OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Now they draw Ohio St.? Teams like Central Connecticut St are 4 seeds not top BCS programs with athletes and money.

This is Ohio State's third appearance in the NCAA in the last 12 seasons. They're not a baseball power or anything close to it. They're only 35-25 on the season and the only reason they're in the tournament to begin with is because they won the Big Ten Tournament. And the 2 and 3 seeds are Indiana State and McNeese State if you are looking for non-BCS programs.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Now they draw Ohio St.? Teams like Central Connecticut St are 4 seeds not top BCS programs with athletes and money.

Ohio State got hot in the B1G tourney and won the whole thing, that's how they got in. They would not have made the tourney had they not won the B1G tourney.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
So, still mad that Ohio State was in Vandy’s regional or...? :laugh:

Google says that it is 379 miles from Nashville to Columbus.

Nashville to Charlotte is 409 miles, so I can see how OSU and Vandy might be in the same region.

I know that in the old days, Michigan State might play a team like SIU. That has to be a similar distance.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
They were pretty good and certainly were not the average 4 seed. It’s just Vanderbilt is rolling right now.

They went 1-2 with their only win being in 13 innings against McNeese State and they got outscored by 11 in their two losses. They weren't good at all.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I went to The Reds Astros game Monday and caught a BP home run ball for my daughter.
After a horrible start the Reds are actually looking very good and are closing in on .500 and respectability.

Reactions: PredsV82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad