The Panarin Situation, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
But didn't he say he didn't want to get traded and wanted to finish the season with Columbus? Or was that said to the public so he wouldn't look like the bad guy but privately Panarin or his agent asked for a trade?

From my perspective they went out of their way to say he was happy to play this season as a Blue Jacket. They talked repeatedly about the short term / long term distinction there. Obviously they were trying to keep a good look, but my guess is they wouldn't have gone that far publicly if they were trying to pull off an exit behind the scenes.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Panarin isn't moving his feet as much. I don't know if he's checked out mentally but I think he's worn a bit physically, and you combine it with the tire fire around him (every pass is in his skates if not 5 feet behind him), he just hasn't been very good.

In my mind there is no doubt he is checked out. It’s been apparent in his play,but what was revealing to me was his sheepish reaction when he scored the shootout game winner vs NJ. That was not the exuberant celebration we’ve seen in the past.

I would add that it has sabotaged the effort Jarmo made at the trade deadline. Also I’m sure that his teammates have noticed and I wonder if it has impacted the locker room(?)

I was so baffled by the New Jersey game that my reaction after they won was less than exuberant as well. I was frankly surprised that some of the players seemed joyous after one of the worst performances I've ever seen. I don't hold it against Artemi if he felt unenthused.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't know if there are any explicit locker room problems right now. We do have an issue where our best players are not able to lead the team out of this. Panarin is not a comfortable speaker, not to mention half way out of town. Duchene just got here and has little track record of winning he can back himself up with. Bobrovsky has been throwing fits. Jones is a nervous wreck right now.

Reactions: Madifer

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
You mean the 2 handed slash to the back of his legs

It started earlier in the play with a check from McAvoy that knocked him down. Bread chased him and yanked him around a bit, leading to the slash.

His smirk when he returned to the bench after he was let out of the penalty box was classic Bread - half impish delight and half embarrassment. I'd like to think that kind of engagement might get him going but maybe he was just looking to give himself a five-minute rest.

su24

Sep 30, 2017
He might be disturbed by the political situation in his country. People in Russia discussing his recent anti-government post on instagram. There'is Ovechkin and Kovalchuk who created the "Putin-team" and now they have Panarin, who says "how can you be so afraid of your citizens? Where are we going?"

Reactions: Madifer

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
He might be disturbed by the political situation in his country. People in Russia discussing his recent anti-government post on instagram. There'is Ovechkin and Kovalchuk who created the "Putin-team" and now they have Panarin, who says "how can you be so afraid of your citizens? Where are we going?"

this makes me like him so much more

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Panarin is obviously a very liberal guy who is very likely to stay in the US when his career is over.

Im still curious why he has been playing below his standards recently, maybe he is fatigued or a bit injured, I hope its not an attempt to try to save himself for the next employer :/

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
I'm surprised by his play as well. Over the last three seasons there hasn't been many players better than him down the stretch. I thought for sure he'd be around 1.5-1.7 pts a game over his last 20 like he usually is. This is really weird. I thought for sure he was on pace for a career best 90 + pt season before his last 10 games.
The whole team looks out of sorts really. I think too many additions has messed up the chemistry the team had. They just don't look very good at all right now including Panarin.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I'm surprised by his play as well. Over the last three seasons there hasn't been many players better than him down the stretch. I thought for sure he'd be around 1.5-1.7 pts a game over his last 20 like he usually is. This is really weird. I thought for sure he was on pace for a career best 90 + pt season before his last 10 games.
The whole team looks out of sorts really. I think too many additions has messed up the chemistry the team had. They just don't look very good at all right now including Panarin.

I guess you haven't seen the last five games or so.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Yes his previous finishes were very very strong. This one not so much.

At this point the new additions are settling in fine and the team is winning again. It's not a chemistry issue. Panarin is just in a plain old slump. He was moving his feet again last game, that's a start, he just needs his timing to come back.

Reactions: CPTN71 and Madifer

Irina

Jan 15, 2019
My impression from watching jackets` matches..Panarin is ignored a lot by teammates from the beginning of the season. So many times he is absolutely open at right place at right time, waiting for the puck, and doesn`t get it. They give him puck when there aro no other options. Last example is 12th minute of second period in Calgary. Bread had whole open net in front of him, there was free lane for the pass but Savard shot himself..No goal, moment is gone. Most of the time he played great for Columbus, and he`s got booing for it. My opinion is that Torts words were last straw. It was disgusting. It was wide-spread in all main Russian sport`s media. He is pro, but he is human being also. . I am not him, but from my side it could be "f*ck this coach, f*ck everything". It`s like something died inside him...Sorry for my English.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
My impression from watching jackets` matches..Panarin is ignored a lot by teammates from the beginning of the season. So many times he is absolutely open at right place at right time, waiting for the puck, and doesn`t get it. They give him puck when there aro no other options. Last example is 12th minute of second period in Calgary. Bread had whole open net in front of him, there was free lane for the pass but Savard shot himself..No goal, moment is gone. Most of the time he played great for Columbus, and he`s got booing for it. My opinion is that Torts words were last straw. It was disgusting. It was wide-spread in all main Russian sport`s media. He is pro, but he is human being also. . I am not him, but from my side it could be "f*ck this coach, f*ck everything". It`s like something died inside him...Sorry for my English.

Oh I agree with this. I dont think Torts knew what he was saying and what "obosralsya" means in Russian and how Bread might have interpreted it. Its just a cultural thing and all yet it did play a role. Its regrettable since I think Bread was a great fit for this team.

zukeisgone

Jan 17, 2019
Oh I agree with this. I dont think Torts knew what he was saying and what "obosralsya" means in Russian and how Bread might have interpreted it. Its just a cultural thing and all yet it did play a role. Its regrettable since I think Bread was a great fit for this team.

What does it mean?

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
What does it mean?

It doesnt matter. Its all mere speculation anyway. This is my last post until October. I know this franchise will be free of russkis by then but I will still support it. And only it. Take care all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad