The Out of Town Thread - LXX - Large Extra Extra? - All talks around the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
That goal vs Bernier ahhaha OMG!!!! can't wait to go read the Leafs board on that one! hahaha

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
someone gif the GWG against the Leafs

BernierGaffeHurricanesGoalTwoAngles.gif

KerryFraser

Apr 6, 2008
Seems Kronvall has been taken out on a stretch after a boarding hit by McLeod. Didn't see the hit though.

Mcleod goes for the big hit when Kronvall was really in a bad position along the board going for the puck in the corner. I think it's a bad decision by both two players in this case. It happened really quickly.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Mcleod goes for the big hit when Kronvall was really in a bad position along the board going for the puck in the corner. I think it's a bad decision by both two players in this case. It happened really quickly.

I just saw it....Somehow.....McLeod has a case. Kronvall did change his position right before the hit.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Just flipped back to the Det/Col game in time to see MacKinnon blasting down the ice between two defensemen. Even having watching him skate dozens of times over the past couple of years here in Halifax, I'm still amazed at how he's getting steps on just about every NHLer he has been up against in any kind of open ice so far.

KerryFraser

Apr 6, 2008
I just saw it....Somehow.....McLeod has a case. Kronvall did change his position right before the hit.

On this play you can see Mcleod turning to his left at the very end of it, not strait of him, not at his right. But it happen so fast, i don't think it was fully intended.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
In other news, Watsatheo wants everyone to know that Halak has backstopped the Blues to a 3-2 SO win against the Hawks. :sarcasm:

Except I never said he wouldn't and even suggested it as a possibility:

This is the first road game and first back to back. Halak can either come out a dominate solidifying himself as the true #1 or lose and give Elliott an opening. Based on scheduling, likely starts for Elliott in the coming weeks look like easy wins that can make his case to getting more starts.

Not sure why the need to be overly defensive over the pointing out this game might be an opportunity for Elliott to steal the job - which he's done before so nothing far fetched to suggest. :dunno:

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Except I never said he wouldn't and even suggested it as a possibility:

Not sure why the need to be overly defensive over the pointing out this game might be an opportunity for Elliott to steal the job - which he's done before so nothing far fetched to suggest. :dunno:

Naw, just sucks for your pool, that's all. :nod:

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
sharks game going to a shootout

sharks get their 1st loss

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Dont say it if you don't mean it.

Who said I didn't mean it? That 6th straight start vs the Hawks could very well given Elliott the opening to take back job. Long season, there will be other opportunities for Elliott to steal the job. Just not this and next week as Halak managed to hold his own tonight.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
terribly stupid hit, should receive a major suspension.

The only thing worse than that hit was the commentary, ya get a taste of your own medicine kronwall as you lay unconscious on the ice.

No kidding.

I don't think he's got a case based. He saw which way Kronwall was going and he lined him up. He's still got the choice to continue on his path and make the hit or turn in and make the hit, he absolutely turned in.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Kronwall hit was bad to see. Hopefully him, and Reimer, are alright. No one wants to see a concussion occur (even though it's been confirmed Kronwall has one).

I don't know if it's been said yet but Tampa Bay has quietly posted a 5-2 record as well so far this season.. Right now it's looking like the Atlantic Division is easily the best in hockey so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad