The Out of Town Thread - LXX - Large Extra Extra? - All talks around the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
terribly stupid hit, should receive a major suspension.
It wasnt a terrible hit, it's a terrible result tho.

Players needs to be concious of their safety.. I dont understand why Kronwall turned like that when he's beeing followed by Mcloed whos coming at 100mph...

Its just really unfortunate to see Kronwall laying on the ice like that but I dont think it will result in a suspension.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
BernierGaffeHurricanesGoalTwoAngles.gif

And he wanna be on Team Canada???? Puhleeese.

dreamingofdrouin*

When philly blows up....i want hartnell and talbot...what do u think would get that done?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

The only thing worse than that hit was the commentary, ya get a taste of your own medicine kronwall as you lay unconscious on the ice.

Yeah that's something you'd expect more from Bruins broadcasters.

Kronwall plays on the edge, but nobody deserves to get driven face first into the boards.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
When philly blows up....i want hartnell and talbot...what do u think would get that done?

I would love the Hartnell of 11-12...but the last 2 years(so far) he hasn't been impressive:

2013 32 GP 8-3-11 -5 70 PIMs
13-14 5 GP 0-0-0 -2 2 PIMs

Maybe the wear and tear of playing his rambunctious style has gotten to him, 5+ more years at 4.75 mil/year is a huge risk to take for a guy that's 31 and possibly already declined.

Talbot I wouldn't hate the move as long as he wasn't too expensive.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Who said I didn't mean it? That 6th straight start vs the Hawks could very well given Elliott the opening to take back job. Long season, there will be other opportunities for Elliott to steal the job. Just not this and next week as Halak managed to hold his own tonight.

You can't take back what was never yours to begin with. Halak is the declared number 1.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I just saw it....Somehow.....McLeod has a case. Kronvall did change his position right before the hit.

After seeing the replay, Kronwall was initially moving to the right while McLeod was pursuing from the left. At the last moment Kronwall cuts to the left and McLeod then shifts and runs into him on the left.

If McLeod didn't intend on hitting him, why would he run the boards to the left while Kronwall was intially moving to the right? It seems as though McLeod saw the cut back towards him and saw his oppotunity to plaster a player who is known for his big hits and wanted to hit him back as hard as he could. Not saying it was done intentionally to hit the head but he certainly tried to lay him out once he cut back to the left.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC

scary, the guy could have died on the spot.

Stupid hit. Blame Krnowall? No way. Cant blame a guy for not have eyes in the back of his head.

I think 10 games is no longer enough for acts like this. Start giving out 30 to 40 game suspensions and $100,000 to $200,000 fines. That will make players reconsider their actions. If I can get away with knocking out the better players on the other team for 5 game, why not? That is the mentality of these players on the ice.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
What do players don't understand in "you don't hit a player from behind"? Are they ****ing stupid or what?

He's coming at full speed for god's sake. He never slowed down. That was all McLeod's fault. Brutal and dirty.

PS: The announcers are pure garbage btw.

Analyzer*

Did you just compare the greatest goalie in modern history with Martin Brodeur??

I did wrong, I know.

Bernier can only be compared to Bernier, otherwise the statement is flawed. Even with that and the Edmonton game, he's still done better than I thought he would.

McLeod has an in person hearing. 5+ games.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
OMG you really are hardcore troll bait, you must get intertwined in endless arguments on the internet.

No point in arguing, people are entitled to their opinions. I actually thought he meant to say Bernier, hence my comments.

Didn't realize he was baiting as I don't really know the various personalities on this forum and who is prone to that type of thing.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
And he wanna be on Team Canada???? Puhleeese.

That play was as bad as your spelling and grammar, but it does show a failure problem with hybrid icing as versus international icing.

I can certainly see Bernier being pissed about it. He sees the linesman on his side with his arm up ready to call icing, straightens up and slows up expecting the play to be dead. Bernier though doesn't see the linesman behind him call it off and expects the icing call from the one he sees with his arm still up.

As well, Bernier could have played the puck into the corner when it was coming down and probably would have if it was old style icing. However, if he does touch the puck before it crosses the red line, the icing is ruled off, the puck stays in his end and would not be a good play if new hybrid icing was to be called. Why would he do that when the linesman is ready to call icing? He was fooled by the linesmen.

Hybrid icing will continue to have controversial mixed messes like that and it should have been implemented like European icing where once it is ready to be called it is called ... period. This "approximate location near the red dot" is just nonsense and will always be a controversial play. Over-reffing with difficult rules like that just messes up the game and should be corrected.

PS: Bernier is a very good goalie and made a muff on a badly reffed play, but that certainly doesn't equate him to be a bad goalie. Jonathan Quick made just as big a muff a few weeks ago and no one would even consider calling him a bad goalie. All goalies make muffs, including Price, and one incident doesn't make a correct judgement.

Last edited:

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

Is Talbot really an upgrade on any of our grinders at this point? Moen and White perhaps, but I wouldn't want to see Bournival sit for Talbot, and White doesn't play every game anyway.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Is Talbot really an upgrade on any of our grinders at this point? Moen and White perhaps, but I wouldn't want to see Bournival sit for Talbot, and White doesn't play every game anyway.

Only player on the Flyers I'd be interested in is Wayne Simmonds.. other than the obvious Voracek and Giroux.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Players have little respect for each other. D-men are so vulnerable chasing the puck behind the goal line, players coming in for the check barely slow down nowadays.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004

The only thing worse than that hit was the commentary, ya get a taste of your own medicine kronwall as you lay unconscious on the ice.

Wow... And the Altitude guys are easily some of my favorite broadcasters league wide.. I know he was excited about seeing a rival get thumped and didn't know how bad it was but man that's just disgusting... :shakehead

It wasnt a terrible hit, it's a terrible result tho.

Players needs to be concious of their safety.. I dont understand why Kronwall turned like that when he's beeing followed by Mcloed whos coming at 100mph...

Its just really unfortunate to see Kronwall laying on the ice like that but I dont think it will result in a suspension.

He for sure thought Mcleod was going to bite on the fake and miss the hit didn't realize how close he was. Regardless of how it was a bad play by Kronwall, Mcleod is a pos for finishing that hard. There's no way he could have laid a clean hit on his left side the way they were coming in there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->