OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Is anyone watching this USWNT game? Insanity in the 2nd half. USA saves a penalty kick with 7 minutes left.

I watched and do have a soccer question. Looks like there was a foul there so understand the penalty kick. But also looked to me while the play was in motion that England was offsides. They never really looked at that on the broadcast and I was not in a place where I could rewind for myself.

But even with that said, would it have mattered? Not clear on if offsides only matters if a goal occurs or not.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Is anyone watching this USWNT game? Insanity in the 2nd half. USA saves a penalty kick with 7 minutes left.
That was a MAJOR save. (See, another hot take!)
Jailbait Jr. was with me at work and of course I had the game on instead of my accounting program so we could watch it. I got my work done.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The NBA sure treats future 1st round picks with much less regard than those in the NHL. I assume it has to do with needing only two to three really good players to win in the NBA, and identifying talent doesn’t seem to be as difficult there but find it interesting nonetheless

For those who don’t know what generated this post:

Reports: Paul George traded to Clippers | NBA.com

5 first round picks...

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
The NBA sure treats future 1st round picks with much less regard than those in the NHL. I assume it has to do with needing only two to three really good players to win in the NBA, and identifying talent doesn’t seem to be as difficult there but find it interesting nonetheless

5 first round picks...

Smaller rosters, no minor league teams, etc. Not to mention those 1st rounders should be late 1sts.
You can still get good players at that point but most years after the top 5-10 picks it's an absolute crapshoot.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

5 first round picks...
Look what LA Lakers traded for Davis
3 first rounders (one was 4th overall) plus Lonzo Ball (2nd overall 2 years ago), Brandon Ingram (2nd overall 3 years ago) and Josh Hart (30th overall in 2017)

The strange part is the Commissioner has to approve a trade so the Lakers had to draft De’Andre Hunter who had to wear a Lakers hat at the draft. New Orleans then traded him to Atlanta for 3 more 1st round picks (#8 and #17 and another next year or 2021) those players also hat to wear a Hawks hat.

In reality one Player got 8 1st round picks (2 of them top 2 picks)

Last edited:
Reactions: LCPreds

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

Everyone knows how I feel about Mariota the QB but he is a great person and these are well done by a Team that rarely gets media and public relations right.
I would rather have a A-Hole at QB that wins 12 to 14 games a season and a Super Bowl here and there instead of a nice guy and 9-7 every year. No one in Pittsburgh cares that Big Ben is a Jackass because he wins.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
it's hell to watch the braves bullpen. its pure agony. they brought in multiple guys at the deadline and they all magically suck. their bullpen has to be one of the most pathetic things in sports w/ teams that actually contend.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Everyone knows how I feel about Mariota the QB but he is a great person and these are well done by a Team that rarely gets media and public relations right.
I would rather have a A-Hole at QB that wins 12 to 14 games a season and a Super Bowl here and there instead of a nice guy and 9-7 every year. No one in Pittsburgh cares that Big Ben is a Jackass because he wins.

I think what we all really need to come to terms with is that it's the Titans. There's a good chance that even if we had Luck, Watson, Rodgers, Brady, yada yada yada it wouldn't make a difference. It's like being a Cleveland fan. Anyone who follows fantasy football knows that the Browns are pumped up to be an amazing offense this year. I'll believe it when I see it. It's Cleveland. Same with the Lions.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I think what we all really need to come to terms with is that it's the Titans. There's a good chance that even if we had Luck, Watson, Rodgers, Brady, yada yada yada it wouldn't make a difference. It's like being a Cleveland fan. Anyone who follows fantasy football knows that the Browns are pumped up to be an amazing offense this year. I'll believe it when I see it. It's Cleveland. Same with the Lions.
It seems as if both the Titans and Predators are stuck in the Defense first mindset and will never have a top tier offense player. Neither team has ever had 40 goal scorer/TD passer. It’s strange how the uniforms just suck the skill out of guys.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
40 TDs in a season is extremely rare. It's only been done 8 times in the past 10 years.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
And to expand...only 13 times in the history of the NFL.
Here's your back-jup
Sorry can't fix the damn table.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
alcohol will be sold at neyland starting September 7th.

i think all schools should but man... UT fans are already insane and fight each other.

Reactions: PredsV82

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
alcohol will be sold at neyland starting September 7th.

i think all schools should but man... UT fans are already insane and fight each other.

UT fans NEEEEEEEED this.
We always brought it in anyway (that's why we were insane and fighting each other) so might as well let the University profit from it.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Pretty sure UK just went the other way, which means everyone will either get blitzed before the game in the parking lots or smuggle it in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad