The Peter DeBoer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
He used it in the 2nd period after and icing I believe.

Regardless, the fact that Volchenkov and Harrold are dressed every night, let alone on the same pairing blows my ****ing mind.

Status Quo*

He used it in the 2nd period after and icing I believe.

Regardless, the fact that Volchenkov and Harrold are dressed every night, let alone on the same pairing blows my ****ing mind.

Nope. He used it after we gave the lead. Either Chico or Cang said so.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
My bad didn't know that. For ****s sake Pete. The only thing keeping him around right now is the SC final run. That's it.

NJDevilsFan21

Trade Everyone!!
Nov 10, 2006
We get all these new players, and yet this team is pulling the same **** as last year. It's becoming obvious what the problem is.

They never blew a 3 goal lead in a period under Lemaire, Robinson, Ftorek, Constantine, and Burns. What's that, about 10 years worth of coaching. This has to be the 5th or 6th 3 goal lead they've blown under this guy. The fact that he is terrible with young players and ALL OUR YOUNG PLAYERS are regressing under him I mean, do I have to start rooting for them to lose for Lou to fire him like I did the last 5 games under john MacLean???

Status Quo*

He just let the team unravel. You knew they were going to tie it up after the 2nd goal. Why not ****in calm the team down and slow the momentum? So ****ing stupid, dude. And then the Volch/Harrold pairing rears its ugly head again.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He used it late in the 3rd.

He used it on the PK after we were down 4-3.

The calls to fire him are beyond silly and holy over reaction, but I can't defend him not using the TO sooner.

Also can't defend keeping Fayne in the box. Otherwise people going way to nuts here.

I don't want Lav anywhere near this team.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
This is a scapegoat thread. Tonight's loss was just as much on the team for letting the Oilers back in it. I hate that Josefson and Fayne are out and Harrold, Volch, and Gionta are in as well. But come on guys. At some point you have to blame the players.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
He used it on the PK after we were down 4-3.

The calls to fire him are beyond silly and holy over reaction, but I can't defend him not using the TO sooner.

Also can't defend keeping Fayne in the box. Otherwise people going way to nuts here.

I don't want Lav anywhere near this team.

I don't disagree he should have used it earlier but he also had a TV time out coming very shortly so maybe he expected it and it didn't happen.

As for those other coaches with no 3 goal leads blown - look at who was on D then. This is nowhere near that caliber and Pete has basically the same D for 3 seasons now and a trapezoid to limit Marty being the 3rd D compared to most of those teams. It makes a difference.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I'm afraid if he gets fired it will be Stevens who is the coach. I don't think that's a good idea. I'm now CONVINCED that the 2011 run was mostly Oates and Robinson.

Well what happened tonight happened throughout that year and that playoff. They just always cameback to win in OT and shootout.

Though I do agree Robinson in particular was a large part of that defensive staff. Stevens isn't cutting it.

This is a disturbing trend that goes back throughout Pete's tenure. They can't defend in their own zone and thus can't hold onto leads. His bizarre personnel choices add to the problem,

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I miss coaches that had balls like Lemaire, Burns, and even at times, Robinson.

This guy has no balls, PERIOD. He makes brutal lineup decisions, there's been so many 3 goal leads blown on his watch.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not that it would ever happen under Lemaire, but if we ever did blow a three-goal lead with him, the presser would have been real interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia