513.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't think so... our defense watched them head hunt our players all game. Juju out. DJ bleeding from ear and nothing. But they want to get upset in locker room when game over. We got a bunch of fake tough guys.
That's tough to say.

You can either have some unchecked emotions and an absolute farce of a show like the Isles vs Pens type of thing which was more of a black mark on the league than anything fun to watch when it got ugly, but for me, I saw a team that was still trying to keep it together and play and not snap. It was the Rudolph thing that finally broke the last straw and sure it was near the end of the game, but the whole play itself...just, yeah, I saw some emotion from them and finally losing it.

I don't like this whole "oh, act tough in the room after the fact" type of talk because that's bullshit and you know better.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Pouncy nails the central point.

Pouncey on whether Garrett should be suspended for the rest of the year: “Absolutely. 100%. We'll see how serious the NFL is about their players.”

We have had four season tickets since 1972. For two years now my girlfriend has refused to go because of the NFL not being serious about the safety of the players. I find it harder and harder to disagree with her.

This will be yet another in a long line of tests to see how serious the NFL is about player safety. Usually they fail these tests.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
He does need to play better, but his offensive options are also dropping like flies and the defense is starting to take major hits with injuries too and this is a kid that was thrown into a starting role when he was likely still needing to learn behind someone like Ben for another year or two.

People still being pissy about Rudolph irks me and I ignore them, but some stuff should be addressed.

Is he a guy that holds the ball too long and doesn't have a smarter game from the pocket with seeing who to target in close? Yes, he's a perfectionist and he's admitted to it but that's a learning curve issue. The issue I would have is if he was like a high pick with a weak ass arm, he isn't. He's a smart kid that has potential and has shown a lot of it this year, but to bail on him and sign a ****ing moron like Kaep? **** that.

I'd kick the tires on Dez Bryant, maybe his presence as veteran might also help the offense, maybe even see who else is out there to give a whirl on a 1yr deal, give them a chance to earn their contract elsewhere while being on a team where their work might be more visible given the current situation.

What actually stood out to me tonight regarding the offense was how almost nothing looked different after JuJu and DJ went out. I mean, I knew Fichtner was trash beforehand, but to be an NFL OC and be running a scheme that is so terrible you can't tell the difference between JJSS, DJ, and James Washington and JW and two practice squaders...that's inexcusable. That's on Rooney. That's on Tomlin. That man should not be running this offense. It proves the scheme is completely ineffectual. It's just making Rudolph's life way harder than it would otherwise be.

The OL is getting wrecked without Munchak. If Tomlin ends up with the Redskins, if I were Rooney, I would interview him for the job.

Reactions: Coastal Kev

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
What actually stood out to me tonight regarding the offense was how almost nothing looked different after JuJu and DJ went out. I mean, I knew Fichtner was trash beforehand, but to be an NFL OC and be running a scheme that is so terrible you can't tell the difference between JJSS, DJ, and James Washington and JW and two practice squaders...that's inexcusable. That's on Rooney. That's on Tomlin. That man should not be running this offense. It proves the scheme is completely ineffectual. It's just making Rudolph's life way harder than it would otherwise be.

The OL is getting wrecked without Munchak. If Tomlin ends up with the Redskins, if I were Rooney, I would interview him for the job.

People will blame Rudolph to the bitter end before they wake up and realize it's a kid that is desperate to learn and getting fed dumb coaching guidance by an absolute f***ing moron like Fichtner. That dude will throw Rudolph under the bus before he ever admits his play calling to Rudolph was the issue and not the kid. A real leader, that one.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Give Mayfield credit for owning it.

Yeah, he could have just played the whole Tom Brady of it all and said "I didn't see it, so I can't comment on it, but blah blah blah, I kiss my daddy on the lips" type of bs. But he said it like it is and he's right about how that hurts the game and yeah I guess his team which obviously we don't care about, but man...you're up and you go and do that? Just flat out no class by Garrett.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The injuries and stuff like this though, it's just so tough to sit there on that team and wonder why even bother if you're going to get hit in the head like that and the league is going to give those guys a slap on the wrist and a tickle to their wallet while you're sitting there with some damage to your brain and likely some future issues you don't know about.

There isn't another sport in the world where more players in their prime years/age retire as often as they do in the NFL.

The NFL also being an epic joke to player safety being a huge part of it. It's just so disheartening. Like I want to be as mad as the rest of you, but I am more sad and just disappointed.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
NFL cares about player safety insofar as it’s an image problem and a long term financial liability. They don’t care out the goodness of their hearts.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Suspended for the rest of the season?

What....?

That's a perm ban...,offense. He should never see another snap ever.

Oh, I fell asleep and missed the ending. Just saw it on the news.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
Was Rudolph's life not in danger? Yes, grateful for his service. But he should have chosen a different career after. You can tell he's not all the way in or doesn't like NFL.
He released on a screen pass and said he did not see it. Don’t be an idiot. #71 looks like a putz and should be replaced

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
I liked when the brown knocked over Rudolph, who was aghast screaming about being assaulted, from behind

Olvast

Sep 12, 2011
Saddest thing about the helmet-gate is that Pouncey will also probably get a ban of at least a couple of games. I'm all for defending our quarterback after such a cheapshot, but it'll just add to our woes on that side of the ball.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Suspended for the rest of the season?

What....?

That's a perm ban...,offense. He should never see another snap ever.

Oh, I fell asleep and missed the ending. Just saw it on the news.

I shut it off with like 50s left...

I can’t believe what I just saw. And this was a guy that was knocked out a few weeks ago and you assault him like that?

f***ing coward.

I’d press charges against him if I was Rudolph. f*** the pathetic upcoming NFL justice, dude needs to sit in jail for awhile.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Don’t let the helmet swing (as BS as it was) distract you from the fact the Steelers are in legit danger of getting swept by both the Browns and Ravens.

This isn’t a playoff team, sorry. Offense is too trash and D wasn’t so hot last night either. I’m thinking Buffalo and Oakland or Tennessee slide in. Don’t discount the Browns either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad