OT: The Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers are glad to have a Butler part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
i think it makes us better..deeper..but losing Shamet and that 1st are making me wonder about it some..and Harris a upcoming FA?

Reactions: JXC

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
June 27, 2013-February 6, 2019
Glen Rice
Ricky Ledo
Nate Wolters
Jrue Holiday
Pierre Jackson
Justin Holiday
Solomon Alabi
Vander Blue
Khalif Wyatt
Royce White
Mac Koshwal
Rodney Williams
Gani Lawal
Daniel Orton
Dewayne Dedmon
Spencer Hawes
Lavoy Allen
Evan Turner
Earl Clark
Danny Granger
Darius Johnson-Odom
James Nunnally
Elfrid Payton
Nemanja Dangubic
James Anderson
Lorenzo Brown
Eric Maynor
Byron Mullens
Darius Morris
Adonis Thomas
Thaddeus Young
Hasheem Thabeet
Pierre Jackson (again)
Keith Bogans
Jarvis Varnado
Casper Ware
Arnett Moultrie
Marquis Teague
Travis Outlaw
Elliot Williams
Malcolm Thomas
Chris Johnson
Drew Gordon
Brandon Davies
Malcolm Lee
Jorge Gutierrez
Ronald Roberts
Alexey Shved
Ronny Turiaf
Michael Carter-Williams
KJ McDaniels
Cenk Akyol
Malcolm Thomas (again)
Andrei Kirilenko
Tim Frazier
JaVale McGee
Ish Smith
Thomas Robinson
Glenn Robinson
Jason Richardson
Luc Mbah a Moute
Larry Drew
Henry Sims
Arturas Gudaitas
Luka Mitrovic
Jason Thompson
Gerald Wallace
JP Tokoto
Furkan Aldemir
Pierre Jackson (3rd time)
Jordan McRae
Jordan Railey
Scottie Wilbekin
Phil Pressey
Tony Wroten
Christian Wood
Sonny Weems
Ish Smith (again)
JaKarr Sampson
Chukwudibere Maduabum
Sasha Kaun
Kendall Marshall
Carl Landry
Tibor Pleiss
Elton Brand
Brandon Paul
James Webb
Cat Barber
Shawn Long
Dionte Christmas
Jerami Grant
Hollis Thompson
Mo Williams
Ersan Ilyasova
Nerlens Noel
Chasson Randle
Andrew Bogut
Shawn Long (again)
Gerald Henderson
Justin Harper
Alex Poythress
Sergio Rodriguez
Tiago Splitter
Jawun Evans
Sterling Brown
James Webb (again)
Andrew Andrews
Jacob Pullen
Emeka Okafor
Kris Humphries
James Blackmon
Jahlil Okafor
Nik Stauskas
Jacob Pullen (again)
James Michael McAdoo
Trevor Booker
James Young
Ersan Ilyasova (again)
Marco Bellinelli
Cory Jefferson
Emeka Okafor (again)
Darin Johnson
DJ Hogg
Matt Farrell
Anthony Brown
Norvell Pelle
Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot
Justin Anderson
Richaun Holmes
Jerryd Bayless
Robert Covington
Dario Saric
Corey Brewer
Landry Shamet
Mike Muscala
Wilson Chandler

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Holy ****.

I wasn’t as big of a Shamet fan as a lot of others. Some advanced stats think he’s been fine, some quite poor. The Miami pick going out, though. This is the team and I don’t think it’s a contender. Clippers did unbelievably well in this.

@Lotusflower I’m glad we got the Tobias Harris love out there beforehand. I’ll dig up some metrics later, but he’s an ideal fit.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Holy ****.

I wasn’t as big of a Shamet fan as a lot of others. Some advanced stats think he’s been fine, some quite poor. The Miami pick going out, though. This is the team and I don’t think it’s a contender. Clippers did unbelievably well in this.

@Lotusflower I’m glad we got the Tobias Harris love out there beforehand. I’ll dig up some metrics later, but he’s an ideal fit.

We're not contenders. The Boston series last year humbled me. Just too young and inexperienced. I could see us losing to any one of the Raps/C's/Bucks still.

Im fine with the deal.
Wilson/Muscala mean nothing now or longterm.
Shamet was nice pickup but its great he flashed early so he could be part of a deal for a guy like Tobias.
The MIA 1st is the only thing that stings and by the time that pick comes around the league will be turning over the keys to Embiid/Simmons hopefully.

How will they play down the stretch? If theyre somehow able to get that 3rd or 2nd seed that would be HUGE going up against BOS/TOR.

EDIT: I like that Elton/Brown saw Ainge's folly, recognized themselves in the offing and shifted focus. Stockpiling assets is great but you stock pile to grab a certain quality of guy and this fits the bill.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
If they are able to re-sign Harris its a good move. They paid a high price though. Im not sure I like moving out Chandler and Muscala for Boban and Scott either and Im not even a fan of Chandler/Muscala. Since Brand is obviously all in he needs to take the final step and find a way to get a good backup combo guard in here before thursday.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
If they are able to re-sign Harris its a good move. They paid a high price though. Im not sure I like moving out Chandler and Muscala for Boban and Scott either and Im not even a fan of Chandler/Muscala. Since Brand is obviously all in he needs to take the final step and find a way to get a good backup combo guard in here before thursday.
All of Chandler's minutes and more go to Tobias who is a significant upgrade.
Muscala is slightly more productive than Boban in double the minutes, Muscala is a more flexible lineup option though.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Holy ****. Someone tell me how to feel, I don’t really know how good Harris is but that feels like a LOT to give up
Idk how to feel either. I wanted to keep that Mia pick so bad. At least we get Boban in a sixers jersey.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Holy ****. Someone tell me how to feel, I don’t really know how good Harris is but that feels like a LOT to give up

Harris is a borderline star. Insanely efficient in a ridiculous amount of offensive ways -- top ~10 leaguewide in Points/Possession as a PnR Ball Handler, ISOs, and Spot Ups. You should be nothing but thrilled from a player/fit standpoint.

This is the team, though. Hope Durant goes to NY/Clips and Kawhi heads out west.

The 2020 pick is lottery protected for 3 years, then turns into 2 2nds. It's Shamet and the Miami pick plus a pick that would have been moved for a rental anyway.

Reactions: BigToe and Jray42

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I strongly hope they have a verbal from Harris to re-sign. Otherwise I don't like it.

The most likely piece to go out now is probably the Bulls' 2 since the Sixers' 1 can't be dealt.

Now that you mention him, I’m surprised he wasn’t in the trade.

The Clippers couldn't afford to have his cap hit next year given their free agency aspirations.

Reactions: BigToe

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I think they will re-sign him. Woj even alluded to it in his tweet. If this brings a championship to the sixers not one person will blink an eye about that Miami pick. Rightfully so. That’s two years from now anyway. This team is built to win now.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Uts a great move, chandler was stealing money, and wes matthews is gonna be bought out and we will bring him in for the cheap for bench help, book it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad