The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
at least we get the #19 or 20th overall pick, smh.

mediocrity at its finest boys and girls!
What TN should do but won't. Cut bait on Mariota - rip the bandaid off or this franchise will suffer under the long-term contract they will sign him to. Then, with the draft being in Nashville, trade up and draft Mizzou QB Drew Lock. But Titans gonna Titan.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Not unexpected. Certainly a nice surprise to even make the run that made tonight a play in game. Go back in this thread and some folks were calling for a 5 win season, others saw 9 or even maybe 10.

I agree you almost certainly have to let Mariota go at this point. A shame, but a business decision.

And I'm sure just about every team can look back on the season and find a game that they should have won, but damn that Buffalo game really pisses me off now...(and the Chargers game)

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
What’s the deal with ‘let Mariota go’ anyway? Isn’t he still signed through next season? Or is the thought process to just not take the option? I don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to take the option though.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Can someone remind me again why Henry wasn't used that heavily the first half of the season?
So does my fantasy team I lost the championship game by 3 points and had a 62 point lead coming into the weekend. Every player I had took the weekend off!

Just when I started liking Mariota he quits on the team in the most critical game of the season.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
What’s the deal with ‘let Mariota go’ anyway? Isn’t he still signed through next season? Or is the thought process to just not take the option? I don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to take the option though.

I dont know enough about the league as a whole to know if there is a FA QB who would be available this summer. But if there is I would assume the Titans would have to get rid of MMs cap hit to be able to offer the money to someone.

Reactions: LCPreds

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
If he was fully healthy, I'd say it's an easy choice to bite the bullet and bring him back next season. But with the latest diagnosis it sounds like a giant risk to me, but I guess time will tell. If the team and doctors are on board with having him back again, then so am I. If it makes more medical sense for Marcus to stay out, then i'm on board with that too.

Reactions: LCPreds

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
So does my fantasy team I lost the championship game by 3 points and had a 62 point lead coming into the weekend. Every player I had took the weekend off!

Just when I started liking Mariota he quits on the team in the most critical game of the season.
Who in the world chose to make your fantasy championship in Week 17? That commissioner needs to lose their role.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
Can someone remind me again why Henry wasn't used that heavily the first half of the season?
Very simple. Our over hyped offensive coordinator needs to be dumped. Lousy coaches are those who try to adjust players their system rather than capitalizing on the strengths of the players they have. It's my understanding that he was told by our head coach to finally put Henry in.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Who in the world chose to make your fantasy championship in Week 17? That commissioner needs to lose their role.
It’s ESPN and the championship is a 2 week game. I only play on the app and am not that much into it. I checked right before the game and after week 16 I had about a 65 point lead and then in week 17 all of my starters but Derrick Henry and Mike Williams sat it out which produced like 20 points while my opponent had all of his guys play. All I needed was one TD or like 40 more yards from Henry an I would have won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad