The Out of Town Thread - LXX - Large Extra Extra? - All talks around the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I remember that De Costa was a hot prospect way back then. How things change...

College FA's usually get more hype than they should because...A-you get a prospect basically for free(contract) and B-those prospects are usually fairly close to NHL ready. Most of them don't pan out, but no picks or players wasted to acquire them.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Jason Missiaen will be the backup tonight for the Rangers.

Whoa, that's nuts. Good for him... totally was ready to forget that name forever, haha. I just remember him being a giant [literally and figuratively] long term project that the team basically seemed to cut loose real quick. Made it further than I expected that's for sure, hah.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Headshot in the KHL....How many games in the NHL would that be...

Here,s another one from Panin not that long ago...He got 1 game on that one.

Last edited:

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
BWuhIHlCcAA3sYS.jpg:large

I could have gone the naughty route, but I figured that the Walrus was looking for something to build team unity in Ottawa:

2ajxe07.jpg

'I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!'

(straight from Carbo's notebook, #2 after bowling in 'choses à faire avec les joueurs pour créer un sentiment d'appartenance au CH')

Last edited:

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Headshot in the KHL....How many games in the NHL would that be...

Here,s another one from Panin not that long ago...He got 1 game on that one.

Jeeeez, these are both bad. First one would/should be +10 games, second would probably be ~3 IMO. What a skid.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Checked in to watch a bit of the Penguins Flyers tilt. Man are the Flyers horrible. Beyond comprehension how bad they look.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Checked in to watch a bit of the Penguins Flyers tilt. Man are the Flyers horrible. Beyond comprehension how bad they look.

Flyers an excellent example of what trading proven players for prospects can do to a team. Also losing Pronger doesn't help.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax

True dat. Everyone doing their own thing with the puck when they get it, with seemingly no concept of how to move as a group to get scoring chances against teams that are actually trying, lol. Problems really start getting the puck from possession/retrieval in the defensive zone to possession/retrieval in the offensive zone. No cohesion between layers, and it's soooo obviously bush league once you've noticed.

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
Leafs doing it again.

Two goals in two shots to begin the second. Don't need no more shots after that. Other side can't score either.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Seems Kronvall has been taken out on a stretch after a boarding hit by McLeod. Didn't see the hit though.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Bufffalo fans are NOT happy

and wow to those KHL clips

Last edited:

Analyzer*

Bufffalo fans are NOT happy

and wow to those KHL clips

Why ? Because they lost ? Because Higgins scored on them ? Or because they suck ?

I see with 15 seconds left Kadri took a boarding penalty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad