The Out of Town Thread XCII

Status
Not open for further replies.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I can't stand Kessel and hate the Leafs but Wilson is a loser for throwing him under the bus. Kessel has been a consistent PPG guy for the Leafs the past 4 years.

The finger in TO should be pointed at management, this is a team that had a chance to go through a rebuild and could have Seguin and Hamilton in the lineup.

Now 5 years later they need to tear the team down again...bottom line is that lineup doesn't have enough talent to win. You put Kessel or Phaneuf on LA or Chicago and bet they do just fine. It's management that's asked them to lead and it's been fairly obvious for years that neither player is that guy.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
A great day gets even better as they just said on the radio, in passing, that there was a fight during the Bruins' practice. Marchand & Krug.

Gentlemen, Pyretta, Ms. Everdeen...

Our rivals are burning.

But we don't need no water.

Let the mother****ers burn.

Burn, mother****ers.

BURN!

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
Sometimes sports journalists can be total tools, but Kessel seems to be defensive little s** bag, real weasel. Second coach sacked with same player "core". Big house cleaning is on the way.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Sometimes sports journalists can be total tools, but Kessel seems to be defensive little s** bag, real weasel. Second coach sacked with same player "core". Big house cleaning is on the way.

We should kick the tires on JVR, even though that they would 1) trade him 2) trade him HERE is a little far-fetched.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
I can't stand Kessel and hate the Leafs but Wilson is a loser for throwing him under the bus. Kessel has been a consistent PPG guy for the Leafs the past 4 years.

The finger in TO should be pointed at management, this is a team that had a chance to go through a rebuild and could have Seguin and Hamilton in the lineup.

Now 5 years later they need to tear the team down again...bottom line is that lineup doesn't have enough talent to win. You put Kessel or Phaneuf on LA or Chicago and bet they do just fine. It's management that's asked them to lead and it's been fairly obvious for years that neither player is that guy.

you ever watch kessel play? He only cares about himself he never backchecks. He stands at the blueline waiting for someone to do all the dirty work and feed him the puck. The other night komarov took the puck into the zone himself instead of passing it to kessel. Kessel pouted and went to the bench. He left the man he was supposed to covering and what do u know they scored and someone else took the minus. Hes selfish, overpaid and the leafs will never win anything as long as hes considered part of the core. I agree with Wilson 100%. But yes managment is at fault too for trading youth for kessel etc. They put faith in the wrong guys too many hands in the cookie jar.

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Not sure why Bruins struggles this year is so surprising....i'm not shocked at all. Saw this heading into this year and even commented here in October

They're in a tough spot because I don't think they can improve they can make a significant move without creating another hole on their roster

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
He's really chubby looking.

I always wondered why he wanted to go to Toronto when he hates the press so much. A place like Nashville would've been better for him and they were interested at that time. He definitely lacks composure.

Don't know if he "wanted" to go to Toronto (trades... you know...), but as with most almost-stars headed there,

68*

A great day gets even better as they just said on the radio, in passing, that there was a fight during the Bruins' practice. Marchand & Krug.

Our rivals are burning.

Burn, mother****ers.

BURN!
What about ThaDevilGirl? :shakehead

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Our rivals are burning.

Burn, mother****ers.

BURN!
Five classless Subbans.

I know because PJ Stock told me so.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

Toronto could have had:
Seguin
Hamilton
Rask (and/or maybe Eller? if my memory is correct?)

Kessel and Phaneuf in L.A. or Chicago...no way!!
(Those teams are too good to add such overrated players).
Let Kessel and Phaneuf stay in Toronto for a long long time...they're good for Toronto and its fans.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.

Our rivals are burning.

Burn, mother****ers.

BURN!

:biglaugh: ahahahahaha... well done you! you just made my day lol

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Feel dirty defending Kessel there but I understand his reaction. That wasn't the most clever question to ask given the situation (perhaps that's what the journalist wanted, kudos to him if so).

All he had to say was something like "at some point when coaches keep getting fired it's not coaching, we need to step up and show some accountability," and it's over. Everyone can move on, now he's opened himself up to constant criticism on his attitude, leadership etc etc. Yeah, it was a dumb question, but he answered it worse than the question was.

Leafs collapse has officially gone from on the ice to on and off the ice. They need to change the core, and I'm not sure Nonis can do it. He might be too emotionally attached to the players to move them for the sake of it.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
All he had to say was something like "at some point when coaches keep getting fired it's not coaching, we need to step up and show some accountability," and it's over. Everyone can move on, now he's opened himself up to constant criticism on his attitude, leadership etc etc. Yeah, it was a dumb question, but he answered it worse than the question was.

Leafs collapse has officially gone from on the ice to on and off the ice. They need to change the core, and I'm not sure Nonis can do it. He might be too emotionally attached to the players to move them for the sake of it.
I'm not sure if the Leafs offer up any kind of media relations training for their players but if they don't they should start to consider it.

It was a bushleague question but Kessel made it worse. I can understand him being upset but this only feeds the fire.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'm not sure if the Leafs offer up any kind of media relations training for their players but if they don't they should start to consider it.

It was a bushleague question but Kessel made it worse. I can understand him being upset but this only feeds the fire.

The worst part is that it almost seemed like a dare what he was saying. He's so non-confrontational that he was smiling, laughing and running away while he said it. If it offended up, stand up for yourself properly and look the man in the eye while you insult him. Don't act like the cowardly lion and snicker you petulant child.

Seriously, if this is the guy you're expecting to be a leader, you've made some grave errors.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal

I would agree with you if the question didn't imply that Kessel was the reason Carlyle got canned. Pretty sure the other Leafs didn't have to answer a question implying such thing.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What's the over/under on the Leafs not saluting the fans on their next win?

Actually what's the over/under on the Leafs ever winning again?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Feel dirty defending Kessel there but I understand his reaction. That wasn't the most clever question to ask given the situation (perhaps that's what the journalist wanted, kudos to him if so).

Yeah he came right out and said it "you're the best player on the team and your coach just got fired". I'd be pissed off too.

Especially if I really had tried to get the coach fired. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad