The Peter DeBoer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I want to know what Pete was thinking when this happened?

I wonder what Deboer was thinking when he had the Kremlin Kone stinking it up against Florida. Volchenkov was so bad against Florida, almost cost us the series multiple times. It's because of him that game 7 even went to overtime. He bumped a Panther into Marty on the second goal. Nevermind him being on Mars for the rest of the series.

The Volchenkov fetish is pretty alarming. Yet Deboer KNOWS he's bad, otherwise he wouldn't have cut his icetime the other night, and wouldn't play him less than half the forwards on the team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Larsson has looked terrible over the 3 games. Maybe Pete wants to spark him.

I'm not Larsson's biggest fan but he made ONE mistake against the Pens - that happened to wind up in the back of the net. He was terrible against the Isles but I don't see him in any of the highlights getting pimp-slapped by the Oilers in the third period last night.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
So instead of scratching one of Volchenkov or Harrold, he benches Adam Larsson, the one defenseman this entire ****ing franchise is depending on to succeed.

He is going to kill Larsson's development...

How on God's green Earth is it possible that ANTON VOLCHENKOV AND PETER HARROLD ARE SO GOOD, THAT THEY DESERVE TO PLAY IN EVERY SINGLE REGULAR SEASON GAME THUS FAR!!?!?!?!?!?!? HOW!?!?

I'm done. I just don't care anymore.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
Larsson hasn't been solid since the start of the year... but to play #28 over him is nothing short of a suicidal move by our head coach.

I've been on #28's rear end for the past 4 years and I still don't know why he apart of a NHL team, to this day.

I shouldn't make this comment but what the heck... the best thing that can happen to our team is having #28 go down with a long term injury. A minor, long term injury.

Is that even possible, a minor, long term injury?

Tedenby seems to have one right now.:laugh::sarcasm:

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
I wonder what Deboer was thinking when he had the Kremlin Kone stinking it up against Florida. Volchenkov was so bad against Florida, almost cost us the series multiple times. It's because of him that game 7 even went to overtime. He bumped a Panther into Marty on the second goal. Nevermind him being on Mars for the rest of the series.

The Volchenkov fetish is pretty alarming. Yet Deboer KNOWS he's bad, otherwise he wouldn't have cut his icetime the other night, and wouldn't play him less than half the forwards on the team.

Volchenkov was like a -11 in that series ****ing brutal.

Devilsfanatic0421

"You're next"
Feb 24, 2012
Yes...lets alienate all of our young dmen. Trade Urbom, piss off Fayne, piss off Larsson.

What is going to happen with Gelinas and Merrill? I shudder at the thought.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I'm not Larsson's biggest fan but he made ONE mistake against the Pens - that happened to wind up in the back of the net. He was terrible against the Isles but I don't see him in any of the highlights getting pimp-slapped by the Oilers in the third period last night.

I am a huge Larsson fan. I just don't really think it is that big of a deal that he gets benched for Fayne. I actually think Fayne is a little bit better than Larsson as of now.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I am a huge Larsson fan. I just don't really think it is that big of a deal that he gets benched for Fayne. I actually think Fayne is a little bit better than Larsson as of now.

And I think BOTH are better than our entire third pairing...but Volch gets to play because of his contract, being a vet, the fact he's a LHD and his 'physical play' while Harrold gets to play because Pete loves his scrappy overachievers.

RJK

Feb 25, 2010
NC
harrold should be down for fayne. gio should be down for olesz and move carter to center. i don't get what deboer is going for here

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He will be bought out.

My confidence level of him being bought out is at an all time high. I realize I'm gonna be flamed for making an analogy with professional wrestling, a non competition sport. If you even wanna call it a sport.:laugh:

I got fed up with watching WWE years ago. I still watch from time to time, but I'm getting off the point.

I stopped watching because I was tired of seeing HHH and Cena always in the main events, and holding the titles. It was really keeping younger guys down.

Volchenkov on the roster keeps younger guys down. We can't afford another two years of Volchenkov stinking up the joint after this.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I'm starting to think that Pete is losing his grip a little bit. Larsson hasn't been anything great thus far, but the kid has to play if he's going to become what he was projected to be. Fayne cracking the lineup is great, but at Larsson's expense? I just keep thinking about Harrold and Volch playing the same side of the ice last night for the winning goal, both of them light years away from the goalie. How the hell that carries no weight with Pete is beyond me.

But his system is so great! Possession possession possession. All I know is that the last 40 or so game stretch that this team has played has probably been the most frustrating I've ever watched through 20 years. At least during the Mac era, they were just a flat out train wreck and you didn't expect much. Recently, they can't hold leads, defensive breakdowns galore, the special teams stink, scoring has dried up for weeks at a time and the roster management is really puzzling a lot of the time. This hasn't been fun at all.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I do think the fact that Pete is in the last yr of his coaching contract will make it easier for Lou to can him if it comes to that. I just hope he doesn't think of Pete in the same light he thought of Brent Sutter. I firmly believe Lou wanted Brent to become GM eventually. With Petes legal background it could be a similar situation

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
My confidence level of him being bought out is at an all time high. I realize I'm gonna be flamed for making an analogy with professional wrestling, a non competition sport. If you even wanna call it a sport.:laugh:

I got fed up with watching WWE years ago. I still watch from time to time, but I'm getting off the point.

I stopped watching because I was tired of seeing HHH and Cena always in the main events, and holding the titles. It was really keeping younger guys down.

Volchenkov on the roster keeps younger guys down. We can't afford another two years of Volchenkov stinking up the joint after this.

We have new owners that will hopefully not be afraid to right the check. It's a pretty valid analogy in my opinion.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I do think the fact that Pete is in the last yr of his coaching contract will make it easier for Lou to can him if it comes to that. I just hope he doesn't think of Pete in the same light he thought of Brent Sutter. I firmly believe Lou wanted Brent to become GM eventually. With Petes legal background it could be a similar situation

Since you brought up Brent Sutter, I was just thinking about this today. I have this crazy thought that Lou would bring him back. I'm sure him leaving to go home is water under the bridge now. JVB seemed to be vocally pissed about it. Not that I think it will happen, or that I want it to happen. It was just a thought. If things go south tonight, will Lou have dinner with Sutter in Calgary over the next few days?

I thought Sutter was pretty much Deboer, but he didn't make as questionable lineup decisions, and he made sure there weren't these defensive breakdowns that we're seeing tonight. Played a very similar offensive system though. He did however, give high minutes to washed up guys like Pandolfo. I don't think he ever benched Oduya for Brookbank though.

Our defense is probably on par with the one we had under Sutter. Though our defensive game is not.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey

With the way Pete handles the young talent he has now... I'd vomit if he ever got any higher up in this organization.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
With the way Pete handles the young talent he has now... I'd vomit if he ever got any higher up in this organization.

We may as well trade every draft pick we have for a 35 year old turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad