The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Did anyone notice how many times the NFL broadcasters mentioned the Predators and hockey as being such a big part of Nashville last night? I counted 3. I asked Mr. A if it was a normal thing to mention other league teams in passing with NFL games--I can't remember the Stars ever being mentioned in a Dallas Cowboys game, for example. He was unaware of that being a thing.

How about that? The Preds have become synonymous with hot chicken, Jack's Bar B Q and lower Broad in Titans talk.

Reactions: adsfan and LCPreds

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
I have Henry on my fantasy team but he’s benched and I had a hunch on starting him tonight but every game I play him he gets me like 5 points. So tonight I was thinking “why not” and looked at replacing Zeke or McCaffrey with him and thought WTF are you doing and decided to keep Henry on the bench.
45 fantasy points later, I am PO’ed at myself for not playing my hunch.

59 points in my league. It's ok LeSean McCoy will get 5 points on Sunday to make up for it.
And it's not like I'm tied for the last playoff spot with the guy I'm playing this week.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Did anyone notice how many times the NFL broadcasters mentioned the Predators and hockey as being such a big part of Nashville last night? I counted 3. I asked Mr. A if it was a normal thing to mention other league teams in passing with NFL games--I can't remember the Stars ever being mentioned in a Dallas Cowboys game, for example. He was unaware of that being a thing.

How about that? The Preds have become synonymous with hot chicken, Jack's Bar B Q and lower Broad in Titans talk.
Joe Buck mentioned the preds often

Reactions: Adz

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Joe Buck mentioned the preds often

I liked Jack Buck as a sports announcer!

Sometimes I turn the sound off when Joe Buck and Troy Aikman work a Packers TV game and listen to the radio broadcast. That was before this season's debacle. My wife hates that pair and she isn't from Wisconsin, although, neither am I. They are just anti-Packers and have been that way for years. I understand Aikman's viewpoint as a former Cowboys star, but Buck should be neutral.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
He says the fan called him a coon and a servant
that seems the go to excuse nowadays. non-white athlete acts like an idiot.... but but he called me a racial slur.

agree with Drake. surely someone in the crowd of the hundreds around him would have called him out if not beat the hell out of him.

Reactions: triggrman

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I think it was a combination of things...

1. Henry wasn't running like this at the start of the season. So even if they fed him a bunch if touches, he wouldn't have been this productive.

2. Lafleur was slow to adapt, had to rewrite the offense after Walker went down as I'm certain that they spent the off-season preparing for the offense to go through Walker. This is one of the biggest criticisms I have if him for the year.

3. Mariota wasn't very productive in the early portion of the season. Likely some of that can be attributed to the first two points. But once Marcus and the recievers, especially Davis, became somewhat of a threat, that opened up the running game.

Hopefully this bodes well for next season whether or not they make the playoffs this year. If the staff is confident that they can get 100+ and a TD out of Henry every week, then the play calling may be more balanced and effective from the get go.

Reactions: Adz and triggrman

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
It took rumor of a trade to get Henry motivated. Time to put out a trade rumor for Fiala.

Hard not to fear the the Colts matchup. But somehow this team pulls together there best effort and gameplan when they team seam outmatched. Which means we'll probably lose to the Redskins.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
What was your bet again?
Titans have to win more than 8 games that matter and Mariota has to throw 10 more TD’s than INT. Both have to happen
Titans have 8 wins and Marcus Mariota has 11 TD to 8 INT so he has to have 7 TD passes in the next 2 games (possibile but unlikely).

That being said I believe in Mariota more now, and think he was not the issue. It appears to be the play calling and awful Wide Reciever core that hurts him.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
mariota is not the answer. dont pull what Dallas is about to do in locking up prescott long term and big money.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I’m still unsure on Mariota. He’s looking better though. He’s never had back to back seasons with the same coordinator
i like the guy. he's decent. i want him to succeed but he's never going to win a super bowl in tennessee unless the defense becomes all-world the way the raven's defense was when they won it all.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
i like the guy. he's decent. i want him to succeed but he's never going to win a super bowl in tennessee unless the defense becomes all-world the way the raven's defense was when they won it all.

Mariota has much greater upside than the Ravens qbs though. The Titans may not win a super bowl but I doubt it’s going to be specifically because of Mariota.

What this org really needs right now is some level of stability. As noted above, Mariota (and the other o players who have been around) has had a new oc basically every season. This makes it really difficult for me to peg the upside of the team on the qb when no one has had a great opportunity to simply settle into a system.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

Path to the playoffs. Based on the wild card path I’d say the Titans have a good shot... assuming they can win the last two (at home).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->