OT: The OT Thread Part 5: New HF Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Anybody else having problems viewing the site on mobile?
My screen keeps getting captured by some stupid coupon site as soon as I click on a thread.
Its nothing to do with my device as other sites are working fine.
f***ing 'advertising' will be the death of us all ...

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The adds "News links" here are interesting. Apparently I "might also like" to read about a drunk wedding photographer that took photos, had sex with guests in a closed room, and when police were called started pissing on a tree at which point she was arrested. The woman had been taking anti anxiety meds combined with alcohol and complaints in defense of her conduct alleged her drinks were spiked at the wedding. haha, she spiked herself it seems. The Wedding crashers has nothing on this story.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
The adds "News links" here are interesting. Apparently I "might also like" to read about a drunk wedding photographer that took photos, had sex with guests in a closed room, and when police were called started pissing on a tree at which point she was arrested. The woman had been taking anti anxiety meds combined with alcohol and complaints in defense of her conduct alleged her drinks were spiked at the wedding. haha, she spiked herself it seems. The Wedding crashers has nothing on this story.

Sounds like a nice gal.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Sounds like the Antonio Brown plot has really thickened.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Sounds like a nice gal.

I won't post everything here but she's a swimsuit model who was in the police car shouting, I'm a good girl, I'm a model, I'm a great student, I've been good all my life, in between telling them "y'all are dead" and that your kids will be dead by Christmas.. What a charmer.. Define good..

Seemed to be a credibility issue. Bail set at 11K. Undoubtedly with proviso not to consume alcohol or work at weddings.

This just an aside but the wedding industry is really such a disaster now. Everything from photogs to D J's that you'd really want to think twice about and references are basically useless. My advice would be just hire somebody you know.

Anyway its Texas, reminds me of this song as I read it;

Last edited:

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

I'm surprised you took the time to.click on one of those articles n read it.

How's the pop up situation since then?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm surprised you took the time to.click on one of those articles n read it.

How's the pop up situation since then?

My computer is too old to get a virus. I would have to be surfing a circa iron curtain Russian website to get one.

jk

Click bait is what it is. Designed to get you to take a look. I get occasionally tempted. Its just like advertising its object is to draw you in.

Lots of times though I'll just google the content directly if I'm curious about the topic. My problem is I'm curious by nature..;)

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Never really watched CTV news, they all felt too nerdy especially the weather man. Was an ITV man myself if anyone remembers that.

If anyone watched morning news Shaye Ganham also left the news anchor role a week or two ago after decades at the job. Edmonton lost 2 of its veteran news people, good for the NAIT graduates

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I don't think I'll be able to do any Oil Kings or junior updates for a while. I've been having liver problems for the past 4 months and been pretty weak over that time. What the doctors found is that I have moderate cirrhosis and liver cancer. The cancer is the part that's knocked me down. My legs are just able to keep me up and I can barely walk up a flight of stairs. As well, I tire pretty easily from any exertion. I've been told that it's treatable but, right now, the tumour is hiding behind the sternum and can't be seen by ultrasound. Not sure when and how they're going to do a biopsy (probably by incision). On top of that, water retention developed and I'm taking water pills for it but it does cause some dehydration (headaches and neck pain) due to reducing the sodium in my system.

Hopefully, I can get the cancer killed off, so that a transplant can be done later on.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I don't think I'll be able to do any Oil Kings or junior updates for a while. I've been having liver problems for the past 4 months and been pretty weak over that time. What the doctors found is that I have moderate cirrhosis and liver cancer. The cancer is the part that's knocked me down. My legs are just able to keep me up and I can barely walk up a flight of stairs. As well, I tire pretty easily from any exertion. I've been told that it's treatable but, right now, the tumour is hiding behind the sternum and can't be seen by ultrasound. Not sure when and how they're going to do a biopsy (probably by incision). On top of that, water retention developed and I'm taking water pills for it but it does cause some dehydration (headaches and neck pain) due to reducing the sodium in my system.

Hopefully, I can get the cancer killed off, so that a transplant can be done later on.
Oh dear lord!

Prayers and wishes out to you brother

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

I'm sorry to hear this. Stay strong and beat the motherf***er that is cancer.

Every cancer is different, but one of my close relatives was diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer a while back, and is now in remission going on 7+ years. So it can be beaten.

Reactions: oilers'72

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Thanks for all the work you did last season.

Wishing you the best.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

Oh geez. Well I hope nothing but good things for you. You have stuck it out for us in updating every thread with CHL news and other stuff. As I always say "You do you". When health is an issue, you come first before anything else.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Oh dear lord!

Prayers and wishes out to you brother

I'm sorry to hear this. Stay strong and beat the mother****er that is cancer.

Every cancer is different, but one of my close relatives was diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer a while back, and is now in remission going on 7+ years. So it can be beaten.

Thanks for all the work you did last season.

Wishing you the best.

Oh geez. Well I hope nothing but good things for you. You have stuck it out for us in updating every thread with CHL news and other stuff. As I always say "You do you". When health is an issue, you come first before anything else.

Thanks for your support, guys. Doing the updates is enjoyable, as it allows me to see how the prospects and Oil Kings are doing on a nightly basis, and share them with you.

@Cloned: May God continue to watch over your relative and allow her to live a healthy life free of cancer. @Paralyzer: Although I'm not feeling any pain (the liver has no nerves), it's the weakness that's keeping me away. I'm wondering how much the TACE or TARE procedures will add to it, as TACE involves chemo and TARE is radiation. Perhaps none more than my present weakness.

I'm sending off my application to AISH tomorrow so that I don't have to worry about funds for a while. Quite intensive, though. 9 pages of the form that I have to send off and 7 more that my family doctor has to fill out as well. If all goes well, it should take 4 weeks.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Thanks for your support, guys. Doing the updates is enjoyable, as it allows me to see how the prospects and Oil Kings are doing on a nightly basis, and share them with you.

@Cloned: May God continue to watch over your relative and allow her to live a healthy life free of cancer. @Paralyzer: Although I'm not feeling any pain (the liver has no nerves), it's the weakness that's keeping me away. I'm wondering how much the TACE or TARE procedures will add to it, as TACE involves chemo and TARE is radiation. Perhaps none more than my present weakness.

I'm sending off my application to AISH tomorrow so that I don't have to worry about funds for a while. Quite intensive, though. 9 pages of the form that I have to send off and 7 more that my family doctor has to fill out as well. If all goes well, it should take 4 weeks.

Wishing you all the best. :)

If you need to talk/vent/whatever, we're here.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Didn't see this right away. Hope you get better soon and our wishes go out to you.

You have been a selfless promoter here giving fans information on other games etc. just making pure contributions and nothing in return. You've done it with humor, grace, and I don't know you, we' e had very little exchange, but I respect your contributions, thank you, and the board thanks you.

Nothing else I can say but for you to know love goes out to you.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Best of luck in your battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad