OT: The OT Social Bubble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I Did Judo after Jiu Jitsu, but absolutely should of done it the other round. Jiu-Jitsu definately had the biggest learning curve of any martial arts class I have taken. Trying to grapple with someone that knows Jiu-Jitsu is like trying to wrestle an octopus.

It's been about 5 years since I have done it though. I couldn't make it work with my work schedule. Now I have an injured back and neck. I would love to get back into it though if I was able to.

We have similar histories, minus the injuries: Went to Jiu Jitsu/Jujutsu, left, then Judo, and back to jujutsu.

Good fun when you have the time. Learn a lot about yourself. Anyway, good luck to Zombo and hope you feel better Bojack.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
We have similar histories, minus the injuries: Went to Jiu Jitsu/Jujutsu, left, then Judo, and back to jujutsu.

Good fun when you have the time. Learn a lot about yourself. Anyway, good luck to Zombo and hope you feel better Bojack.
Whyd you do judo and jiu jitsiu? For fitness? Or like a mind peace thing?

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
At 6'4, 238 pounds, he would have been a juggernaut on ice. But I'm happy he's becoming a Canadian star in the NFL.
Says he was a goalie not sure how good he was on skates.He will make way better money in the NFL hopefully

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I do a ton of trading card collecting and the vintage Pokemon card market is absolutely absurd right now. Non 1st edition base set Charizard is like $400 in good condition. Dig up your childhoods.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I do a ton of trading card collecting and the vintage Pokemon card market is absolutely absurd right now. Non 1st edition base set Charizard is like $400 in good condition. Dig up your childhoods.
Tragically all of my good cards were stolen by the older kid next door every time he "won"

Reactions: NoShowWilly

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I’m assuming my early nineties Score/Topps junk wax is worth maybe two dollars more than it was last year.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
No one really did portable gaming in my town, and all the cool kids in high school including myself were getting into Magic the Gathering while kids in elementary school were into Pokemon cards. As such it was only a few years ago that I learned that Pokemon started on the Gameboy, I thought it began as a card game and from there turned into a video game and cartoon.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
No one really did portable gaming in my town, and all the cool kids in high school including myself were getting into Magic the Gathering while kids in elementary school were into Pokemon cards. As such it was only a few years ago that I learned that Pokemon started on the Gameboy, I thought it began as a card game and from there turned into a video game and cartoon.

Side note, if you still have your childhood magic cards, those are also incredibly expensive.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
don't forget about Muncy's garbage throw to the plate......that was a mosquito level error.
The whole last play was terrible from everyone but the team shouldn’t have been in that position. Jansen should never have been asked to close; ask any Dodgers fan who’s been watching him over the past year or two and they’ll tell you he just doesn’t have it anymore. It’s been as clear as day for a long time but Roberts continues to throw him out there. Roberts also shouldn’t have pulled Urias when he did and shouldn’t have had Bellinger as the DH. Bellinger should have been in CF and I guarantee that mess doesn’t happen. IMO Roberts has cost the Dodgers at least one WS already and he could quite likely do it again this year. His management of pitching in game 2 cost them too. A competent manager and the series is already over.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Exactly the same here about everything, I just learned this year pokemon didn't start as a card game.
Side note, if you still have your childhood magic cards, those are also incredibly expensive.
Definitely still have them in a box somewhere, have been asked to sell them all as a lot but I kinda like just hanging on to them

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Exactly the same here about everything, I just learned this year pokemon didn't start as a card game.

Definitely still have them in a box somewhere, have been asked to sell them all as a lot but I kinda like just hanging on to them

If you're in Van, I worked at a card store for 5 years and have been doing large scale card appraisals for years. What years did you play? If it was in the 90's, there were cards that were worth $1 then that are thousands now.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
If you're in Van, I worked at a card store for 5 years and have been doing large scale card appraisals for years. What years did you play? If it was in the 90's, there were cards that were worth $1 then that are thousands now.

Huh damn I stopped playing and sold all mine at the end of high school, so would have played around 97-99. I know I had at least one rare card, forgot the name but in my starter pack got I think it was an 11/11 trample creature that consumed land every turn. A perfect 'Timmy' card. Now on the other hand the hockey cards I managed to save, if prices were still like they were in the early 90's I'm probably looking at 5 figures. With how that collapsed though probably not worth much anymore. Think of a star player from the late 80's/early 90's and I probably have his rookie card.

More off topic on MTG though, whenever I've had the desire to give it another go I've always been disappointed with the PC offerings. It's not something I can sink a lot of money or time into so really all I'd like is something single player or casual where you start off we a completely random 5 colour 'starter pack' and then building from their with more random booster packs. Actual game versions though start you off with pre-built decks and then stingily only dole out a few cards at a time as you play, eventually encouraging you towards a pay to win model.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Huh damn I stopped playing and sold all mine at the end of high school, so would have played around 97-99. I know I had at least one rare card, forgot the name but in my starter pack got I think it was an 11/11 trample creature that consumed land every turn. A perfect 'Timmy' card. Now on the other hand the hockey cards I managed to save, if prices were still like they were in the early 90's I'm probably looking at 5 figures. With how that collapsed though probably not worth much anymore. Think of a star player from the late 80's/early 90's and I probably have his rookie card.

More off topic on MTG though, whenever I've had the desire to give it another go I've always been disappointed with the PC offerings. It's not something I can sink a lot of money or time into so really all I'd like is something single player or casual where you start off we a completely random 5 colour 'starter pack' and then building from their with more random booster packs. Actual game versions though start you off with pre-built decks and then stingily only dole out a few cards at a time as you play, eventually encouraging you towards a pay to win model.

I'd imagine it was Polar Kraken. Card bad, the real winners are highly playable uncommons like Force of Will, they're like $100 each. Yeah, hockey cards are trash, absolutely not a good long term hold. It seemed like a sure thing at the time, but that's the stuff that usually doesn't work out.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Anybody here follow the BCHL closely? It's one of the few leagues running in Canada and there are some interesting prospects I'd like to track of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad