Prospect Info: The Pavel Buchnevich Thread (Scores 2 Goals + Assist on Turkey Day)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
The assist was very nice as well, perfect shot/pass to his teammate's stick who deflected it in.

Season Stats:

GP: 4 | G: 1 | A: 1 | P: 2 | PIM: 2 | -1 | SOG: 11

Last Game: 4-3 SOW (0G/1A/1P/E/1SOG)
Next Game: September 4th vs Traktor
--
Severstal's Team Record: 2-2-0

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Buchnevich will be here after his season ends unless he is traded to a playoff team in the KHL. The Rangers will get him on the roster in March whether he plays every night or not. Because regardless if the Rangers management does not want to deviate from their stance on not letting players dictate where they play, Buchnevich is far and away their best offensive prospect while being almost a surefire NHLer now that Duclair is gone. They can't afford to play hardball with him. They need him. People bring up the Blues and Tarasenko but they had more prospect depth and imo gave them more leverage. Schwarz, Lehtera, Jaskins, etc.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Buchnevich will be here after his season ends unless he is traded to a playoff team in the KHL. The Rangers will get him on the roster in March whether he plays every night or not. Because regardless if the Rangers management does not want to deviate from their stance on not letting players dictate where they play, Buchnevich is far and away their best offensive prospect while being almost a surefire NHLer now that Duclair is gone. They can't afford to play hardball with him. They need him. People bring up the Blues and Tarasenko but they had more prospect depth and imo gave them more leverage. Schwarz, Lehtera, Jaskins, etc.

If Buchnevich has a good season and is a candidate for Russia NT roster, I think he will stay in Russia until World Championships (especially since it will be held in Moscow this year).

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
If Buchnevich has a good season and is a candidate for Russia NT roster, I think he will stay in Russia until World Championships (especially since it will be held in Moscow this year).

this is true.

kinda sucks they are in moscow this year. and to add to that, this is some big anniversary year for russian hockey so its gonna be a big deal. its being held at sports palace right in moscow which is a very sweet facility and the ice palace in st pete. moscow for the finals.

if he's chosen for the NT, he likely will stay and play the 2 weeks from end april to mid may.

hopefully severstal will suck and he won't be picked. then he comes over after seasons end.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
this is true.

kinda sucks they are in moscow this year. and to add to that, this is some big anniversary year for russian hockey so its gonna be a big deal. its being held at sports palace right in moscow which is a very sweet facility and the ice palace in st pete. moscow for the finals.

if he's chosen for the NT, he likely will stay and play the 2 weeks from end april to mid may.

hopefully severstal will suck and he won't be picked. then he comes over after seasons end.

I think it'll actually be a good scenario for Rangers, if he plays in WHC. Because with tournament being held in Moscow, they will try to get as good NT as possible. And Buchnevich will get into the team only if he has a really good season. You can imagine what a morale boost it'll be for him.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
I think it'll actually be a good scenario for Rangers, if he plays in WHC. Because with tournament being held in Moscow, they will try to get as good NT as possible. And Buchnevich will get into the team only if he has a really good season. You can imagine what a morale boost it'll be for him.

thats true and i agree.

from a purely selfish fan perspective, he needs to get here soon. :laugh:

I'm sure its a big deal to play at home for the host team. its a big deal and it would mean alot to him to be chosen and play on that roster. I'm all for it.

just get here asap. :nod:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Here is the Youtube version his last game:

His nice shot/pass assist starts at 4:00, you get a really nice look at from the replay angle. His game winning shootout goal starts at 5:23.

Last edited:

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Here is the Youtube version his last game:

His nice shot/pass assist starts at 4:00, you get a really nice look at from the replay angle. His game winning shootout goal starts at 5:23.

Well, there's one thing he can already do better than anyone on the current squad - deke the goalie and then actually LIFT the puck to finish the play.

Can't wait to see this kid in a blueshirt.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Another 3-0 Loss for Severstal today :facepalm: Team is so brutal.

Season Stats:

GP: 5 | G: 1 | A: 1 | P: 2 | PIM: 2 | -2 | SOG: 15

Last Game: 3-0 Loss (0G/0A/0P/-1/4SOG)
Next Game: September 6th vs Neftekhimik
--
Severstal's Team Record: 2-3-0

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
In retrospect what are the chances of this kid coming at the end of his season. After trading Duclair this is really the only offensive prospect. I wonder if the ranger still add duclair if they knew he was gonna play one more season with the KHL

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Another 3-0 Loss for Severstal today :facepalm: Team is so brutal.

Season Stats:

GP: 5 | G: 1 | A: 1 | P: 2 | PIM: 2 | -2 | SOG: 15

Last Game: 3-0 Loss (0G/0A/0P/-1/4SOG)
Next Game: September 6th vs Neftekhimik
--
Severstal's Team Record: 2-3-0

He played well, but his team didn't. Its the same story almost every game.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
In retrospect what are the chances of this kid coming at the end of his season. After trading Duclair this is really the only offensive prospect. I wonder if the ranger still add duclair if they knew he was gonna play one more season with the KHL

Well, when Rangers traded Duclair, St Louis had still been on the team. And Hagelin. There weren't a lot of free spots in top9 positions, which was perhaps the main reason Buchnevich didn't wanna come.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
If severstal is really that brutal and it's almost guaranteed that they lose Pavel for nothing next year wouldn't it behoove them to trade him asap so their club can hopefully obtain some quality assets and compete in a another year or two?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Are they considerably worse than last year? Small sample but 2 in 6 doesn't seem good even for a being on a bad team.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Are they considerably worse than last year? Small sample but 2 in 6 doesn't seem good even for a being on a bad team.

Regardless, playing on a **** team cant be too good for his development. Plenty of people think he'll waltz right into the NHL in early 2016? Time to normalize expectations when/if he comes over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad