The Peter DeBoer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The people defending Larsson protest too much.

He's -4, and the Devils have only had 10 even strength goals scored against them.

You do the math.

Hell, he's not even having his +/- stats weighed down by Volchenkov like Harrold is. Worst +/- on the team right now = Larsson.

It's three games into a season, plus-minus is misleading if in one game the goaltender saves Volch and Harrold's collective fannies while he allows a goal on a Larsson ****-up. Honestly other than Greene and maybe Sal they've all pretty much take turns ****ing up, except more of Larsson's mistakes have wound up in the back of the net.

I didn't see 5 on the ice for any of the goals last night in the highlights though...the timing of this is bizarre. If he'd benched him after the Isle game it would be one thing but scapegoating him after a collapse he had literally nothing to do with was something else.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
All I can say is what. the. ****.

This is so outrageous it almost looks like Pete is purposely trying to sabotage this team. It might get to the point where we the fans have to start writing in to management asking for this madness to stop. Lou, where the **** are you...can you please set Pete straight on this BS or do something with the extra useless D-men we currently have?!?!?!?!

I'm going to lose my mind.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
You know what we don't deserve this as fans. Management's job is simple...ice the best possible team you can given your circumstances. We have the personnel to ice a better lineup on D (where we currently look horrendous) and management is willfully choosing to go with the weaker players. This is just unacceptable. I am so frustrated because I don't know what we can do about it.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
It's three games into a season, plus-minus is misleading if in one game the goaltender saves Volch and Harrold's collective fannies while he allows a goal on a Larsson ****-up. Honestly other than Greene and maybe Sal they've all pretty much take turns ****ing up, except more of Larsson's mistakes have wound up in the back of the net.

I didn't see 5 on the ice for any of the goals last night in the highlights though...the timing of this is bizarre. If he'd benched him after the Isle game it would be one thing but scapegoating him after a collapse he had literally nothing to do with was something else.

One would think that the coaches review the games by looking at every shift.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
You know what we don't deserve this as fans. Management's job is simple...ice the best possible team you can given your circumstances. We have the personnel to ice a better lineup on D (where we currently look horrendous) and management is willfully choosing to go with the weaker players. This is just unacceptable. I am so frustrated because I don't know what we can do about it.

Pretty much the only thing you can do is pray for injuries

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
One would think that the coaches review the games by looking at every shift.

And yet their personnel moves suggest they review the games by a tinted lens toward certain players.

Funny how some of us were being killed for worrying that things like this would happen before the season because Pete's done this in the past, but now after three games it's okay to assume that it's going to happen when he does one thing he's done a million times before.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
All I can say is what. the. ****.

This is so outrageous it almost looks like Pete is purposely trying to sabotage this team. It might get to the point where we the fans have to start writing in to management asking for this madness to stop. Lou, where the **** are you...can you please set Pete straight on this BS or do something with the extra useless D-men we currently have?!?!?!?!

I'm going to lose my mind.

You know, if they won't even listen to us about something so simple like the goal song, good luck getting them to listen about personnel.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You know, if they won't even listen to us about something so simple like the goal song, good luck getting them to listen about personnel.

lol I would hope they don't listen to us about personnel...but by the same token common sense has to prevail at some point. DeBoer does things that defy common sense.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
And yet their personnel moves suggest they review the games by a tinted lens toward certain players.

Funny how some of us were being killed for worrying that things like this would happen before the season because Pete's done this in the past, but now after three games it's okay to assume that it's going to happen when he does one thing he's done a million times before.

Larsson has looked terrible over the 3 games. Maybe Pete wants to spark him.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
And Lou is not learning from his mistakes either. One again we are faced with having NHL caliber d-men sitting around in the press box. At minimum he should be putting his foot down and ensuring that Harrold sits and Fayne gets in for Volchenkov.

What the hell happened to the standards of this organization?

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
And Lou is not learning from his mistakes either. One again we are faced with having NHL caliber d-men sitting around in the press box. At minimum he should be putting his foot down and ensuring that Harrold sits and Fayne gets in for Volchenkov.

Lou doesn't play around with player personnel much, beyond giving them to the coach. He never has.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
**** you getzo.

I have no idea how Larsson gets sat over Volchenkov. Hopefully it will enlighten me someday, but it foggy as hell right now.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
Larsson has looked terrible over the 3 games. Maybe Pete wants to spark him.

He's looked no worse than the rest of our defense. Larsson was very good last night. Pittsburgh he wasn't great, and against the Islanders, Volch completely screwed him. Let's be honest, nobody on this team is catching Grabner if he gets the puck off a neutral zone turnover.

Devilsfanatic0421

"You're next"
Feb 24, 2012
Makes sense.

PDB finally changes the lineup and whiffs. Josefson for Gionta, Fayne for Volch.

Olesz for Carter is fine.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
He's looked no worse than the rest of our defense. Larsson was very good last night. Pittsburgh he wasn't great, Volch completely screwed him against the Islanders. Let's be honest, nobody on this team is catching Grabner if he gets the puck off a neutral zone turnover.

Yea, but that is my point. Larsson hasn't shown us anything during the game that demands he stay up.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
He's looked no worse than the rest of our defense. Larsson was very good last night. Pittsburgh he wasn't great, and against the Islanders, Volch completely screwed him. Let's be honest, nobody on this team is catching Grabner if he gets the puck off a neutral zone turnover.

Larsson played the least amount of minutes on the D last night. He obviously didn't impress Pete.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

We're faced with an NHL caliber defenseman sitting in the press box, because Deboer uses Harrold like he's an NHL caliber defenseman. He's really not an everyday NHL caliber defenseman.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Larsson hasn't been solid since the start of the year... but to play #28 over him is nothing short of a suicidal move by our head coach.

I've been on #28's rear end for the past 4 years and I still don't know why he apart of a NHL team, to this day.

I shouldn't make this comment but what the heck... the best thing that can happen to our team is having #28 go down with a long term injury. A minor, long term injury.

Is that even possible, a minor, long term injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad