OT: The Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers are glad to have a Butler part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Nothing else is on so I turned this game on, I have no attachment to any NBA teams.

Raptors broadcast crew bitching about the non call on Lowry, only to say “wow that’s a big play” on that offensive foul.

Quite entertaining.

Reactions: JXC

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Cant complain about a single late call when the whole team no shows the first half.
At this point, im leaning no on Jimmy and that's sad to say.
Just not impactful or consistent enough on offense. Which is why we got him.
He's still a top 10 player defensively but why fork over 190 mil for a 30 year old to play defense?

I feel bad for him. He was Justin Anderson at age 22. In 4 years turned himself into one of the best players in the world.....
then He burned through two franchises, got multiple coaches fired, ran his own name through the mud all in the name of fit and this big contract and now he's playing with the most talent he's ever had, has never been more wide open and procedes to play like trash.

Hard to determine how much of this can be attributed to him or to the system or to just growing pains.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I don’t see any scenario where the Sixers would trade Butler at this point in time so I’m ok seeing how things go the rest of the season. But I don’t think you can say that he looks like he’d be worth a max contract from what he’s shown so far. Hopefully things will change for the better, because I like him.

Reactions: Jtown

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Jon Johnson is an ass and horrible, but give props where due. The quote isn't his, but he delivered it.

<3 Embiid

It is scary how aware he is, basically calling out the FO to do something. Encouraged, and worried, for the 6ers future.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
The Sixers simply aren't a better team with Jimmy Butler than they were before they got him. That's not to say that if he does come back they can't grow together as a core and improve but it hasn't come together yet. I think the chances are about 1% at best but I would dangle him to a western team over the next couple days and see what happens.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
The Sixers simply aren't a better team with Jimmy Butler than they were before they got him. That's not to say that if he does come back they can't grow together as a core and improve but it hasn't come together yet. I think the chances are about 1% at best but I would dangle him to a western team over the next couple days and see what happens.
To use less words, less eloquently- the Sixers can lose to the top teams in the East without Butler, and they're not beating those teams with him.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
This is a lie. Theyre significantly better with this version of Jimmy than they were prior.
The problem is do you want to pay him when you could grab somebody like Tobias Harris who is younger, cheaper, less injury prone, less of a headcase and better offensively?

I wouldnt deal him at the deadline because you might as well see what he can do for you down the stretch but the fact that he doesnt shoot volume, resists coaching, seems lost oftentimes as a playmaker, is 30 and injury prone is a lot of red flags.

Once again I would stress that the desire to make moves at the deadline now is impulsive.
As Ive posted ad nauseum the teams we're competing with (C's/Raps/Bucks) all are led by MVP candidates with double the NBA game experience of Embiid/Simmons. In Kawhi's case he won NBA Finals MVP when Simmons was a high school senior.

The teams we're competing with are on a different timeline than us.
That Embiid/Simmons w no depth cannot defeat Kawhi + depth/Kyrie + depth/Giannis + depth should not surprise you.

Reactions: Les Averman

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa

I am sad to see Shamet go, finally looked like the Sixers found a late rd gem. But hey, whynotboth.gif, Butler & Harris amirite? Quick turn around on that Miami pick, not concerned about our pick.

So, 6ers got a back-up big, the needed extra wing player, and subbed out the two lackluster Chandler and Muscala bodies (but replaced with similar Mike Scott- hey HO DunderMifflin!). Hope Harris can stroke from 3, be rested JJ, outside shooting is still a need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad