Prospect Info: The Pavel Buchnevich Thread (Scores 2 Goals + Assist on Turkey Day)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Most top 6 forwards play somewhere between that and 20. A lot better than him getting 12-15 on a deeper team.

Nash and Tarasenko played 17 a night.

Okay, but the point is that he's the best player on his team and he's capable of playing in all situations, so why isn't he playing 20+ per game?

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
most of the top russian players in the league have played in the RSL/KHL until 20-22 years old. malkin and ovechkin left at 20. tarasenko was 21. kuznestov was almost 22. semin was 22 the 2nd time around he came to the NHL. i see absolutely no issue with letting a high end talent from russia develop his game further in the KHL. next season i think its time for him to come to the NHL but let him get the minutes offensive opportunities and pressure of being relied on for offense this year over in russia.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Okay, but the point is that he's the best player on his team and he's capable of playing in all situations, so why isn't he playing 20+ per game?

1 forward got 20 minutes of ice team last game. buchnevich was 4th in ice time among forwards at 18 n change.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York

nash is our best forward and capable of playing in all situations. he averaged 17:27 in icetime last season. this isnt junior hockey where the top forwards play half the game...

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

Usually centers are top minute eaters as forwards unless a team doesn't have the depth.

There will always be a center on the ice, short handed, or PP.

That's not the case with wingers. 1 theres 8 of them as opposed to 4 centers. Two, due to face offs, there will always be a center on ice.

Maybe he's on the 2nd unit on the PK or PP. Maybe guys extend their shifts. Maybe the coach doesn't want him out there when protecting leads.

Hockey is a fluid and dynamic game.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
nash is our best forward and capable of playing in all situations. he averaged 17:27 in icetime last season. this isnt junior hockey where the top forwards play half the game...

But Kovalchuck would play 25 minutes with the devils.....

:sarcasm:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
And for the record, I have no problem with him playing another year there. For my personal greed of course I wanted him playing here this year but I can wait another year. It's not like this is going to hurt his development.

Now if he doesn't come next year...then I start to worry a bit more.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
severstal isn't very good.

lets hope he stays there and they miss the playoffs.

gets pavel here sooner.

hes a very good player right now. when he arrives, he will be perhaps our best purely offensive talent. his game has holes, but its a mistake to believe he can't and won't forecheck. he can and does. he's a very active and aggressive defensive player. his pk work is quite good. he engages and doesnt shy away from the front of the net.

i am hoping that our pp will run through him like it did on the world teams he's played on and captained.

he's the type of pp player this team needs. someone who is both creative and confident on the puck with the man advantage. he controls the puck calmly and looks to make plays for his line mates. in fact, adding him to our pp in the spring can make a world of difference for us.

he can't get here soon enough.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I watched the first once I was able to find a stream.

No goals or assists. I didn't notice Pavel much until the end of the period when some guy tried to take his head off when he was off-balance. It could've been a serious injury, but once his team got the puck back on the same shift he rushed up ice 1 on 3 and protected the puck until a guy on his team went to the net. Very skillful play to keep control of the puck with that type of defensive pressure.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I know a lot of you think he will be here in the Spring, but I don't see it happening.

From what I can gather he is young and not comfortable yet of the idea of moving to a whole new world before I can get down the language and be confident and ready enough to start his new life, I think he has in his head that he will end the season in Russia, then fully prepare for his move to North America in the summer. I just don't see him rushing over here to jump right into a playoff race, everything would be extremely overwhelming. That's the real reason I believe he decided on waiting another year. It's not like Kreider's situation, not even close.

Of course this is mainly speculation.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Severstal lost 3-0.

I believe they had just 1 or 2 shots in the 3rd period. Half their shots in the game came when they had 6 minutes of almost straight PP time in the middle of the 2nd. 19 shots total in the game.

Season Stats:

GP 3 | G 1 | A 0 | P 1 | PIM 0 | -1 | 10 SOG

Last Game: 3-0 L (0G/0A/0P/-1)
Next Game: September 2nd vs Torpedo
Severstal Team Record: (1-2)

Last edited:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Pavel Buchnevich says that his response about possibly leaving the KHL to join the Rangers is always the same, saying that “only time will tell.” (Sports.RU via Peter)

Buchnevich says that he follows news about the Rangers to see what is going on but that his desire to improve his command of the English language has been “postponed” until he has more free time. (Severstal)

He said that he is prepared to get questions from reporters during the KHL season about his future and said that “but time will really tell” and that he didn’t want to think about something so far into the future.

Well thats some unencouraging news. He doesn't have enough free time to learn English? Doesn't seem like he is making much of any effort to get ready for the move. I'll say it again, there is no chance he comes to NA after his season ends this season. Just got to hope he comes in the summer.

http://snyrangersblog.com/prospects...ady-for-months-of-questions-about-his-future/

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Severstal lost 3-0.

I believe they had just 1 or 2 shots in the 3rd period. Half their shots in the game came when they had 6 minutes of almost straight PP time in the middle of the 2nd. 19 shots total in the game.

Season Stats:

GP 3 | G 1 | A 0 | P 1 | PIM 0 | -1 | 10 SOG

Last Game: 3-0 L (0G/0A/0P/-1)
Next Game: September 2nd vs Torpedo
Severstal Team Record: (1-2)

Should fit in nicely on the NYR

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Well thats some unencouraging news. He doesn't have enough free time to learn English? Doesn't seem like he is making much of any effort to get ready for the move. I'll say it again, there is no chance he comes to NA after his season ends this season. Just got to hope he comes in the summer.

http://snyrangersblog.com/prospects...ady-for-months-of-questions-about-his-future/

I was 100% sure he'd come over this year after they moved Duke, as Duke will likely be in the NHL this year and could have filled a need for us. Not complaining about the trade in general as I'd way rather have Yandle, but from there it went to he's definitely not coming over because he wants to learn the language and develop more, and now it's he's not learning the language because he's too busy, and "time will tell" when he comes over.

Is there a more than minuscule chance that he isn't going to come? I don't really know what to make of all this, but I haven't read anything encouraging about him being an NYR in a long time now.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Have to think Gorton sees Buchnevich as the next top 6 winger to come in.

Nash-Brass-Zucc
Kreider-Stepan-Buchnevich
Miller-Hayes-Etem

That has the potential to be an absolutely filthy top 9.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Have to think Gorton sees Buchnevich as the next top 6 winger to come in.

Nash-Brass-Zucc
Kreider-Stepan-Buchnevich
Miller-Hayes-Etem

That has the potential to be an absolutely filthy top 9.

hang on one second while I go change my pants...

That's such a lethal top 9..

1st line = 170 points
2nd line = 150 points
3rd line = 130 points

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He's only three games into his season. Let them establish their daily routines, and then I'm sure he'll be able to find some free time. There are a vast number of resources that he can use to learn English, even if it's just a basic foundation.

More importantly, he should focus on rounding out his game first, and then all of the other extraneous stuff will follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia