The Out of Town Thread - LXX - Large Extra Extra? - All talks around the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Wow... And the Altitude guys are easily some of my favorite broadcasters league wide.. I know he was excited about seeing a rival get thumped and didn't know how bad it was but man that's just disgusting... :shakehead

He for sure thought Mcleod was going to bite on the fake and miss the hit didn't realize how close he was. Regardless of how it was a bad play by Kronwall, Mcleod is a pos for finishing that hard. There's no way he could have laid a clean hit on his left side the way they were coming in there...

You know, the more I look at it, the more I could almost see it as a guy who was simply going up against the boards to block a rim around pass or cycle up the boards like you see a million times from guys trying to contain the puck in the corner on the forecheck. But he crouches into it at the end and decides he's finishing it as a check. Given he could see the numbers, and despite pretty obviously knowing he was going in against one of the bigger hitters out there, he became responsible for the outcome as soon as he committed to following through on the hit instead of simply sealing the boards.

Dec 2, 2010
I'm gonna go ahead and not blame McLeod. Last frame Kronwall stopped and angled his body. If he had been straight like he was skating, he wouldn't have even felt the hit.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
Mcleod is to blame, eventhough I kinda feel for him cause the guy did change direction at the last sec but it's like driving if you hit a car from behind it's your fault even if the guy slams on the breaks in front of you for no reason, you are suppose to be travelling at a safe distance. You don't need to drill someone every single play

dreamingofdrouin*

Is Talbot really an upgrade on any of our grinders at this point? Moen and White perhaps, but I wouldn't want to see Bournival sit for Talbot, and White doesn't play every game anyway.

i think he'd be an upgrade on moen and white. I just love me some bottom sixers with heart...more prusts please.

also...What do u guys think girardi will be asking for if he goes to UFA....5.5?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
You can't take back what was never yours to begin with. Halak is the declared number 1.

Well I agree. Blues are clearly not going to hand anything to Elliott on a platter and he'll have to steal the job like last year and the year before. It's a long season, there'll be more situations where Elliott can steal the 'declared number 1' for a 3rd time. It's not like the last 2 times happened so early in the season. I still think a loss last night would have sped up the process but Halak managed to come through.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see a team letting a goalie that's 37-18-5 in the last 2 seasons with a 1.84 GAA and 0.929 SV% go without seeing whether he might be the one. Highly unlikely Blues give Halak a long leach when they have someone with Elliott's numbers that also needs to be re-signed/evaluated. I doubt they keep both and I think it's unfair to dismiss the possibility of Elliott taking the #1 from Halak considering the last 2 seasons.

Last edited:

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Well I agree. Blues are clearly not going to hand anything to Elliott on a platter and he'll have to steal the job like last year and the year before. It's a long season, there'll be more situations where Elliott can steal the 'declared number 1' for a 3rd time. It's not like the last 2 times happened so early in the season. I still think a loss last night would have sped up the process but Halak managed to come through.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see a team letting a goalie that's 37-18-5 in the last 2 seasons with a 1.84 GAA and 0.929 SV% go without seeing whether he might be the one. Highly unlikely Blues give Halak a long leach when they have someone with Elliott's numbers that also needs to be re-signed/evaluated. I doubt they keep both and I think it's unfair to dismiss the possibility of Elliott taking the #1 from Halak considering the last 2 seasons.

If by "steal the job" you mean "Halak got hurt" we can agree on some of this. I think Elliott is gone at year's end or sooner unless Halak is looking for the moon on a new deal. Halak+Allen tandem next year and that's a good combination for a team with Stanley Cup aspirations.

Halak needs to show durability this year that's all, nobody questions his skills or big game performance. They love him in St. Louis.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
Simmonds and Talbot are two guys I'd love seeing on this team
Talbot is a good playoff performer

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
what the hell is this?

BWznI_0CQAAQ6JM.jpg

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Only player on the Flyers I'd be interested in is Wayne Simmonds.. other than the obvious Voracek and Giroux.

Simmonds would probably be as difficult to get as Voracek (though not as much as Giroux). They may suck now but he's too young for them to move without expecting a fortune in return.

Now Vinny might be available... :laugh:

Oct 22, 2012
This is sort of out of townish, took in my first Charlottetown Islanders game last night as they took on Anthony Mantha of Val'Dor.

For a kid with 28 points in 9 GP I was expecting a show, but the kid floated the whole night, and would not hit or go into the corners. Small sample size yes, but I've read that he was never physical and I am happy that we did not draft him.

Was a close game until the third, but then the Islanders opened it up and won 7-1. I'm hoping to see Fucale next week when Halifax rolls into town!

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
Surprised that no one really talks about this: Tampa has a 5-2 record as well.

The Atlantic division is scary: Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, Tampa, Boston and Ottawa (the latter of which has been picking up steam) are in the top 8 so far (6 of 8!)... I hate the new conference/division/playoff seeding format. The East is getting screwed over.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

The Atlantic division is scary: Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, Tampa, Boston and Ottawa (the latter of which has been picking up steam) are in the top 8 so far (6 of 8!)... I hate the new conference/division/playoff seeding format. The East is getting screwed over.

Well.... Florida should be in the AHL if that's any compensation?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
lapierre gets 5 games as per nhl.com

Not bad.

More than I expected tbh.

Bullcrap. I know that Boyle looked really hurt but the hit was (literally) a hockey play. On the forecheck you rub out the d-man who just had the puck. Boyle tripped, whatever happened - meh.

It wasn't malicious and it wasn't reckless - they're literally only punishing the result. San Jose fans can go sit on a flagpole. This reeks.

And I'd say this about any player, not just Lapierre - I'm tried of grinders and fighters getting demonized in the media for doing what their coaches and teams and GMs expect of them. They wouldn't be in the league if they didn't do things like finish their checks and play to the whistle.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Bullcrap. I know that Boyle looked really hurt but the hit was (litereally) a hockey play. On the forecheck you rub out the d-man who just had the puck. Boyle tripped, whatever happened - meh.

It wasn't malicious and it wasn't reckless - they're literally only punishing the result. San Jose fans can go sit on a flagpole. This reeks.

And I'd say this about any player, not just Lapierre - I'm tried of grinders and fighters getting demonized in the media for doing what their coaches and teams and GMs expect of them. They wouldn't be in the league if they didn't do things like finish their checks and play to the whistle.

Yep, Chara getting nothing while Lapierre got 5 is a joke.

In the play was Lapierre finishing his check, like we see dozens each game but unfortunately this time, Boyle stumble at the last moment, he pushed Boyle's head to the worst part of the board.

If Boyle didn't stumble in the last moment, he would have protected himself properly and it would have been a non-story. The hit wasn't dangerous, malicious or violent (unlike Chara's) but just because of the stumble, it got a lot worst than it should.

For me, Eller hit from behind on Hall was much more violent and dangerous but since Hall got up, it was a non-story.

Apr 28, 2010

Why exactly? Because east has 16 teams and west 14? Do fans really have a problem with this? Because as a fan, I really don't have any problem with it.

If I was a pro hockey player, I wouldn't really care too. Just get the points, guaranteed you'll see some playoff time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad