OT: The OT Thread Part 5: New HF Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Just listened to John Short on the radio. He’s about as old as Bryan Hall but sounds so much smarter and more professional. It’s deja vu as he just called into the show he used to host. John used to join my wife and me in bed nightly, albeit he was on the airwaves.

Is that what they call it these days? ;)

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Just listened to John Short on the radio. He’s about as old as Bryan Hall but sounds so much smarter and more professional. It’s deja vu as he just called into the show he used to host. John used to join my wife and me in bed nightly, albeit he was on the airwaves.

So was he 'spooning' you lots of info? ;)

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Yup, top right when you open a thread. Next to the "Watch Thread" button.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Is ignoring threads a needed feature? If you don't wanna read a thread can't you just not click it? Everyone always bragging about how many people they ignore and now threads as well.

Why come to a message board if you just want an echo chamber?

(Not referencing any specific user just the idea of ignoring seems against the point of a forum?)

Reactions: harpoon

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Is ignoring threads a needed feature? If you don't wanna read a thread can't you just not click it? Everyone always bragging about how many people they ignore and now threads as well.

(Not referencing any specific user just the idea of ignoring seems against the point of a forum?)

If there was some sort of automated way I could ignore Leafs threads I would. And yes I want to live a leafless echo chamber.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Yeah, I don't get it either really. Whats the hardship on just not clicking on a thread? I was just jk around about the GDT's, I usually have enough sense to stay clear from those. I relent occasionally for darker comedy. The comments in those threads are not usually very consistent.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Yeah, I don't get it either really. Whats the hardship on just not clicking on a thread? I was just jk around about the GDT's, I usually have enough sense to stay clear from those. I relent occasionally for darker comedy. The comments in those threads are not usually very consistent.

By the same token, what's the hardship in ignoring a thread you never open, you're bored with or is going nowhere? I use the simple board feed option, never open a number of the locked threads, might as well ignore them so they don't take up space as the top of the board. A PGT/GDT thread from last week that is jumping over the most recent one, it's gone. Three threads on basically the same topic, likely ignoring the one that has been taken over by 4 people. Main board, fairly quick ignore of the Oiler based threads, since trolling is often the main purpose. Really, just a decluttering and classification tool.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I got ignored for calling a Leaf fan out lol. He said the Leafs had three top 10 goal scorers.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Too much clutter especially on the main boards. I rather just see the threads I'm interested in.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
@Soli are you liking my post or just my avatar? ;)

Just letting you know I haven’t put you on ignore yet.

I see you’ve already had second thoughts about what she’s wearing. To be honest you can’t go wrong. Hah.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Just letting you know I haven’t put you on ignore yet.

I see you’ve already had second thoughts about what she’s wearing. To be honest you can’t go wrong. Hah.

To be honest I didn’t even notice what she’s wearing... ;)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
A Fraulein at that. Can't go much wrong..

Would look better with full beer steins in each hand. or not..;)

I knew I been missing something in the WC knockout stages...

She’ll give you a reason to watch the Summer Olympics at least. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille