Status
Not open for further replies.

apice3*

When I agree with Apice3, you know **** isn't right :laugh:

i_know_that_feel_bro_by_rober_raik-d4cxn5a.png

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
If the old man was in his prime (Lou) I would say Pete doesn't last past Halloween (hell the road trip...).

Alas, Lou has gotten far more patient with age I think. Lou might just ride him out through the year regardless and tank for a first round...oh wait.

Yea. If things don't improve tonight Pete will get fired tonight.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Deboer is awful with personnel decision and gametime on-ice decisions.

His system is good though.

Is it good enough to compensate for losing Urbom, probably Fayne, and pissing off Larsson for though? I dunno

That was 100% on Lou. First, for unnecessarily bringing back Zids/Harrold to create the logjam, secondly for trying to do fancy footwork and not waiving him when he should have.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
That was 100% on Lou. First, for unnecessarily bringing back Zids/Harrold to create the logjam, secondly for trying to do fancy footwork and not waiving him when he should have.

Neither Zids or Harrold are the problem

Bringing back Zidlicky would have futher hurt the "offense" we have present on our defense

The offense he brings outweighs his defensive relapses

He currently leads the team as a +2 and has the most assists on the team with 3

Harrold is the perfect fill in/7 guy

The problem here is Volchenkov - we have little to no positives that come out of his game other than shot blocking, his physical game has disappeared

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
can we bring up his time in Florida? I was told that was irrelevant, but a young Kulikov once said.....

"With Pete, it's one mistake and you're like shaking for the rest of the game."

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
In a couple years, having Larsson, Greene, Merrill, Severson, and Gelinas back there is going to be amazing... but the Devils need a veteran that's 25-30 years old back there.

If even three of the above names are on the Devils NHL roster in 2 years, I'll be surprised.

Status Quo*

I wake up from a nice nap to see Fayne in.... for ****ing Larsson...

You have got to be kidding me.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Like I said, if we were losing games 2-1, 1-0, etc, I would understand. It takes time for this new offense to gel. Our defense/defensive game is just really bad. Some of our worst players are the guys who've been here a couple years.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The people defending Larsson protest too much.

He's -4, and the Devils have only had 10 even strength goals scored against them.

You do the math.

Hell, he's not even having his +/- stats weighed down by Volchenkov like Harrold is. Worst +/- on the team right now = Larsson.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Speaking of +/-, how is Gionta still allowed to play with a faceoff percentage below 30%?

So can I create a thread for the Deboer-firing pool. I'm gonna wait for mod approval before going that direction :laugh:

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Speaking of +/-, how is Gionta still allowed to play with a faceoff percentage below 30%?

So can I create a thread for the Deboer-firing pool. I'm gonna wait for mod approval before going that direction :laugh:

because he's a hard worker and he hits.

deboer's obsession with gionta is creepy.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
There is no log jam on defense. They have seven on defense and one of them is a career #7/ahl defensemen. The coach is playing him for some reason.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Good bet. Have three games following that Lightning game.

If Lou makes a move it will be sooner rather than later. I think he regrets not cutting MacLean loose earlier in 2010-11.

Everyone has a right to call for Pete's head but these timetables are WAY premature. If we're still floundering around Thanksgiving then start taking bets on Pete's head. But he's not firing him 5-10 games into a season, come on now. If the Devils start 0-10 that's another story but there's too much talent to think it'll be THAT bad, even with the nightmare schedule.

Thanksgiving's the earliest it could possibly happen imo, and that's when MacLean should have been fired (after the Isle debacle in late November). Instead he wasn't fired till Christmas and a waste of December.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

That Gionta kills penalties and takes shorthended faceoffs with that percentage is a joke. I like Gio, i think he is a good extra forward/injury fill in guy. Shouldn't be starting regularly on this team,

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
btw for all the ***ching about DeBoer, remember guys like Elias swear by him. That's going to carry 'some' weight here with Lou, at least until results get too bad to ignore.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
The people defending Larsson protest too much.

He's -4, and the Devils have only had 10 even strength goals scored against them.

You do the math.

Hell, he's not even having his +/- stats weighed down by Volchenkov like Harrold is. Worst +/- on the team right now = Larsson.

+/- is useless stat over small sample sizes. 3 games would be a small sample size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad