Prospect Info: The Pavel Buchnevich Thread (Scores 2 Goals + Assist on Turkey Day)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Buch can come hear and learn English. As a 20 year old playing in his nation's top league, I don't care if he speaks a word of English when he gets here if he has a good season in the K.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If Buch struggles with English just teach the rest of the team how to say 'shoot' in Russian and feed him the puck.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
severstal isn't very good.

lets hope he stays there and they miss the playoffs.

gets pavel here sooner.

hes a very good player right now. when he arrives, he will be perhaps our best purely offensive talent. his game has holes, but its a mistake to believe he can't and won't forecheck. he can and does. he's a very active and aggressive defensive player. his pk work is quite good. he engages and doesnt shy away from the front of the net.

i am hoping that our pp will run through him like it did on the world teams he's played on and captained.

he's the type of pp player this team needs. someone who is both creative and confident on the puck with the man advantage. he controls the puck calmly and looks to make plays for his line mates. in fact, adding him to our pp in the spring can make a world of difference for us.

he can't get here soon enough.

If Nash is still on the rosters then no he wont.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Buch can come hear and learn English. As a 20 year old playing in his nation's top league, I don't care if he speaks a word of English when he gets here if he has a good season in the K.

I think the bigger issue is that he won't come if he is not comfortable. And if he doesn't know the language it will be extremely uncomfortable for him.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
this organization wanted him to come over this season. gordie said he was ready. pavel felt differently. his call. i respect that. he's now playing his regular season, and although we are dying for some info during this slow time before camp, don't expect alot of indication from him about coming over. he's been asked that 1000x. he will play it very cool which will upset the natives here. his blah response will generate alot of negatives on this site.

him not being here now is all about finding a roster spot on this team and avoiding any further "seasoning" in hartford. he doesnt want to play for the pack. can't blame him. the khl is the better place for him to develop his game.

hes working on his defensive game, playing in all situations, pp, pk and maturing physically. he wants to come here and play in ny. not ct. this is what goodie and co, told him to do. his people are working to get him to ny to be a star player.

for a young russian, the language thing is important. ask any young kid from russian who comes over and plays major junior. its tough. they all talk about the language thing. he wants to be a star and come off as intelligent and well spoken. matters to these young russian players who watch their idols like ovechkin, datsyuk and now tarasenko speak well and wear letters for their teams. this does matter.

i still believe he comes over after severstal season ends. they aren't very good. no playoffs means he comes sooner.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
If Nash is still on the rosters then no he wont.

perhaps. i said perhaps.

as for nash, i believe last season was an anomaly and he won't score like that this season. i expect him to be more in the 30 range.

as far as offensive gifts, nash has size, skating and strength but buchnevich has more natural tools.

and remember, offense isn't just goal scoring. i don't find rick nash all that creative.

i believe buchnevich will be out most gifted offensive player the moment he arrives in ny.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
this organization wanted him to come over this season. gordie said he was ready. pavel felt differently. his call. i respect that. he's now playing his regular season, and although we are dying for some info during this slow time before camp, don't expect alot of indication from him about coming over. he's been asked that 1000x. he will play it very cool which will upset the natives here. his blah response will generate alot of negatives on this site.

him not being here now is all about finding a roster spot on this team and avoiding any further "seasoning" in hartford. he doesnt want to play for the pack. can't blame him. the khl is the better place for him to develop his game.

hes working on his defensive game, playing in all situations, pp, pk and maturing physically. he wants to come here and play in ny. not ct. this is what goodie and co, told him to do. his people are working to get him to ny to be a star player.

for a young russian, the language thing is important. ask any young kid from russian who comes over and plays major junior. its tough. they all talk about the language thing. he wants to be a star and come off as intelligent and well spoken. matters to these young russian players who watch their idols like ovechkin, datsyuk and now tarasenko speak well and wear letters for their teams. this does matter.

i still believe he comes over after severstal season ends. they aren't very good. no playoffs means he comes sooner.

Actually we told Buch that we thought he needed time in the AHL and he preferred to play in the KHL.

I think he made the right call no matter what, he is still in a really important development phase. No need to risk messing with that with a continental move to a smaller ice and Kenny G...

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Actually we told Buch that we thought he needed time in the AHL and he preferred to play in the KHL.

I think he made the right call no matter what, he is still in a really important development phase. No need to risk messing with that with a continental move to a smaller ice and Kenny G...

pretty sure i heard gordie say they thought he was ready to play top 9 this fall.

might be wrong.

either way, staying in the k on a so-so severstal and playing alot of minutes in all situations will help develop him more than coming here and playing in hartford.

if this kid can find another 5 lbs of muscle and continue to gain confidence, he will be a very exciting young forward to add to the roster in the spring.

no question his hands, feet and mind can play nhl hockey right now.

i wish we had a russian on the roster though..... our foreign guys are all swedes 1 nor and a finn !!

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
If Buch struggles with English just teach the rest of the team how to say 'shoot' in Russian and feed him the puck.

once he's here, when he's on the pp, it will work through him. i expect hell be a pp assist machine.

he can control the puck and the flow of the pp with his ability to move around and create. something we have lacked forever. his shot is very good but his ability to play a calm, composed, intuitive offensive game is the key.

he will be a PP QB.

who will finish though ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B26py8Jxc4M

1:20 insane quickness.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
pretty sure i heard gordie say they thought he was ready to play top 9 this fall.

might be wrong.

either way, staying in the k on a so-so severstal and playing alot of minutes in all situations will help develop him more than coming here and playing in hartford.

if this kid can find another 5 lbs of muscle and continue to gain confidence, he will be a very exciting young forward to add to the roster in the spring.

no question his hands, feet and mind can play nhl hockey right now.

i wish we had a russian on the roster though..... our foreign guys are all swedes 1 nor and a finn !!

I thought I read Kreider speaks Russian... maybe I'm mistaken?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its really apparent when watching this guy play that he's at another level from these guys in the KHL. He steps on the ice and he stands out.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
His team just scored. The other team was so worried about the threat of his shot from the slot that they left another guy wide open back door.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Wasn't it reported that Buchnevich wanted a 1 way deal and its one of the reasons hes still in the KHL? If so, thats going to be a problem down the line. I doubt the Rangers just hand him a roster spot on a silver platter.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Wasn't it reported that Buchnevich wanted a 1 way deal and its one of the reasons hes still in the KHL? If so, thats going to be a problem down the line. I doubt the Rangers just hand him a roster spot on a silver platter.

1-way deal has nothing to do with a roster spot or where you play,
just how much you are payed if in minors
On 1-way deal, you get NHL level salary in minors, rather than a lower salary per a 2-way deal

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
2-1 Severstal after 1. He was on the ice for a goal scored by his team and a goal scored by the other team. He played well in that period. You can tell that he's so much more talented than these other players by the speed and skill that he plays with.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn

All Entry Level Contracts (ELCs) are 2-way contracts, so he would have no say in that matter.

However, if the report was he wanted a 1-way deal, it was the spirit of him playing in the NHL, not the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad