The Peter DeBoer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
This team is 11-19-10 in it's last 40 games, 11 ****ing wins out of 40 games, a half season!!! that's putrid. Yeah you can say it's only 5 games but this is not a trend or a slump, it's the ****ing norm for this team. Yeah we have new guys who have had some gaffs but they are the only ones actually contributing on the score sheet, the majority of the missed assignments and bad play have been from guys who have been here for years. At some point you have to look at the coaches and question "hey **** heads, whatever you are telling them to do it's not working"!!!! Stop forcing a system on guys that can't pull it off, it's the same **** for the last 40 games, when something doesn't work for that long you change it.

The same horrible **** ups, turnovers, breakdowns and blown leads going back to last year. I really think Deboer is incapable of adapting or at least tweaking things to play to the strengths of the players we have. This has been going on for so long now, what makes this guy think that the same style of play will somehow magically work after it's failed miserably over the last 40 games.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
What a **** show this has become. I'm still trying to figure out how this team gets a win anytime soon, because quality of competition really doesn't matter. They literally just find ways to lose games to everyone.

One way or another, Pete's time is running out, and as out to lunch he seems to be sometimes, I'm worried that it's really going to set this team back even further. But at what point do you draw the line? He's insisting on sinking with the same old players.

When you can only win 25% of a half season's worth of games, something is really really wrong. MacLean managed to pull that feat off but this isn't Pete's first rodeo. He's a veteran coach and this is unacceptable. But I really can't see how this group just magically starts winning games all of a sudden. 180 degree turns like 2011 are a real rare occurrence. My guess is that Pete has about 3 weeks left to set this straight. That would take us to November and if they're still sputtering along by that time, DeBoer is toast. This is really not a good year for the Devils to be hot garbage, for obvious reasons. No chance that Lou is blind to that.

Beetlebum*

If Lemaire is ready to comeback, I would fire DeBoer tomorrow.

It is a shame I actually like Pete, quite a bit, but what has occurred over the past 40+ games is absolutely shocking. Josefson and Teddy looked like players under Lemaire, and suddenly they cannot crack the lineup? Fayne turns from one of our top paring dmen into a player who is outplayed by Peter Harrold!

This isn't just one player, but its a pattern with all of our young talent sans Henrique.

engy

Mar 12, 2012
Maybe as a HEAD coach...

How about replacing Scott Stevens as an ASSISTANT coach?

If Lemaire excels at anything...it's DEFENSE.

You never know. Lou insisted that the first time he coached would be the last and what do you know, he had a second stint coaching the Devils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad