OT: The OT Thread Part 5: New HF Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Are we sure she isnt playing character and is a heel? If they are doing a show in Edmonton isnt it a great way to get heat by trashing Canada?

Reactions: Coffey

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Are we sure she isnt playing character and is a heel? If they are doing a show in Edmonton isnt it a great way to get heat by trashing Canada?

Yep.

It was a staged publicity event. A lark. Which has since been verified if it wasn't always obvious. Its kind of funny.

People get so caught up in WWE type drama they think the villains are villainous in real life and easily buy that script.

I didn't know who she was prior to the stunt so its obviously effective getting her moment of fame.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I heard about that on the Neilson show. Didn't know if it was real or not until someone texted in that the officer came to the passenger side window. Knew from that point it was staged. Good, though, that he dunked Yukon Jack's rant.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Two things, one I'm not shocked it was a joke. Seemed a bit off when I watched it, but I didn't really pay much attention to it either. Good on her as well she did a great job at promoting herself as a heel.

As a side note I'm actually shocked the RCMP allowed this to happen.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Two things, one I'm not shocked it was a joke. Seemed a bit off when I watched it, but I didn't really pay much attention to it either. Good on her as well she did a great job at promoting herself as a heel.

As a side note I'm actually shocked the RCMP allowed this to happen.

Money makes people do weird things.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Anyone get stuck in traffic due to the protest on the Walterdale this morning?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I would be pretty disappointed in my police service/mayor's office this morning if i was stuck in that mess.
I'd be disappointed in those select few people there who are taking a valid cause and using it as a reason to do something incredibly stupid.

I don't view that as a climate change protest. I view that as a dozen idiots blocking workday traffic. They should've been arrested.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I love Rob's takes lol

Man, Twitter is going nuts over this. Staples, in particular, is going off the rails. Saw someone else saying the protesters should be arrested for taking people hostage because the drivers can't turn around haha.

It sucks to be an officer in their position. I can almost guarantee you they would like to make some arrests and get them out of the way, but the city has told them not to. The last thing Edmonton wants is a video of their police service arresting non-violent protesters going viral.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Man, Twitter is going nuts over this. Staples, in particular, is going off the rails. Saw someone else saying the protesters should be arrested for taking people hostage because the drivers can't turn around haha.

It sucks to be an officer in their position. I can almost guarantee you they would like to make some arrests and get them out of the way, but the city has told them not to. The last thing Edmonton wants is a video of their police service arresting non-violent protesters going viral.

I agree wholeheartedly that it sucks for the police officers at the scene. The optics were going to be bad regardless of the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad