OT: The OT Social Bubble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It’s fascinating and, of course, sad.

I moved on to American Murderer after that one. That one was truly devastating and infuriating.

I thought they did a great job with American Murderer, despite the extremely bland title. Great job telling the story and it had a satisfying (albeit, awful) conclusion. Answered all the questions.

Some of the recent true crime docs on Netflix stretched out waaay too long.. this one was concise.

Reactions: Ginger Papa and Pip

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Fifteen years. FIFTEEN YEARS I've been shuffling around this ridiculous site. What the hell?
15 Years? pfffft.

I have underwear older than that.:laugh:

That is, if I still wore underwear..

1c618761e91fcdf62216f0908cb36ca5_ra,w380,h380_pa,w380,h380.jpg

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Is that smoke OR fog in downtown? My guess is fog

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015
Had some inner demons that he battled which no doubt had an impact on how he treated others (which, let's face it was pretty horrible in the past); but the best thing is that it appeared he was able to defeat those demons. Didn't like the way they (both Halen brothers) dumped Michael Anthony but I could understand Eddie wanting to really connect with his son (by having him play in the band as the bassist).

I think he even patched some things with Hager to a degree not that long ago.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I just heard that Eddie Van Halen passed away. VH was one of the Bands I grew up with & this is just sad, sad news.

During the Dadrock Playoffs, @Mr. Canucklehead revived my interest in the Legendary Band. Thank you for that.

RIP to one of the finest musicians in history.
View attachment 370533
Revolutionized electric guitar playing along with Hendrix...No secret that he was not healthy (he battled esophageal cancer a few years back)...RIP

Hopefully, the Canucks continue to use his guitar riff as their goalscoring song next season.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Today is just not my day, just one of those ah screw it type of issues.

you try and lend a hand, people take it the wrong way. Such is life..

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Had some inner demons that he battled which no doubt had an impact on how he treated others (which, let's face it was pretty horrible in the past); but the best thing is that it appeared he was able to defeat those demons. Didn't like the way they (both Halen brothers) dumped Michael Anthony but I could understand Eddie wanting to really connect with his son (by having him play in the band as the bassist).

I think he even patched some things with Hager to a degree not that long ago.

Oh, make no mistake - EVH battled his demons. It had its ugly moments, as many rock stars tend to have. But he got past that and was ultimately more than that.

I was fortunate to see him perform live on several occasions. It's not often you can watch someone live who you confidently feel is the best in the world at what they do - but watching Eddie Van Halen shred that guitar, I felt certain for a fact that there was no one alive who could even come close to his mastery of that instrument.

He (and Van Halen) were and are the soundtrack of my life. Been into them since middle of high school and never stopped. This one really, really hurts. f*** cancer.

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015
Oh, make no mistake - EVH battled his demons. It had its ugly moments, as many rock stars tend to have. But he got past that and was ultimately more than that.
Further to my post about him and Hagar evidently patching things up to a degree....I've recently read about communications the two have had 'shooting the ****' that Eddie wanted to keep secret about less it stir up rumors about 'the band getting back together again'. Both of them knew that would never happen so they kept it quiet their correspondance.

Motto of the story is.....no matter what may or may have happened. Life is too short to get hung up over perceived past sleights (whether real or not). Nice to know they parted on good terms. Something we could all follow 'before it's too late'.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Further to my post about him and Hagar evidently patching things up to a degree....I've recently read about communications the two have had 'shooting the ****' that Eddie wanted to keep secret about less it stir up rumors about 'the band getting back together again'. Both of them knew that would never happen so they kept it quiet their correspondance.

Motto of the story is.....no matter what may or may have happened. Life is too short to get hung up over perceived past sleights (whether real or not). Nice to know they parted on good terms. Something we could all follow 'before it's too late'.

Yeah, it sounds like a lot of axes were buried in the last year - Eddie and Sammy, and Eddie and Mike, too. I'm glad he went into his end with those grudges placed into the past.

Reactions: Hit the post

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015
Yeah, it sounds like a lot of axes were buried in the last year - Eddie and Sammy, and Eddie and Mike, too. I'm glad he went into his end with those grudges placed into the past.
Yeah not to use substance abuse as a crutch, but I think that was clearly the root of all of Eddie's problems. Once he got those under control, he was able to be back to his regular self largely. A shame cancer cut short his life.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Canucks (Benning) are depressing me. So took Miss Kitty (Dodge Challenger Hellcat) out for some fun. Went really fast, and got extremely sh**ty gas mileage. I feel better now. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad