The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area and Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Got upgraded to the Ice Lounge! Checked out both lounges, definitely liking the lack of buffet.. While it would have been awesome, you can actually get a table and it's amazing how less-hungry everyone is now that they have to pay lol (even if a full meal here easily costs less than $30 so you save some money regardless).. But I know even I used to take a plate of food, pick at it, throw it away, then go back for more after a period.. Waste appears to be drastically down which is a plus

Overall, they don't look very different aside from the look of the stands being a bit different, but I really like our clubs.. Certainly more personality to them than the MetLife Stadium clubs.. I'll check the bathrooms and report back on if they got fixed

Edit: Bathrooms are fresh, complete with new paint jobs.. No TV though on the Ice Lounge side at least.. Focus seems to be very much on getting people back to their seats

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I could tell it was from a happy stress-free chicken by it's clucking when I bit into it. The replacement I got was really good, but the tomato jam or whatever they called it that was on it at the food truck on opening night was replaced with canned pizza sauce.

At least it didn't have pin feathers!

The 50-50 raffle is supposedly debuting Saturday.

I've often wondered why they don't do that. I assumed it was probably some NJ law or something.

wellonegm05*

His point was that by clearing out a bunch of brokers, we don't have that massive price dropping down to as low as $8 for a ticket, so it really is working out. Where are your seats? On the price chart, I don't see any for $79 face value (and do you mean STH price or Gate price?). I'm in section 226 and according to the chart, I paid $27 per seat for Saturday's game. With the cheapest 200-level seat current at $21, that's really not too bad of a loss if I can't go. Factor in the time of year and lack of excitement around the team, I'd take it. Especially when just a few years ago you'd see seats for $16 right about now, that would probably drop to close to $10 by game time.

I got 100% of my money back for Saturday through the Buy Back Program. Thanks management!

My seats are in 17. My breakdown, as in number of tickets I got divided by what I paid, my total cost is about $67 a ticket. Face values on the tickets is all over the place this year I've noticed. My hard copy tickets tax included for Saturday show about $59. The same electronic tickets I emailed to the buyer showed $78.95 each, and like I said, my calculations come to about $67 a ticket. So who knows. The Ranger game face on the hard copies was $150, I got $125. The buyback program from the team is overrated as well. They do not really buy them back from you. They credit your account and it really can only be applied towards next years tickets. If you want the money, you're ish outta luck.

NJDevils11

Dec 31, 2008
Lincroft, NJ
This is more comical than anything else, but we got our jerseys today as part of the season ticket holder perk from last year. There was just a small issue with mine, we gave it back to our rep to fix and he said we could keep both when he gets a new one. It was still pretty funny:

2popc3l.jpg

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
This is more comical than anything else, but we got our jerseys today as part of the season ticket holder perk from last year. There was just a small issue with mine, we gave it back to our rep to fix and he said we could keep both when he gets a new one. It was still pretty funny:

2popc3l.jpg

Yours is far worse for reasons I can't put into words, but I saw a picture somewhere on FB that somebody else's jersey's nameplate already has peeled off from their STH jersey

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Just want to add some positivity into this thread via food reviews:

Tony Baloney's is really good. Already liked the "500 Club" chicken sandwich and its replacement, the "Brick City Bird," was even better (good amount of chicken cutlets mixed in with some baloney and cheese). I have no problem paying $12 for an ~8" sub that fills me up for awhile and is well made. Just two bucks more than the crap chicken tenders and fries that used to be my go to item.

Friend of mine tried Woody's BBQ upstairs and gave that a good review as well. Limited sample size so far (also tried the ham and cheese at the diner stand which was good but too small) but definitely impressed with the improvements.

TurkeyPoint

Jan 10, 2014
I respectfully disagree on the clubs or at least the Ice Lounge (I haven't been over to the Fire Lounge yet this year). I've been a club seat season ticket holder since we moved into the Pru Center. The place is dead this year. The idea of a club is that it has a little energy to it - a fun place to be. It's also dirty this year - nobody walks around cleaning tables, emptying garbage cans, etc I'm not necessarily in favor of the buffet but does everyone really think the food is better this year? Not the people I have spoken to. Then last night the loaded cards didn't work. I laid out cash for food and beers and when I went to customer service to get a refund I was told I shouldn't have laid out the cash - we should have waited until the computer glitches were worked out(and they were about 15 minutes before game time). I'm there with clients - what am I going to do have them sit there with nothing to eat or drink?
I am a big supporter of the new ownership group - I like a lot of what they are doing. Not sure they have a clear idea of what they want in the clubs yet though. I love the team and will always be a STH - but maybe will move to the ledge or goal bar.

GhostofKenKlee

Not a fan of the changes to the Club, some may treat it as a buffet. Others treat it as a place to take clients. It's nice to give clients Clubs and have access to eat food. Some people are abusers at "FREE" Buffets.

I have heard from two sets of clients they like the old way better.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
What incentive is there to even sit in clubs anymore that is different than any other area of the arena aside from a more private area with shorter bathroom waits and a handful of different food options? Can't justify spending $150ish+ for those kind of incentives and is why a few sets of people I know dropped clubs altogether or moved elsewhere. I understand some people like to sit center ice and they are fantastic seats don't get me wrong, but I just don't see how it is worth upwards of $150

Nearly every other stadium/arena in this area has some sort of food/drink inclusive option, and not just the basic snacks and soft drinks, the rock has zero

GhostofKenKlee

What incentive is there to even sit in clubs anymore that is different than any other area of the arena aside from a more private area with shorter bathroom waits and a handful of different food options? Can't justify spending $150ish+ for those kind of incentives and is why a few sets of people I know dropped clubs altogether or moved elsewhere. I understand some people like to sit center ice and they are fantastic seats don't get me wrong, but I just don't see how it is worth upwards of $150

Nearly every other stadium/arena in this area has some sort of food/drink inclusive option, and not just the basic snacks and soft drinks, the rock has zero

Yep, spot on. It use to feel like an airport 1st. class lounge. With the bars and food options. Hence you pay a little more.

End of the day, I truly think they will go back next season. It was a way IMHO to rid of long term locked in STH at a fixed cost which Vanderbeek implemented. The vendors were good between the Sushi and Jon's Pizza as well as the carving station and the rotating sandwhich stand.

wellonegm05*

I respectfully disagree on the clubs or at least the Ice Lounge (I haven't been over to the Fire Lounge yet this year). I've been a club seat season ticket holder since we moved into the Pru Center. The place is dead this year. The idea of a club is that it has a little energy to it - a fun place to be. It's also dirty this year - nobody walks around cleaning tables, emptying garbage cans, etc I'm not necessarily in favor of the buffet but does everyone really think the food is better this year? Not the people I have spoken to. Then last night the loaded cards didn't work. I laid out cash for food and beers and when I went to customer service to get a refund I was told I shouldn't have laid out the cash - we should have waited until the computer glitches were worked out(and they were about 15 minutes before game time). I'm there with clients - what am I going to do have them sit there with nothing to eat or drink?
I am a big supporter of the new ownership group - I like a lot of what they are doing. Not sure they have a clear idea of what they want in the clubs yet though. I love the team and will always be a STH - but maybe will move to the ledge or goal bar.

Best kept secret in the building are Goal bar/Restaurant seats. Best seats in the house all around for basically the same, maybe even a little less than traditional club. If you want the food option, definitely get the Restaurant seating, you wont regret it.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Yep, spot on. It use to feel like an airport 1st. class lounge. With the bars and food options. Hence you pay a little more.

End of the day, I truly think they will go back next season. It was a way IMHO to rid of long term locked in STH at a fixed cost which Vanderbeek implemented. The vendors were good between the Sushi and Jon's Pizza as well as the carving station and the rotating sandwhich stand.

The lounges were the only places in the arena still getting their food from local catering halls or outside restaurants

It was great to have a different choice of meet at the carving station every game, while not as good as the actual John's restaurants for obvious reasons, the pizza was still good, and the pasta was all fresh from a local catering hall

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Best kept secret in the building are Goal bar/Restaurant seats. Best seats in the house all around for basically the same, maybe even a little less than traditional club. If you want the food option, definitely get the Restaurant seating, you wont regret it.

Yes, and I believe it is still "all you can eat"buffet, this season, though higher end than what the Clubs used to offer.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
I ate at Mercato Tomato Pie on Market St. before the game last night. I'll never eat in the arena again unless I get there really late. The pizza was outstanding and probably in my top five pizzas after one visit. I'm the biggest pizza snob on earth and I've driven to New Haven just to eat at Pepe's. This place is exactly the same style and when I spoke to the manager, he said they're from New Haven but wouldn't say which place they're from and this is a new concept and the first place they've opened under the Mercato name. I'm guessing it's family that snuck off and is opening their own joint just like tons of other legendary pizza places .

We ordered a half bacon pie and they messed up and made a full bacon one so they gave us a free plain pie and refilled our pitcher of beer to make up for the mistake. Threw it in the car before the game and basically have a whole pie in leftovers. The place was pretty empty so if you want an awesome simple meal before the game, this is the place to go. The service was beyond friendly and on top of things. They also have pasta, salads and paninis.

JWomp

Jan 8, 2008

Is restaurant ledge seating definitely still an option? I thought I remembered reading a post from after the home opener that said they got rid of the buffet and it was now a la carte only. What is the cost to get a seat on the ledge with buffet access this season?

Also, what's the deal with the club seats in terms of the food credit? Only some of the tickets come with the credit, correct? So if I'm buying club seats on StubHub, how do I know if they have the $30 built in or not?

Finally...is the super exclusive "Platinum Lounge" underneath the club section still in existence? Does that include all-you-can-eat food still, or is it also a la carte only?

wellonegm05*

Is restaurant ledge seating definitely still an option? I thought I remembered reading a post from after the home opener that said they got rid of the buffet and it was now a la carte only. What is the cost to get a seat on the ledge with buffet access this season?

Also, what's the deal with the club seats in terms of the food credit? Only some of the tickets come with the credit, correct? So if I'm buying club seats on StubHub, how do I know if they have the $30 built in or not?

Finally...is the super exclusive "Platinum Lounge" underneath the club section still in existence? Does that include all-you-can-eat food still, or is it also a la carte only?

IDK about the Platinum Lounge. The tradtional club seats they totally messed up by taking away the food. Now your just overpaying for a leather seat and a shorter bathroom line.

Restaurant seats IIRC are $165 per. about 15k a season for 2 tickets.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Yours is far worse for reasons I can't put into words, but I saw a picture somewhere on FB that somebody else's jersey's nameplate already has peeled off from their STH jersey

Lots of complaints about these, what's the deal. Are they Chinese knock-offs or something? That sounds implausible from both a PR and an IQ standpoint, but it seems odd for so many authentics to have so many quality control issues.

bluepuck22

Oct 21, 2007
Agree with you on Club

I agree with you completely. Been a Club STH for 7 years. They went from a "feast" to a famine. No buzz at all. now they are comping everyone to see it. The food is a joke. First of all it is overpriced and you cant even see what you are ordering. It will not last long. Not worth it.

What they should have done...if the were smart...just reduced the buffet, to just the pizza, hamburger, chicken strips and salad bar. Got rid of the expensive food. They are selling sushi for a small tray for $15. I figure...going on that...that I ate $87,000 worth of such over the past seven years.

They are going to have to reduce club seat pricing......if this is what they have. I have to walk out of the club to get my son chicken fingers, and get myself a can of beer. They should have given everyone a $50 reduction, instead of $30.

bluepuck22

Oct 21, 2007
Season ticket holders should plan on going to most if not all the games.
Worrying about resale value defeats the purpose of having season tickets.

Granted stuff comes up, but, you have to try to line up people prior to the season that are either potential buyers/customers/family to sell or give the tickets to.

Stressing about re-selling is just not worth it.

Using, your logic, their STH would drop from 9500 to 3000. Just not reality in today's market. Add in high prices for water/soda/parking/gas/food.....and it gets expensive going to 42 games. Some of us live over an hour away.

They lost a good amount of STH's from last year already. You are still using the "Eric" logic, that STH's families...should not sell their tickets. And you wonder why STH's are leaving?

GhostofKenKlee

I agree with you completely. Been a Club STH for 7 years. They went from a "feast" to a famine. No buzz at all. now they are comping everyone to see it. The food is a joke. First of all it is overpriced and you cant even see what you are ordering. It will not last long. Not worth it.

What they should have done...if the were smart...just reduced the buffet, to just the pizza, hamburger, chicken strips and salad bar. Got rid of the expensive food. They are selling sushi for a small tray for $15. I figure...going on that...that I ate $87,000 worth of such over the past seven years.

They are going to have to reduce club seat pricing......if this is what they have. I have to walk out of the club to get my son chicken fingers, and get myself a can of beer. They should have given everyone a $50 reduction, instead of $30.

How much are they really losing? Whatever we were eating in the Clubs, our bar tabs for four seats per game made up for it. I'm sure Bar Revenue is down, they aren't that thought out. Even if you ate Sushi out of control, they stop the spigot prior to the third.

That wasn't the intention of ridding of the food. The contract was up and claimed to be between. The real reason they got rid of it was to rid of long term contracts, I'm STH and Club Seat STH for work. They are alienating alot of the loyalist for God knows what.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
You club seat & "premium" STHers should ask for a meeting with Hugh or Scott ONeill.
Voice your concerns constructively, they need guys like you to renew.

I believe they are open to feedback and will make adjustments.

Klee is right, the Fire & Ice lounge bars made a killing on most nights in prior seasons.
I ran up an expense bill of $245 with tip for 3 of us last season and it was tough to even get a drink (bar was packed) and it was against a non-rival, I think Montreal.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
I figure...going on that...that I ate $87,000 worth of such over the past seven years.

That is an impressive amount of food :laugh: Have you tried reselling your club seats for games you can't go to? How is the market?

I think the compromise they should do is make the non TV side (which is the fire lounge) a buffet, and the TV side (Ice Lounge) non buffet. That way their concerns about always looking empty on TV can be addressed while making sure to let some people have food.

GhostofKenKlee

You club seat & "premium" STHers should ask for a meeting with Hugh or Scott ONeill.
Voice your concerns constructively, they need guys like you to renew.

I believe they are open to feedback and will make adjustments.

Klee is right, the Fire & Ice lounge bars made a killing on most nights in prior seasons.
I ran up an expense bill of $245 with tip for 3 of us last season and it was tough to even get a drink (bar was packed) and it was against a non-rival, I think Montreal.

I have spoken to a few people about this. I think they are no longer employees. I have been told that it was a transistion year. It really looks like they are scrubbing down the deals and things Vanderbeek did. Between the vendors and a new way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad