OT: The OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
My Uncle Sandy, Arizonian, Republican, stalwart Christian, anti-vaxxer, has been hospitalized with COVID. According to an email my sister received from my aunt today, I judge his chances of survival at around 2%. He's not doing well. I still love the guy.

This news is forcing me to reevaluate the things I say about people who don't follow medical guidelines and who die from COVID.

Don Cherry wrote in one of his books that Uncle Sandy was one of the "toughest sons of bitches" he ever played against. When I played hockey, I tried to be like him.

Sandy Hucul - Wikipedia
Damn yo.

So sorry you are going through that.

I hope for a passing that is fast and pain free.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

SurferBroChad

Dec 17, 2018
Victoria BC
You missed the best thing to happen to this franchise in 10 years.
WHAT HAPPENED? when i got banned i deleted all my sports apps/cut off any friend or family member who watch sports and shoved glass into my ears in hopes everything would be fresh when it was lifted

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Shapo beat Zverev in the Aussie Open. This should be bigger news but tennis remains a backwater in Canada mainstream news.

It doesn't get any easier, he's playing Nadal in the QF. Two lefties playing each other should be interesting.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Reactions: Max Power

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I wish we had a Tom Brady

down 27-3 in the 3rd quarter and its a tied game now

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Thanks for this. I've taken a more relaxed approach myself as I didn't think someone's vaccination status affected me very much. I was always kind of bothered by the level of hatred (or ruthlessness) some people had when it comes to the unvaccinated but I get it. I just hope that those who are like that are not hypocrites. If you say "trust in science" and you have kids 5 years or older you should get them vaccinated. There's no excuse.

Personally, I have a lot more time for those who are unvaccinated but doing everything they can to stay safe than those who are vaccinated but don't care about masks. The former I am just worried about them because I think they are risking their lives, the latter I think are just selfish and jerks.
thumbs-up.gif

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What a hilarious game. Rams win it with a last minute field goal.
Yeah. Happy for Stafford. I mean Kupp fumbled and Ackers did twice. And the bad snap. but they would have hung a lot of the blame on stafford.

Rams D played great and their O was wanting to give the game away.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Yeah. Happy for Stafford. I mean Kupp fumbled and Ackers did twice. And the bad snap. but they would have hung a lot of the blame on stafford.

Rams D played great and their O was wanting to give the game away.

Literally thought history was repeating itself when they tied it. But Rams had 1 TO and 47 seconds on the clock. Not sure what Bucks defense was doing not double covering on Cupp.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Literally thought history was repeating itself when they tied it. But Rams had 1 TO and 47 seconds on the clock. Not sure what Bucks defense was doing not double covering on Cupp.
Even sent the CB who was lined up against Kupp on a corner blitz instead. Left the S all alone on him. Looks good on Winfield as he got that taunting call in the SB holding up the 2 fingers on Hill at the end of the game.

Brady played poorly. Figured that they were in tough with Wirfs out and Miller across from him. Not having Godwin and Brown showed today. Was up to Miller and Johnson to step up. And with poor pass protection they couldn’t use Gronk in the pass game as much as they needed him to help block . Same with fournette.

Reactions: Bubbles

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Shapo beat Zverev in the Aussie Open. This should be bigger news but tennis remains a backwater in Canada mainstream news.

It doesn't get any easier, he's playing Nadal in the QF. Two lefties playing each other should be interesting.
Zverev has bottled the slams. Really should have least one by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia