The Panarin Situation, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Gavrikov?

As said earlier: I dont care for russians, if I did then Id be supporting that team with Grape Ape or that Tampa team. I cant stand either. Me and my gf dont live in Russia or anywhere near it either.

I really like CBJ for a variety of reasons, the main one being: its unpredictable, undervalued and it is what it is.

Im throwing the towel for this season. Yes repeating. Cya all in 6 months

Reactions: Toe Pick

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Im really happy dude isngone after this year. He did his job here fine. He will go all out in playoffs ans thats all we need. But no desire to keep him.

Is texier a lw? I can see pld tex and Cam goong 2nd line with d&d and Anderson taking the 1 and having the fastest top 6 in the league. Jenner fligs bjork. Im feeling it.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Im really happy dude isngone after this year. He did his job here fine. He will go all out in playoffs ans thats all we need. But no desire to keep him.

Interesting thing is that is the way a lot of folks view Duchene is the way some on here view Panarin.

To me I'd much rather have Panarin long term. When he is going he carries a line. That is scary think in my mind with PLD, as good as he is when Panarin wasn't playing well he didn't play well beside him.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

Oh my god, I love the translated headline:

“I try to save money, so that I do not lick anyone's ass.” Artem Panarin's big interview

Also, does "get high" mean something else in Russian? He mentioned getting high more than once. I don't have an issue with it, but just thought it was odd he was THAT candid.

Answer as to why he hasn't learned much English:

"The next day the game, but I want to lie down, recover, watch a movie, get high, enjoy life, not sit and teach English."

All in all, yes, he's the most skilled player we've ever had, but it's clear he is out for only himself and probably couldn't care less about winning here.

Last edited:
Reactions: CPTN71 and Toe Pick

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Interesting stuff about Bread in his own words. And I can say his comments strike me as consistent with his behavior on the ice. "It is all about me".

Reactions: CarolinaBlueJacket

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Also, does "get high" mean something else in Russian? He mentioned getting high more than once. I don't have an issue with it, but just thought it was odd he was THAT candid.
It means "кайфовать" - something like "a trip around south of France on a yacht doing nothing, enjoying life."

- When will you buy the house?
- I'll sign a new contract and then buy it. The next contract i will have will be long. Just enough to buy a house, live, get high(same - "кайфовать"). This is my first task.

Reactions: CPTN71

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
It means "кайфовать" - something like "a trip around south of France on a yacht doing nothing, enjoying life."

- I'll sign a new contract and then buy it. The next contract i will have will be long. Just enough to buy a house, live, get high(same - "кайфовать"). This is my first task.

Thanks as always Maylo. I figured something got lost in the translation there.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
In all fairness, he wasn't asked once about a potential playoff run or anything like that. The reporter seemed more interested in learning about his interests outside of hockey, rather than his successes with the sport. He actually spoke generally positive about Columbus as a city, aside from the modeling opportunities (maybe there is truth to that after all) for his GF.

He has diva written all over him, but lots of great players do. Not trying to defend it, but as long as he's trying to win for the rest of time he's here, and he's a good teammate, I don't care. He's out of here after 7 games anyway.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

cbjfan

Jul 4, 2002
Visit site
Seems like some on this board have reached the "we didn't really want you to sign here anyway" phase with Panarin. I think if Artemi had a change of heart and wanted to stay here, Jarmo would have him signed in minutes.

I don't buy the "he doesn't care" or "he's a diva" rhetoric being bantered about. I think a lot of it has to do with not being able to hear directly from him given his reluctance to give interviews in English.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Seems like some on this board have reached the "we didn't really want you to sign here anyway" phase with Panarin. I think if Artemi had a change of heart and wanted to stay here, Jarmo would have him signed in minutes.

The spurned lover portion of the relationship. I'm on record saying I would like him to stay. He, most likley, won't so I'm not going to worry about it. With some minor work we could get Panarin, Duchene, and Dzingel under contract and still deal with our RFA's.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
The spurned lover portion of the relationship. I'm on record saying I would like him to stay. He, most likley, won't so I'm not going to worry about it. With some minor work we could get Panarin, Duchene, and Dzingel under contract and still deal with our RFA's.
Agreed. If Bread wanted to sign I’d welcome him with open arms. But if Bread wanted to sign he likely would have by now. So I’m just going to enjoy him while we have him and be pleasantly surprised if he changes his mind.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

For one year maybe but looking out beyond next season I think it would take more than a minor bit of work to add those guys to the core and keep Andy, Zach,PLD,Jones, Bjork and Murray happy. Spending what it would take to keep Panarin makes it a real problem imo.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
For one year maybe but looking out beyond next season I think it would take more than a minor bit of work to add those guys to the core and keep Andy, Zach,PLD,Jones, Bjork and Murray happy. Spending what it would take to keep Panarin makes it a real problem imo.

It's doable. Jones is quite a bit down the line. It's mainly the next offseason, the following season you have almost 12 million rolling off. Sure you would have to do some work but it would be quite possible. I already taken this offseasons RFA's into account.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Interesting stuff about Bread in his own words. And I can say his comments strike me as consistent with his behavior on the ice. "It is all about me".
You think his behavior on the ice screams "it's all about me"? Interesting point of view. The Isles were burning Tavares' jerseys because he didn't tell the truth. You hate on Panarin because he did. Good thing someone will take the selfish diva off your hands come July 1st.

Reactions: Irina and akmuo33

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Кайфовать is more like to get pleasure from life's little moments (it's a very informal word, slang even). It's not necessarily about drinks or drugs, but can mean them as well.

Reactions: akmuo33

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
No one used the word "hate" other than you.
Semantics are a wonderful thing. The guy came from extreme poverty, parents not in the picture, didn't get drafted, put himself in a position to be wanted in the NHL, and gave Chicago a hometown discount only to be unceremoniously traded. He was a consummate professional for CBJ. Yet now he is a selfish diva and only cares about himself because (a) he hit a massive slump and (b) he wants to enjoy life his way, whether it's living in a big city, or on the beach. He's earned it. And he's earned having control over his future.

cbjfan

Jul 4, 2002
Visit site
Semantics are a wonderful thing. The guy came from extreme poverty, parents not in the picture, didn't get drafted, put himself in a position to be wanted in the NHL, and gave Chicago a hometown discount only to be unceremoniously traded. He was a consummate professional for CBJ. Yet now he is a selfish diva and only cares about himself because (a) he hit a massive slump and (b) he wants to enjoy life his way, whether it's living in a big city, or on the beach. He's earned it. And he's earned having control over his future.
But, but, he doesn't want to play for us anymore and therefore he is a traitor. :sarcasm:

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
But, but, he doesn't want to play for us anymore and therefore he is a traitor. :sarcasm:
Reasonable. Although I do get it. Any fanbase would feel the same. It's like a slap in the face when a player says "thanks, but I want to go somewhere else even if you pay me more money." The thing is, these guys are human and need to do what's best for them. I am sure Panarin learned a hard lesson about loyalty in Chicago: the $6 mm / 2 yr deal would have not happened had Bowman suggested in any way that he could be traded.

Reactions: akmuo33

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Reasonable. Although I do get it. Any fanbase would feel the same. It's like a slap in the face when a player says "thanks, but I want to go somewhere else even if you pay me more money." The thing is, these guys are human and need to do what's best for them. I am sure Panarin learned a hard lesson about loyalty in Chicago: the $6 mm / 2 yr deal would have not happened had Bowman suggested in any way that he could be traded.

We can just be honest here and realize that unless it is in the contract it can happen. Perhaps his agent didn't explain that well enough since he wasn't eligible for a NTC. It is ALWAYS an option unless a NTC or NMC is in the contract. It is just the way sports are.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
How would people feel if both Panarin and Bob left but we re-signed both Duchene and Dzingel and then we're somehow able to sign a player like Skinner?

Skinner-Duchene-Atkinson
Dzingel-Dubois-Anderson
Wennberg-Jenner-Bjorkstrand
Dubinsky-Nash-Foligno

Obviously lines will get blended up and it's possible someone like Dubinsky isn't on the roster next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad