OT: The OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
What is the point you think you're making? Don't listen to the scientists because in 100 years they might think something different? Instead we should listen to who, you?
I don't say I am right. SOme users said to follow the science. I just said follow your brain first before you follow the science.

Reactions: bbud

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I am not anti-vaxx, but the C19 vaxx is not your smallpox vaccine. First of all, C19 vaxx will not stop or slow C19 (look at NHL). That is why I said we need to learn to live with C19 now

Was never going to or designed to stop the virus was to lessen effects which it is doing yes its not going away like some flu bugs we will need some protection likely more for immune compromised folks and that isnt worst s..t life can hand out

Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
That is the problem. Do you know who is Dr. Robert Malone MD?

P.S. Not long ago, Dr. told you smoking was fine, drinking crude oil could cure illness, and there was a thing called aether

I have no idea who Dr. Robert Malone is.

But I do know who former Dr Andrew Wakefield is, a legitimate doctor who betrayed his profession starting a sham movement causing who knows how much damage, doing it all for the $$$. That's why I specifically said "overwhelming consensus". When the scale is wide enough you'll probably always be able to find one of those guys in any profession. In today's age it's far more likely someone bucking the trend is an Andrew Wakefield and not a Charles Darwin.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Im unfortunately shocked at some people who I respected who have made this anti vaccine or anti vaccine mandate issue their "thing". Ive seen what I thought were decent people quote or support messages by Joe Rogan, Jordan Peterson or Maxime Bernier. Disappointing, and Im no psychologist how well meaning people have been taken under the wing of these nuts. And i will not fall for the lousy argument that we should all just get along, the vaccinated and non vaccinated, because these non vaccinated people are driving up the numbers, spreading it to vulnerable people, and sticking their f***ing thumb at those in the third world who cant get the vaccine due to the vaccine apartheid of the western countries. Seriously is there such a thing as anti-vax sentiment in the third world?? So goddam selfish

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
Like I don't get it. Both teams won very competitive divisions and went on the road to beat some teams in the playoffs. Both are loaded with talent.

Want the "strongest" regular season team every year? Go watch college football if you want to see Alabama play the same game every year.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Im unfortunately shocked at some people who I respected who have made this anti vaccine or anti vaccine mandate issue their "thing". Ive seen what I thought were decent people quote or support messages by Joe Rogan, Jordan Peterson or Maxime Bernier. Disappointing, and Im no psychologist how well meaning people have been taken under the wing of these nuts. And i will not fall for the lousy argument that we should all just get along, the vaccinated and non vaccinated, because these non vaccinated people are driving up the numbers, spreading it to vulnerable people, and sticking their f***ing thumb at those in the third world who cant get the vaccine due to the vaccine apartheid of the western countries. Seriously is there such a thing as anti-vax sentiment in the third world?? So goddam selfish

Add sports figures like Kerry Fraser, Mike Fisher, Jamie Sale, Theo Fleury, Angela Price, etc...to that list.

Facebook and Twitter is a f***ing disaster right now. f*** social media.

It's really quite remarkable how the issue seems to be rooted in a certain demographic that cannot separate fact from fiction when it comes to news. There's millions of bs articles or people who appear to be experts spewing false information which continuously gets retweeted or reposted onto timelines. I actually miss the old days of Facebook where you could log on and see original posts and photographs and avoid politics or information aimed at inciting anger and rage.

RE: The COVID19 subforum here is just a f***ing mess. Feel really uncomfortable with the near extremist views being brought up there.

Last edited:

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009

South Africa

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Like I don't get it. Both teams won very competitive divisions and went on the road to beat some teams in the playoffs. Both are loaded with talent.

Want the "strongest" regular season team every year? Go watch college football if you want to see Alabama play the same game every year.

Cincinnati likely doesn't win the division (and arguably doesn't even make the playoffs) if:

A) They don't have a massive advantage in terms of health over Cleveland and Baltimore.
B) They don't have one of the highest penalty yard differentials in the league.

Drawing the Raiders and one of the worst 1 seeds we've seen in recent NFL history also definitely worked to their favour.

They're a very obvious regression candidate for next year and I'm going to be ready to put money on this once betting lines come out.

There's more of an argument to be made for the Rams belonging there, but even then they got a massive break with SF knocking out the Packers. GB was easily the best team in the league this year that essentially got eliminated because of a blocked punt and unfavourable weather conditions. I don't think the Rams would've pulled it off there.

Packers-Bills probably would've been the best possible matchup.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
The only people I know who claim to be "pro-vaccine" but anti-mandate are people who didn't get the vaccine until the mandates came in, which just proved that the mandate did its job.
If you mean the recreational mandates, I fully agree.

If you mean the employment mandates where no alternatives were given, then you are remarkably casual about the removal of informed consent for medical procedures.

Covid has become overly tribalistic so this probably a fruitless topic, particularly on a forum dedicated to tribalism. It's possible to be fully vaccinated, support recreational mandates, understand the health care overload issues, and still not support employment mandates where no alternative options are given.

Reactions: Aphid Attraction
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad