The Out of Town Thread XCII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Nail Yakupov..........what a bust.

Last 25GP : 1g 1a 2pts -16 10PIM(5x2min) ice time around 14min.

On pace for 82gp 8g 10a 18pts -40

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8476855&season=20142015&view=log

The goal :

[NHL]2014020405-419-h[/NHL]

The assist :

[NHL]2014020555-41-ingame-h[/NHL]

Nail was set up to fail. Too young to play in the NHL surrounded by zero role models and leaders. He needs a change of scenery. Markus Naslhnd scored 4 goals in his first year. Turned it around in Vancouver though.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
He's the next one to go.

Couldn't agree more. I find a lot of times when players, coaches or GM's snap it's because they've been told their job is on the line unless they right the ship. Dead man walking, just waiting for the pink slip.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Give the man some slack, he at least admitted that Galchenyuk is now the #1C on his evaluation...

Pretty sure if Lars Eller name was Louis Allaire from Quebec he would be considered a great player "de chez nous" and David Desharnais was Jonas Desharnund from Denmark he would be ripped apart by Gaston Therrien!

Apr 28, 2010
Really glad that the coaching staff turned Patches into a two way player or else he could be just the Habs' version of Phil Kessel (I think).

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Really glad that the coaching staff turned Patches into a two way player or else he could be just the Habs' version of Phil Kessel (I think).
Max is a better overall player than Kessel but has some similar tendencies...he can also cheat out by the blueline alot of nights, but usually wont take off until we have the puck....
Max's goal scoring isn't quite as good as Kessel, but his overall game and compete level is way ahead of Phil's game...not to mention Max's leadership is exactly what a team needs, Phil just wants to hide from the media, and according to reports, is last on the ice, and first off when it comes to practice...
The Leafs core right now, is big time under fire...Phil and Dion are going to have to lead the way on the so called culture change...

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Max is a better overall player than Kessel but has some similar tendencies...he can also cheat out by the blueline alot of nights, but usually wont take off until we have the puck....
Max's goal scoring isn't quite as good as Kessel, but his overall game and compete level is way ahead of Phil's game...not to mention Max's leadership is exactly what a team needs, Phil just wants to hide from the media, and according to reports, is last on the ice, and first off when it comes to practice...
The Leafs core right now, is big time under fire...Phil and Dion are going to have to lead the way on the so called culture change...

I can't remember who said it but I recall Kessel described as a player that "turns like a cruise ship" .

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I remember when I was dismissed prior to this season suggesting that NYR will be an elite team in the East even after departures on a few UFAs. They started out slow due to the injuries, but they're picking up steam right now.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I remember when I was dismissed prior to this season suggesting that NYR will be an elite team in the East even after departures on a few UFAs. They started out slow due to the injuries, but they're picking up steam right now.
They are well coached tough!
Vigneault is one of the best current coach in the NHL.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

He's made big strides this year. Though I don't think he was as one dimensional and streaky as Kessel before. He would at least hit and compete when not scoring.

Pretty sure if Lars Eller name was Louis Allaire from Quebec he would be considered a great player "de chez nous" and David Desharnais was Jonas Desharnund from Denmark he would be ripped apart by Gaston Therrien!

The opposite is true on here, Eller gets defended by posters because he is 6'2" and from "away" while Desharnais gets **** on even when he puts in the effort because of his size. Seems like size gets Desharnais **** on and Eller a lot of slack, the Quebecer or non Quebecer just adds a bit...

Nail was set up to fail. Too young to play in the NHL surrounded by zero role models and leaders. He needs a change of scenery. Markus Naslhnd scored 4 goals in his first year. Turned it around in Vancouver though.

I think Nail was ready for the NHL at 19, had nothing left to prove in the OHL...however, he was not coached properly and the team did not have the leaders around him. He's gotten into bad habits.

I don't think Nash will maintain his scoring pace, he's on pace for 55 goals. Brassard is also playing over his head. He's usually a streaky player so once he cools so will NYR. They don't have the depth from last year

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

It comes down to the player too. IIRC, Pacioretty is the one who asked the coaches to play shorthanded. He wanted to round out his game. Kessel, obviously, has no interest in doing anything of the sort.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I am often told that the Habs are the only team who chooses their coach based on their linguistic qualities. And yet, while we don't know for sure the list of ANY management, the names that are circulating in Toronto do not include Benoit Groulx nor Guy Boucher. Are they ALSO not using a whole pool to find the best candidate available? Or are the names liek Pete DeBoer, John Tortorella, Peter Horacek or even the joke that is Dallas Eakins THAT much more better than Groulx or Boucher?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I am often told that the Habs are the only team who chooses their coach based on their linguistic qualities. And yet, while we don't know for sure the list of ANY management, the names that are circulating in Toronto do not include Benoit Groulx nor Guy Boucher. Are they ALSO not using a whole pool to find the best candidate available? Or are the names liek Pete DeBoer, John Tortorella, Peter Horacek or even the joke that is Dallas Eakins THAT much more better than Groulx or Boucher?

Yeah I'm sure they would turn down Julien in a heartbeat. :sarcasm:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

To be honest Groulx just won Gold and it's all nice but I wouldn't consider him for the job in Toronto as well. As for Boucher, he has never been contacted by other teams since being fired in Tampa. That Philly game killed him!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

What's your point - that Toronto's hiring policy has a prejudice against bad coaches?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The Leafs mailed it in last night, under a interim coach...wow, will Shanny really blow it up, and do a real rebuild, where the Leafs actually keep their draft picks and do it like the other 29 teams??

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Yeah I'm sure they would turn down Julien in a heartbeat. :sarcasm:

Is it Toronto who gave him his first chance? For a franco coach to succeed, chances are he needs to go through Montreal first. And THEN, they might take a chance on him. Point being, out of a top 10, those 2 isn't there, and it makes no sense.

To be honest Groulx just won Gold and it's all nice but I wouldn't consider him for the job in Toronto as well. As for Boucher, he has never been contacted by other teams since being fired in Tampa. That Philly game killed him!

You would give Horacek more the chance to do so? DeBoer who failed 2 times in a row? Tortorella? Eakins? If that Philly game killed Boucher....that season Eakins had him did what to him?

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
What's your point - that Toronto's hiring policy has a prejudice against bad coaches?

Huh? Have you seen the supposed top 10 list? How are they not bad picks? You think Horacek is a great pick? Or Eakins? How is Groulx and Boucher bad picks? 'Cause it didn'T work out for Boucher with the great Roloson in net? You think that Boucher wouldn't succeed with the team Cooper has now? So he failed he's bad? How about every other else in the league who also failed but now succeed? Didn't Quenneville failed before? How is Groulx a bad coach?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

Yeah they do:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
You would give Horacek more the chance to do so? DeBoer who failed 2 times in a row? Tortorella? Eakins? If that Philly game killed Boucher....that season Eakins had him did what to him?

No I wouldn't personally but that's how they probably feel. And Eakins is in the talks probably just because of the Marlies job he had in the past.

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
No I wouldn't personally but that's how they probably feel. And Eakins is in the talks probably just because of the Marlies job he had in the past.

How can it NOT be Babcock... nothing short of MB can soothe those poor Leafs fans.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
The opposite is true on here, Eller gets defended by posters because he is 6'2" and from "away" while Desharnais gets **** on even when he puts in the effort because of his size. Seems like size gets Desharnais **** on and Eller a lot of slack, the Quebecer or non Quebecer just adds a bit...

Not sure this is true.. I've defended Eller a lot and I've been in every Eller or DD thread and I rarely, or even never see Eller getting praised just because of his size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad