The Peter DeBoer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You know what else would be less frequent under Lemaire? Goals.

We added SIX new players this offseason. Chemistry isn't something that just happens 7 days into the season. This is a marathon, and you can't be eliminated in the first 5-10 games.

I can't defend Volchenkov or Harrold in over Fayne, but Lou is as much to blame for giving Volch a 6 year deal and bringing back Zids/Harrold when we were already gushing with D.

People forget that this was an 8-10th place team the first half of 2012 until the Poni/Zids acquisitions. We were playing win one/lose one hockey for 40 games.

If we were losing with Fayne and Josefson in the lineup, would you guys still be complaining about the coaching? I doubt it.

It's October 8th, everyone relax. Can we at least wait until Halloween before freak out?

I'd give him till Halloween to see try and get this team on the right track. If we're way below 500 though, a change needs to be made IMO. And 2 games below NHL 500 with too many shootout/OT losses is not that close to 500 that I have in mind.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One thing that annoys the hell out of me, and this isn't completely on Deboer, but he needs to recognize this and fix it.

Since the start of 11-12, we have been to overtime 37 times. THIRTY SEVEN times! We have only scored 4 goals in OT in those 37 times. Our OT record is 4-5 in that time. So we don't lose many games in the overtime period, but we don't win hardly any either.

If that doesn't say this team is playing for the shootout more often than not, I don't know what does. 15 of these OT games have come since the start of 12-13, and we've only won a single game in OT since. It was the first of these 15 games.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009

We added SIX new players this offseason. Chemistry isn't something that just happens 7 days into the season. This is a marathon, and you can't be eliminated in the first 5-10 games.

I can't defend Volchenkov or Harrold in over Fayne, but Lou is as much to blame for giving Volch a 6 year deal and bringing back Zids/Harrold when we were already gushing with D.

People forget that this was an 8-10th place team the first half of 2012 until the Poni/Zids acquisitions. We were playing win one/lose one hockey for 40 games.

If we were losing with Fayne and Josefson in the lineup, would you guys still be complaining about the coaching? I doubt it.

It's October 8th, everyone relax. Can we at least wait until Halloween before freak out?

yes because I have been complaining about Deboer for years now.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
What a mess this board is, have we ever seen such irrational, knee jerk reactions like this before?

We have a complex system in place from our coach which is a secret to nobody, we have 4 new forwards - that's more than 25% of our forward lineup different from last season

More often than not these first 3 games, guys have often been out of place on the ice and in many cases throwing passes to nobody or coming too close to each other, stuff that is not uncommon when you have a fair amount of new players

Have PDB's lineups been of question? Absolutely, but some of these comments are ridiculous

onefatsurfer

I speak in code
Feb 10, 2009
Jersey Shore
Those of you that are defending DeBoer, I am curious what your explanation is for Larsson sitting instead of Volchenkov or Harrold. Not trying to start an argument, I'm curious of the rationale that I'm not seeing

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Larsson sitting out tonight...

**** YOU DEBOER YOU ****ing ******** MORON

He hasn't looked good, but to take him out before a washed up over paid player and a journeyman fringe defensemen? Not a fan

Olesz in for Carter is questionable as well

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
He hasn't looked good, but to take him out before a washed up over paid player and a journeyman fringe defensemen? Not a fan

Olesz in for Carter is questionable as well

Agreed, Gionta should be sat before Carter.

But yet again, we see DeBoer develops obsessions for bad players like Harrold and Gionta.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I'll say it again, Pete's lineup decisions being odd cannot be questioned

But it cannot be ignored that we have a ton of new forwards still trying to learn a system and their teammates to generate chemistry - those things do not happen over night, it actually takes something called work - you know like working towards coming up with a rational thought by taking variables into account rather than a quick thought just to say something

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Those of you that are defending DeBoer, I am curious what your explanation is for Larsson sitting instead of Volchenkov or Harrold. Not trying to start an argument, I'm curious of the rationale that I'm not seeing

I have no idea. I can't explain it, and it's a dumb decision.

No one is saying he's a flawless coach and I'm not sure why you seem to think those defending him are implying otherwise.

I fully admit that the way he manages this defense makes me want to pull my hair out. But you know what else made me want to pull my hair out? Lemaire playing Mark Fraser 20 minutes a night and wanting a goon in the line up every game.

But to think playing a bad player and scratching a good player is a firing offense is asinine. Show me one NHL coach that DOESN'T play favorites.

No coach was perfect. In 2010 when Lemaire retired 80% of this board was thrilled, and 6 months later people were saying he's the best non-Lou Devils figure in history. Go figure.

However, Larsson did get burned pretty badly in the Penguin and Islander games, it's not as though he didn't do anything wrong. I can't explain why he's higher on the chopping block than players who made equally bad mistakes, or why Fayne was out of the lineup to begin with.

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
He is ruining Larsson. The guy have zero confidens. Let him play fore **** sack and let him do some misstakes. He is 20 years old. Send him down to ahl if you dont trust him.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Pete is single handedly ruining larssons career. Not happy about this at all, at this point we may as well trade him and get a real scorer. This is ridiculous

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just hope if he goes, Stevens isn't the replacement.

Knowing Lou though, I don't think he'd make Stevens the replacement. Too inexperienced.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
He got burned by Grabner, the whole team got burned by him. Every single one of Grabner's goal could be placed on the whole team not just Larsson. He could have played it better, true, and he harbors responsibility but the whole team played poorly defensively.

He played well yesterday and definitely did not deserve to be scratched. He plays better when he has confidence but how are you going to have confidence when you worry about mistake you make might get you scratched. I wonder how Lou reacts to this, 3 of their past 4 first round picks are in the press box.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He got burned by Grabner, the whole team got burned by him. Every single one of Grabner's goal could be placed on the whole team not just Larsson. He could have played it better, true, and he harbors responsibility but the whole team played poorly defensively.

He played well yesterday and definitely did not deserve to be scratched. He plays better when he has confidence but how are you going to have confidence when you worry about mistake you make might get you scratched. I wonder how Lou reacts to this, 3 of their past 4 first round picks are in the press box.

And the other ones we lost or were traded away (granted one was for Cory).

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Deboer is awful with personnel decision and gametime on-ice decisions.

His system is good though.

Is it good enough to compensate for losing Urbom, probably Fayne, and pissing off Larsson for though? I dunno

Claudi27

Mar 28, 2008
Barcelona
I think Lou and Pete are trying to avoid having to buy out Volchenkov, remember he's still signed until the end of the 15-16 season, he's playing fine other than his Pejorative Slured play against calgary that cost the go ahead goal against and we may get a team or two to bite the bait, even if it's just for a late round pick

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

wow. would lemaire have to come back and walk on water to finally get the respect he deserves? I’m not even entertaining the idea of him coaching again, because I believe him this time when he says he’s retired. that said, if he were to come back, this team would be in the playoffs. no question.

to say we wouldn’t score any goals under lemaire (which youre saying would be understandable anyway because of roster turnover) is downright ignorant and disrespectful to the man.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Larsson scratched for Fayne? It's to the point where I'm only surprised it didn't happen the game before.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I think Lou and Pete are trying to avoid having to buy out Volchenkov, remember he's still signed until the end of the 15-16 season, he's playing fine other than his Pejorative Slured play against calgary that cost the go ahead goal against and we may get a team or two to bite the bait, even if it's just for a late round pick

Anyone with half a brain wouldn't touch #28, even if he came for free. He's a brutal hockey player when talking about how the "new NHL" is being played.

If he does get bought out this summer, I'll predict right now that he won't get another deal from a NHL team and will bolt back home.

BOOK IT !!!

apice3*

I'll say it again, Pete's lineup decisions being odd cannot be questioned

But it cannot be ignored that we have a ton of new forwards still trying to learn a system and their teammates to generate chemistry - those things do not happen over night, it actually takes something called work - you know like working towards coming up with a rational thought by taking variables into account rather than a quick thought just to say something

I don't care how much or how little chemistry a team has. If you have a 3 goal lead with 12 minutes left, you have no excuse for losing.

Calling a timeout after the 1st goal would have been smart, but I understand not using it so soon. Not calling timeout after the 2nd goal is a rookie mistake. Not calling it after the 3rd goal is plain stubborn. Not calling it after the 4th goal is straight ignorance and stupidity. This isn't the same coach that got us to the finals. He was stubborn then, but he wasn't stupid. Now he's just a ****ing moron. I'm done defending him. I don't want him here after watching last game.

We blow leads more than any team I've ever seen. It's completely unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->