The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
mariota is not the answer. dont pull what Dallas is about to do in locking up prescott long term and big money.
The Titans have to sign Mariota to another contract. He is a decidedly average QB in the NFL which has actually proved to be an unattainable level for some "franchise QBs" in the NFL lately.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The Titans have to sign Mariota to another contract. He is a decidedly average QB in the NFL which has actually proved to be an unattainable level for some "franchise QBs" in the NFL lately.

How much of this is due to the recent trend of just throwing QBs in as starters? I say 'recent' but I guess it has now been happening for over a decade. Looking around the league it seems like most of the really good QBs were back ups as one point in their careers. Rodgers. Brady. Brees. I actually find comparing QBs against Rodgers and Brees to be interesting. Rodgers didn't even play his first 3 years and Brees didn't really get going until his 4th year (actually took a step back in year 5).

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Mariota has much greater upside than the Ravens qbs though. The Titans may not win a super bowl but I doubt it’s going to be specifically because of Mariota.

What this org really needs right now is some level of stability. As noted above, Mariota (and the other o players who have been around) has had a new oc basically every season. This makes it really difficult for me to peg the upside of the team on the qb when no one has had a great opportunity to simply settle into a system.
speaking of ... what is the hype with Jackson as the ravens QB??? dude sucks. all he can do is run. can't pass, doesn't read progressions. great defense and a good run game is what's winning them games. i don't get why people shit on flacco so bad. he has a ring however you slice it.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
speaking of ... what is the hype with Jackson as the ravens QB??? dude sucks. all he can do is run. can't pass, doesn't read progressions. great defense and a good run game is what's winning them games. i don't get why people **** on flacco so bad. he has a ring however you slice it.
I don’t get it either Jackson is like Michael Vick running around.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
mariota out with a stinger? lets just all admit, it's time to move on. do not invest big money in him long term.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
For the second year in a row Murray State gives Auburn all they want but comes up short. Amazingly, Kentucky salvages my sports day for me.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The colts loss would be at the hands of the Titans, so just need the Ravens to lose. Better be the Chargers tonight because I dont see the Browns beating them next week
I'm hoping my boys can help you all out and give the Ravens their loss tonight.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
From what I see, there's no scenario where the Titans lose to the Colts and can still make the playoffs. It's always a good day when the Ravens lose though.

Even if the Titans beat the Colts, if the Ravens win out the Titans still miss. So unless you think Cleveland can beat Baltimore, it's not going to matter

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Maybe I am reading the standings wrong but even with the Ravens Win if the Steelers lose tomorrow or next week doesn’t that mean the 10-6 Titans would make the playoffs with a win vs Andrew Luck

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Maybe I am reading the standings wrong but even with the Ravens Win if the Steelers lose tomorrow or next week doesn’t that mean the 10-6 Titans would make the playoffs with a win vs Andrew Luck

Yeah I think I was forgetting Pittsburgh had slumped and the Ravens could win the division outright

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Chargers didn't do their job. Let's go Saints.

Of course it doesn't matter if the Titans can't solve the Luck problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad