The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
OK. The stage is set for the Titans to win one and go to the playoffs.

Or to look at it another way, the stage is set for the Titans to lose another game against Andrew Luck.

Last edited:

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
So it's been brought up that it's still technically possible for the Titans to get the #2 seed and a first round bye. Depending on week 17, they can finish anywhere from 2nd-8th (except 5th)

To get #2 we need:
Titans win
Patriots lose
Ravens lose
Texans lose

#3 seed (one home game)
Titans win
Texans lose
Ravens or Patriots lose

#4 seed (one home game)
Titans win
Texans lose

#6 seed
Titans win

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Yeah let's just sign some QB off the street in free agency. Surely he will he better than Mariota.../s
you would rather lock up big money long term to keep an injury prone decent QB? dallas is about to screw themselves with Dak and i guess we can go ahead and do the same.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
you would rather lock up big money long term to keep an injury prone decent QB? dallas is about to screw themselves with Dak and i guess we can go ahead and do the same.

My problem with losing Marcus is it likely means the Titans are screwed until they get another top pick. Which probably means another decade of sucking.

Reactions: Montross

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
How does NFL free agency work? If they dont offer Mariota a long term deal can he walk?

A decent QB can usually be had later in the draft if you scout well. Give Mariota a 3 year deal and draft a potential successor who carries the clipboard a couple of years.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Yeah I don't really buy into the whole "need a high pick to draft a QB" thing. It has the big name factor that comes with it but plenty of QBs like Brady, Wilson, Brees, Rodgers, etc weren't top 5 picks or anything.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
My problem with losing Marcus is it likely means the Titans are screwed until they get another top pick. Which probably means another decade of sucking.
Like I said before the Titans are in a lose-lose situation with Mariota. Either have to pay him huge dollars (that he’s not worth) or cut bait and try to find another QB again. This guy is inconsistent as they come and can’t stay healthy. Yet I fully expect TN to pay him to be the QB here for many more years. IMO that is a mistake, but I understand why they are going to do it.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
How you win in the NFL.

Superstar QB or a young QB who is good but not franchise caliber but isn't making a lot of money. Mariota is not a superstar QB and he's going to get paid, so move on and draft a replacement and hope he's better.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I figured they would end up just franchise tagging him for a year or two just to give themselves more time. Yeah you pay him top dollar, but you aren't stuck with a bad contract .

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Yeah I don't really buy into the whole "need a high pick to draft a QB" thing. It has the big name factor that comes with it but plenty of QBs like Brady, Wilson, Brees, Rodgers, etc weren't top 5 picks or anything.

Brady is a unicorn. There’s not a lot of great qbs in recent memory at your ‘etc.’ mark either.

And I’m still not wholly convinced that all of the mediocrity is squarely on Marcus. None of the guys listed above had 4 offenses in 4 years. Rodgers has a chance to sit and learn for 3-4 years and didn’t exactly come into a bare cupboard type situation. Brees sucked just as much as Marcus early on though did finally get it going in what would be equivalent to this season.

I do think Marcus has potential to be above average, not great, but it’s going to require his body to stop giving out on him. That dude is like your buddy who tells you he threw his back out sneezing.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
How you win in the NFL.

Superstar QB or a young QB who is good but not franchise caliber but isn't making a lot of money. Mariota is not a superstar QB and he's going to get paid, so move on and draft a replacement and hope he's better.
The Titans need an OL more than they need a new QB. A pass rush as well.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If the Preds had a 7:00 game Sunday night do you think we'd make an effort to move it up to 4 or 5:00 because of the Titans game? Regardless of the feelings about them, I'm curious. I know a lot goes into it like travel and scheduling but the league and hypothetical other team would have to sign off on it right? I'm guessing the league only allows that in situations like incoming blizzards.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
If the Preds had a 7:00 game Sunday night do you think we'd make an effort to move it up to 4 or 5:00 because of the Titans game? Regardless of the feelings about them, I'm curious. I know a lot goes into it like travel and scheduling but the league and hypothetical other team would have to sign off on it right? I'm guessing the league only allows that in situations like incoming blizzards.
I doubt it, but you can be sure they'd have the game on in the concourse. If it was flipped and the game was on at say, 4 and our game at 7 they have been known to open up the arena early and let people watch on the tron. It was early in the Preds existence, but there was at least 1 football game shown before our game. I think it was Vols but may have been Titans.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I doubt it, but you can be sure they'd have the game on in the concourse. If it was flipped and the game was on at say, 4 and our game at 7 they have been known to open up the arena early and let people watch on the tron. It was early in the Preds existence, but there was at least 1 football game shown before our game. I think it was Vols but may have been Titans.
I think I remember watching a Vols game on the jumbotron prior to warmups. It's been a while.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I think yes. I remember years ago there was the opposite situation. The titans played a home game (it may have even been a playoff game) at 3pm or 3:30 and the Preds were able to move their game back to 7:30 to allow people to go to both and avoid all the traffic headaches that come with an NFL game. Obviously that's not hours time difference, but they did move the start time.

I also remember the penguins moving game times from night to afternoon games for Steelers games.

I think as long as neither team played Saturday night, or the teams agreed to the change, you would probably be ok getting league approval to move the game up a few hours.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I don’t watch a lot of cfb but the two times I’ve looked over past 2 days I’ve seen blowouts. Auburn/Purdue and Florida/Michigan. I think the playoff starts shortly so hopefully it’s much better than that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad