OT: The Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers are glad to have a Butler part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Holy ****. I don't even know what to say to that. I assume Memphis would look to move Lowry on, but what a left turn from a non-Warriors contender.

I'm not even sure it would be a good one. Lowry is clearly the best player in that deal.

NBA craziness never fails to deliver.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Lakers pull out of Anthony Davis trade talks amid 'outrageous' requests by Pelicans

Here's the important part:

The Lakers were not going to give the Pelicans the six to eight draft picks they wanted for Davis, the person said, knowing that the four first-round picks and second-round picks were more than the Lakers would offer.

Late Monday night, the Lakers changed their offer at the request of the Pelicans, two people said.
The Lakers had agreed to send their entire young core of Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart and Ivica Zubac to the Pelicans, as well as veteran guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, the people said.

The Lakers were also winning to also send the Pelicans two first-round draft picks.

And the Lakers were willing to give the Pelicans the salary-cap relief they wanted by taking back Solomon Hill, who has another year left on his deal after this season for $12.7 million.

@Jack Straw Ok, that's the actual best the Lakers can do. I want to see that rotation just to see it now. :laugh:

I still wouldn't be interested if I was New Orleans unless someone is giving me entirely too much for Lonzo.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Lakers pull out of Anthony Davis trade talks amid 'outrageous' requests by Pelicans

Here's the important part:

@Jack Straw Ok, that's the actual best the Lakers can do. I want to see that rotation just to see it now. :laugh:

I still wouldn't be interested if I was New Orleans unless someone is giving me entirely too much for Lonzo.

I just can’t see NO getting a better offer. What did the Spurs get for Kawhi? Keeping in mind that the Spurs also sent Toronto Danny Green, a pretty good player in his own right. Otoh, if Boston wants to pay a king’s ransom for AD and he then walks after next season, that would probably be the best thing imaginable.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
The Lakers package would be a haul for anyone other than a top 10 player.
In the NBA value goes:
1. top 10 player in their prime (Curry, Durant) >>
2. potential top 10 player on rookie deal (Simmons. Doncic) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
3. everything else.

None of the guys the Lakers can deal have a chance of being a top 10 player except Kuzma but I wouldnt bet the house.
If youre the Pels and you really feel like you might be able to snag Tatum or maybe Siakam off TO even with AD's trade demands this summer then its prudent to hold those cards.

A tank is likely incoming anyway. If youre the Pels having that flexibility is key.
Hell, if youre the Pels you might think "I'd rather have a Ben Simmons/Doncic/Tatum/Siakam by themselves as opposed to filler.

Reactions: BigToe

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The Lakers package would be a haul for anyone other than a top 10 player.
In the NBA value goes:
1. top 10 player in their prime (Curry, Durant) >>
2. potential top 10 player on rookie deal (Simmons. Doncic) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
3. everything else.

None of the guys the Lakers can deal have a chance of being a top 10 player except Kuzma but I wouldnt bet the house.
If youre the Pels and you really feel like you might be able to snag Tatum or maybe Siakam off TO even with AD's trade demands this summer then its prudent to hold those cards.

A tank is likely incoming anyway. If youre the Pels having that flexibility is key.
Hell, if youre the Pels you might think "I'd rather have a Ben Simmons/Doncic/Tatum/Siakam by themselves as opposed to filler.

I really don't think the bolded names belong in the same category as the non-bolded ones. You build teams around the first two. Not so much the second two.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
What's the path to Kuzma ever being an effective player? He's a volume scorer who's horrendous on catch and shoots. I'm not going to buy the 3P% last year going forward when there aren't much in the way of indicators of repeatability.

I'd even rather have Bobby Portis pretty comfortably.

Reactions: Lotusflower

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Seems pretty quiet on the Sixers front. Hopefully they can add at least one player, and they could really stand to add two.
They dont need to add any rentals period. No point.
Only thing im giving assets up for is someone I can pencil in for the next 2 years or so at least.
I really don't think the bolded names belong in the same category as the non-bolded ones. You build teams around the first two. Not so much the second two.
Theyre not. I just put them there for completeness' sake.
Youre never going to get a Simmons/Doncic/Zion for a disgruntled star because the value doesnt align is what Im saying.

The next best thing would be to try to get a guy who's young who might be in that top 10 ballpark down the line.

I have a feeling that Ainge would still part with Tatum+ for AD in the summer if he's still there without hesitation.
The pressure from his fanbase will be high after seeing Hayward flop and seeing Brown/Tatum disappoint and Kawhi have success.
@JojoTheWhale Im not a Kuzma fan but there are NBA GM's who are and can convince themselves he's a superstar in waiting; im trying to get into their mindset.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
We should win. This Raps team has taken a hit in stock and we're at home. Good test.

Exploit Lowry and his overrated defense.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
TJ, Moose, and Korkmaz on the floor together is not something I want to see much of.

Edit: And by “much” I really mean “any”

Last edited:
Reactions: trostol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad