OT: The OT Thread Part 5: New HF Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I'm a massive packer fan and considered going before seeing the prices.

For the amount it's going to cost, I'll just go catch them at Lambeau. What a joke

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
What colour should I get this cool inflatable sofa thing in?

BestWay_75053_Single_Sofa_3.jpg

I tried one out in the store and its sooooo comfy. Brand is called Bestway, and it truly is the Best Way to live. :laugh:

I’m thinking of getting some of these for my rumpus room how did you like them?

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Last edited:
Reactions: Drivesaitl

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
LOL, c'mon now, Ft. Saskatchewan ranked 89 and Vancouver ranked 112.
Would like to know how St. Albert came in at 23 with its top feature - Ameneties, and 2nd being affordability?

I didn't read the article but I'm going to guess Vancouver ranked low because of affordability.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Useless ranking unless it factors in access to outdoor amenities (which it does not). For some people having the ocean or mountains right nearby is the #1 factor in where to live. These rankings are created only to have people argue and point people towards their dying magazine.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Useless ranking unless it factors in access to outdoor amenities (which it does not). For some people having the ocean or mountains right nearby is the #1 factor in where to live. These rankings are created only to have people argue and point people towards their dying magazine.

That sums it up. Hopefully the death comes before government intervention and funding.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
What colour should I get this cool inflatable sofa thing in?

BestWay_75053_Single_Sofa_3.jpg

I tried one out in the store and its sooooo comfy. Brand is called Bestway, and it truly is the Best Way to live. :laugh:
Where do you buy these? I think I'd be interested in one.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

For some people, ANY criteria is the decision on where to live, so any list like this is going to have a subjectivity to it's weight.

Vancouver is clearly a nicer city with more going for it than the vast majority of what's ranked ahead of it, but if the criteria is including affordability as a big part of it's index, it's going to sink it.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
For some people, ANY criteria is the decision on where to live, so any list like this is going to have a subjectivity to it's weight.

Vancouver is clearly a nicer city with more going for it than the vast majority of what's ranked ahead of it, but if the criteria is including affordability as a big part of it's index, it's going to sink it.

You're right, there are a lot of options to rank things on. The ones they chose were good ones. Access to outdoor amenities seems like an obvious glaring error I thought.

On another note, I wouldn't live in Vancouver if housing were free. Nice place to visit though.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
You're right, there are a lot of options to rank things on. The ones they chose were good ones. Access to outdoor amenities seems like an obvious glaring error I thought.

On another note, I wouldn't live in Vancouver if housing were free. Nice place to visit though.

Rude

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Only if the question is..

“What city riots whenever their hockey team loses game seven in the cup final?”

With all due respect this is a dumb comment.

Every city has its idiots (Edmonton has its fair share as we saw the last SCF) and if a city has a population 3 times the population of Edmonton then it likely has 3 times the idiots.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky
Oct 15, 2008
With all due respect this is a dumb comment.

Every city has its idiots (Edmonton has its fair share as we saw the last SCF) and if a city has a population 3 times the population of Edmonton then it likely has 3 times the idiots.

It’s a joke. And it’s funny cause it’s true. Two separate events, separated by more than a decade, with the same result. You go ahead and find me another NHL city where this is the case. Montreal has had riots, but because the team lost in game seven of the final? That’s a special kind of stupid.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It’s a joke. And it’s funny cause it’s true. Two separate events, separated by more than a decade, with the same result. You go ahead and find me another NHL city where this is the case. Montreal has had riots, but because the team lost in game seven of the final? That’s a special kind of stupid.

If you want to convince yourself that a few hundred idiots are representative of an entire city then have at it.
Its still an intellectually bankrupt position to adopt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia