The Out of Town Thread XCII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The reason Babcock would coach in Toronto is actually quite simple. He wants to set the bar for coaching wages going forward. He has stated that he's looking to do 2 things and feels it's his obligation being in the position that he's in.

1. Raise the wage closer to other sports in North America like Football, and College sports.
2. Make salaries public so that they can be consistent across the board for coaches.

The best chance for Babcock to get these terms are with Toronto and Edmonton I would say. Maybe Detroit does it, but I think the 2nd part might be difficult for them whereas I'm sure they'd give up 5 million per year if it wasn't disclosed.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Just when you think the guy couldn't be any more of a ass hat he pulls that type of business to remind you that there's more where that came from. I swear, he's like herpes or something :laugh:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just when you think the guy couldn't be any more of a ass hat he pulls that type of business to remind you that there's more where that came from. I swear, he's like herpes or something :laugh:

I'm not familiar with him or many of the French media covering the Habs but is this the kind of stuff he spews regularly?

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Eller 55%. What have you got against Larry Gaston? You hurt that Eller is the 3rd line center over your darling little DD or what?

This probably deserves it's own thread since it should make for some interesting discussion.

Seriously, this guy is a ****ing moron. Every time I hear him talk, I want to punch my tv. Even talking about him makes me angry.

Eller at 55%... I don't think Gaston knows what is the role of Eller. Or he is just stupid. Actually, I think he is just mad that Eller is a center and his baby DD is not.

How many 3rd line winger in the league has 8 ES goals?
How is it a bad season for Eller when he leads the league in game winning goals and he doesn't even play on the PP.
Eller was -9 playing with Bourque in the first 13 games of the season.. He is now +1... +7 in his last 6 games.

The difference between Eller and DD's production is the PP points. They are basically tied on Even Strength points. Also, DD plays over half of the season with Pacioretty, while Eller had to play 13 games with Bourque and basically most of the season with Prust. Yet the have similar production at even strength.

But yeah.. DD who is on pace for a 40 pts season while being on the top 6 and every PP deserved a 80% and Eller who played with a deadweight for 25% of his season so far, on pace for 15 even strength goals and plays an excellent 2 ways games is not doing a job and only deserved 55%.

Gaston Therrien you ****ing moron.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Ovechkin made Phaneuf look like a puss. That needs to be a gif.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Ovechkin made Phaneuf look like a puss. That needs to be a gif.

Glad I wasn't the only one to spot that.

The pylon is an embarrassment to the game of hockey. Never has a guy acted so tough been such a joke.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I'm not familiar with him or many of the French media covering the Habs but is this the kind of stuff he spews regularly?

very regularly. like he eats lots of vegetables or downs a bottle of Metamucil every morning

guys is a hack that keeps pushing his agenda. not sure what that agenda is though.... the french master race agenda? separatist? probably neither, so just ****ing Pejorative Slured.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Good job Leafs. It's clearly getting better. :laugh:

Please don't lose too much. No high picks for you this year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
so basically, it wasn't carlyle that would tell the players to completely ignore one half of the ice?

shocking

They should continue to fire people till they found out who that guy is....;)

Let's wait though. 1 game doesn't tell the whole story. They are an inconsistent team so they may be about to get a winning streak going. Thing is, they'll think it's because of the coaching change and then...will go back at sucking again.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Good job Leafs. It's clearly getting better. :laugh:

Please don't lose too much. No high picks for you this year.

Pretty obvious they're going to tank now IMO. They have 6 top 10 picks in last 7 years. They drafted 4, traded 2 for Kessel.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Poor, delusional bastahds think 2nd place Nashville is going to give up their best young player and best prospect for Phil 'maybe it is my fault' Kessel.

The ones teams are gonna come calling about are the ones you don't want to give up: for the most part, the grinders you signed this past offseason. Certainly not overpaid, overplayed Phanoops. Not unless you give them a 1st to take him off your hands.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Boston playing an atypically good game tonight against the Pens.

Hard to pick a team. But I find it impossible to root for the geriatric bears.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Poor, delusional bastahds think 2nd place Nashville is going to give up their best young player and best prospect for Phil 'maybe it is my fault' Kessel.

The ones teams are gonna come calling about are the ones you don't want to give up: for the most part, the grinders you signed this past offseason. Certainly not overpaid, overplayed Phanoops. Not unless you give them a 1st to take him off your hands.

Forsberg trade in reverse ?

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
bergeron with a highstick goal.. but if they counted the Pominville goal vs Habs earlier.. this was the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad