OT: The OT Thread Part 5: New HF Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrM

Oct 13, 2013
I really want to get my hands on one of the new Alternate Jerseys they are launching this season. Can I just order one for nhlshop? Is it the same as what you would get at the Kingsway Mall?

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
I am upset and I'm not sure where else to vent.

It is deeply unsettling when you've performed a task for months to only realize you've been making the same mistake every damn time.

I'm talking about most (if not all) of the gameplay GIFs I've created this year which on average could be a third of a second too fast. I didn't realize my folly until someone somehow noticed it on Twitter. Then I got a flashback to last season when a poster here said I sped up one of my GIFs which I vehemently denied.

I usually record my videos at 30 FPS to keep my file size down but GIFs work with a delay time per frame instead which is rounded to the nearest hundredth (at least in Photoshop). In my case it was rounded down from 0.00333... to 0.003 seconds (edit: fixed #s). It's minuscule, I know, and stuff like this isn't common knowledge. But it still feels very bad man.

I'm willing to bet that lots and lots of video-to-GIF creations on the interwebs are inaccurate. That ain't no consolation for me though. I failed.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Was going to ask this question last week but figured I’d wait a week. Did anybody else get sent voter confirmation cards for this election? I haven’t gotten one for this election and I’m curious. I’ve been at the same address for 10 years. I’ve gotten one for every election at every level since I started voting in the 80’s but not this time. I also didn’t have any enumerators at my door leading up to the vote either. Not sure if I’ve been missed or if they’ve changed how they do things now. This has certainly been the strangest election I can remember.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Was going to ask this question last week but figured I’d wait a week. Did anybody else get sent voter confirmation cards for this election? I haven’t gotten one for this election and I’m curious. I’ve been at the same address for 10 years. I’ve gotten one for every election at every level since I started voting in the 80’s but not this time. I also didn’t have any enumerators at my door leading up to the vote either. Not sure if I’ve been missed or if they’ve changed how they do things now. This has certainly been the strangest election I can remember.
I received one a couple weeks ago. Now where it is today I have no idea. I feel my "friend" threw it away when she was cleaning.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Compete gong show on twitter and facebook right now

Some are suggesting alberta should have a brexit style of vote. They may want to look at what it has done to the UK economy

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I really want to get my hands on one of the new Alternate Jerseys they are launching this season. Can I just order one for nhlshop? Is it the same as what you would get at the Kingsway Mall?

Dont order it from the NHL shop (which is Fanatics). The orange they use to customize the jersies is wrong as is the font for the namebar and they sew the numbers on the sleeves too high. I ordered a Kassian pro and compared it to my McDavid pro from the Oilers and it’s not even close. Was very disappointed.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Compete gong show on twitter and facebook right now

Some are suggesting alberta should have a brexit style of vote. They may want to look at what it has done to the UK economy

No politics on my Twitter feed. Only Paul Almeida said a few things ( he’s a friend of mine ) and he is the only way I found out who won the election lol.

In fact it was D&D night and I totally forgot about it. It was a Firenewt war party ambushing the adventuring party at night. Very tense!

Last edited:

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I think most Calgarians and Edmontonians can agree this election is a disaster for us...

And what the Bloc just said is such an obvious jab trying to stir western alienation up. Just disgusting.

You guys might cheer for the wrong team, but sports aside, we're in this together, always.

The fact that the Bloc is allowed to continue to exist is a slap in the face of so-called national unity. Hypocritical.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
You guys might cheer for the wrong team, but sports aside, we're in this together, always.

The fact that the Bloc is allowed to continue to exist is a slap in the face of so-called national unity. Hypocritical.

Agreed 100%. Tomorrow we'll rightfully go back to shitting on each others teams, but tonight is truly a sad day for this province. The times ahead are going to be turbulent, but I'm truly happy us Calgarians and Edmontonians alike are in it together. Hopefully the rest of the country wakes up with us eventually...

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If you remember there was a time where the Bloc was the official opposition. That was truly embarrassing and an actual disgrace to the spirit of Confederation.

The Liberals being forced to compromise with the NDP is actually the worst case scenario lol. At least the Libs are somewhat centrist. Now we will see all sorts of shenanigans.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I’m planning on moving to Switzerland if Trudeau isn’t voted out in the next 4 years. High salaries, great healthcare, awesome hockey environment. It’s consistently ranked as one of the top 5 countries in the world to live in

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Gotta love how the NDP fell ass backwards into being the pivot point of power in this country. Like seriously, lose 20 seats but because you’re more ideologically aligned with the Libs they’ll be forced to work with you.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Gotta love how the NDP fell ass backwards into being the pivot point of power in this country. Like seriously, lose 20 seats but because you’re more ideologically aligned with the Libs they’ll be forced to work with you.

On the other hand they're the primary victims of a FPTP system. Plenty of Liberal votes are essentially just strategic NDP votes.

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad