The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area and Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Quick question about Club seats -- is the alcohol policy similar to Goal Bar seats (beer and wine can be taken to Goal Bar seats, but otherwise beer is the only alcoholic beverage that can leave)?

(I know that this is all due to the ridiculous nature of state alcoholic beverage laws, but I didn't know if the details of the Club setup resulted in a different outcome than the Goal Bar setup.)

Same policy in Club, but you can sometimes slip past to your seats.

bluepuck22

Oct 21, 2007
That is an impressive amount of food :laugh: Have you tried reselling your club seats for games you can't go to? How is the market?

I think the compromise they should do is make the non TV side (which is the fire lounge) a buffet, and the TV side (Ice Lounge) non buffet. That way their concerns about always looking empty on TV can be addressed while making sure to let some people have food.

Food costs are spiraling out of control for all vendors. Just look at McDonalds earnings. Buffalo Wild Wings just told shareholders that the increasing cost of "Chicken wings" is eating into profits. So they were losing money on food, and the bars were never packed, very easy to get a drink.

I think you are on the right track - Club Seats should be limited, to just the two "center" sections, Section 8 and Section 19, lot less people, and still have the option of buffet.

The changes the made were too abrupt, stopping all free food. They lost a lot of STH's who just moved to other sections. Club now, has limited appeal.

Dead

Mar 7, 2010
AoW Land
i think the best seats in the entire arena are in the 100's center ice first row. "Club seats" are all fine if you are back in the last few rows, but the prices (without food) is unjustified. Glass seats are over rated unless you get one of the few select seats were you can actually see the entire rink rather than just bits due to the glass.

everything else for me is whatever as I am there to enjoy the game for the most part. hey we score a goal and i am happy, a win is even better so it goes with the devils lately

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
One ticket for tonight available. Asking for donation to any cancer-related charity of your choosing. Amount is entirely at your discretion.

PM if interested

WJN126

#bringbackmarty
Jul 21, 2010
Ridgewood, NJ
Is there a map or info where to get the different types of food around the arena?
I was last there against Dallas and the level 1 concourse seemed pretty mediocre still.

Warning - rant:
3D show is way under-utilized compared to the other NHL/NBA teams using projection imagining (look up Ottawa, Nashville, Tampa Bay, Chicago, Montreal, and Miami Heat pre-game 3d shows on Youtube). Music choice doesn't ramp you up - it'd be great to use Standing in Motion for this. Also the video playback on the ice moving, you can barely see it in person).

Atmosphere/Buzz in the arena also has really dulled this year, IMO. Compared to a few years back, doesn't feel electric or anything exciting. It's I think a combination of many things - a few to mind are: poor music selection from pre-game warm up's to in-game/intermissions, elimination of Dancers (as bad as they were, NJ Devil throwing T-Shirts by himself is a sad sight), I could go on.

I also feel like the arena is having an identity crisis from all of the changes, and marketing campaigns throughout the last few years. Devils Army, We're all Devils Inside, Red Alert, Our House Rules.. They need to stick to one theme finally.

Just a few things on my mind, didn't mean to make this a complaint thread.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
Is there a map or info where to get the different types of food around the arena?
I was last there against Dallas and the level 1 concourse seemed pretty mediocre still.

Warning - rant:
3D show is way under-utilized compared to the other NHL/NBA teams using projection imagining (look up Ottawa, Nashville, Tampa Bay, Chicago, Montreal, and Miami Heat pre-game 3d shows on Youtube). Music choice doesn't ramp you up - it'd be great to use Standing in Motion for this. Also the video playback on the ice moving, you can barely see it in person).

Atmosphere/Buzz in the arena also has really dulled this year, IMO. Compared to a few years back, doesn't feel electric or anything exciting. It's I think a combination of many things - a few to mind are: poor music selection from pre-game warm up's to in-game/intermissions, elimination of Dancers (as bad as they were, NJ Devil throwing T-Shirts by himself is a sad sight), I could go on.

I also feel like the arena is having an identity crisis from all of the changes, and marketing campaigns throughout the last few years. Devils Army, We're all Devils Inside, Red Alert, Our House Rules.. They need to stick to one theme finally.

I agree with the 3D projection. I don't think they had enough time to put together a decent opening. I think they got it a few weeks before the season started.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

I really like the new campaign.. Thought it was hilarious when they launched it and people on here complained it was "too corporate" and blasted them for using the term "branding" like it's not something every business does. As they show in the article, every arena in this area is building a brand for itself in order to compete. I like the angle they are taking too - Jersey Pride is a movement that's been building over recent years, so I think this "our house" campaign fits right in.

wellonegm05*

Warning - rant:

The 3d imaging is cool but also kind of confusing and hard to see at times because it is always going to be upside down to a certain section of the arena.

Atmosphere is piss poor. No one is going, not even the college kids that used to buy $5 tickets upstairs, which was the only section that was ever packed consistently. Now it is empty as well.

I think this season is kind of an experiment. I can not see them keeping things as is. Having 11,000 people at homes games is not going to cut it, especially when probably only 4,000 of those are lower bowl seats.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The 3d imaging is cool but also kind of confusing and hard to see at times because it is always going to be upside down to a certain section of the arena.

Atmosphere is piss poor. No one is going, not even the college kids that used to buy $5 tickets upstairs, which was the only section that was ever packed consistently. Now it is empty as well.

I think this season is kind of an experiment. I can not see them keeping things as is. Having 11,000 people at homes games is not going to cut it, especially when probably only 4,000 of those are lower bowl seats.

There was never $5 college tickets, they are $15 including for tonight, I provided the link in the Ticket thread.

A little too early in the season to form an opinion on the atmosphere.
Sample size not large enough yet.

Home Opener had a good vibe/decent crowd.
Rags was price gouging which prevented the usual packed and raucous crowd.
The other crowds were not great in size and the lackluster Devils play on the ice takes the fans out early.
Though The Rock was alive in the 3rd period this past Saturday night.

Let's remember, they got rid most of their brokers which got people in the building at dirt cheap prices on stubhub & other sites.
That used to kill the value of our season tickets.

Now, they have 1 or 2 brokers that own about 2k seats and they are not allowed to price their tickets under a certain % on StubHub.

The New Regime is trying to build the season ticket base and and foundation the right away so they don't have to rely on gimmicks and handouts down the line.

The majority of the things they are doing are positive for the long haul.
Of course some kinks,glitches & mistakes will be had along the way.

A better/more exciting team that skates and plays with passion would certainly liven the joint up.
Instead we have mostly been dished with slow/methodical hockey that aggrevates/bores the fans in attendance.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

These should be in the first post of the thread, had to do some digging but here ya go

Here are most of the menus
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=91133597&postcount=578

Here are locations
10628082_10152475205281687_7535629834004268305_n.png

wellonegm05*

There was never $5 college tickets, they are $15 including for tonight, I provided the link in the Ticket thread.

A little too early in the season to form an opinion on the atmosphere.
Sample size not large enough yet.

Home Opener had a good vibe/decent crowd.
Rags was price gouging which prevented the usual packed and raucous crowd.
The other crowds were not great in size and the lackluster Devils play on the ice takes the fans out early.
Though The Rock was alive in the 3rd period this past Saturday night.

Let's remember, they got rid most of their brokers which got people in the building at dirt cheap prices on stubhub & other sites.
That used to kill the value of our season tickets.

Now, they have 1 or 2 brokers that own about 2k seats and they are not allowed to price their tickets under a certain % on StubHub.

The New Regime is trying to build the season ticket base and and foundation the right away so they don't have to rely on gimmicks and handouts down the line.

The majority of the things they are doing are positive for the long haul.
Of course some kinks,glitches & mistakes will be had along the way.

A better/more exciting team that skates and plays with passion would certainly liven the joint up.
Instead we have mostly been dished with slow/methodical hockey that aggrevates/bores the fans in attendance.

I was kidding about the $5, but really $5, $15, whats the difference? All I know is that night in and night out the upper bowl was impressively filled, especially the sides, for the better part of the past 3-4 years. Now its a ghost town up there as well.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Our year to year attendance numbers aren't far enough. We always draw less early in the season, period. But why let facts get in the way, again...

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Copying and pasting a post of mine in the GDT from the game against Winnipeg last week about early season attendance:

The team's attendance is historically crap immediately following the home opener in October. Below are the first four games after the opener for the last three seasons excluding the post lockout 2012-13 one (all games but two were announced sellouts that season):

2013-14

16,592 - Saturday vs. New York
13,203 - Thursday vs. Vancouver
13,501 - Tuesday vs. Tampa Bay
13,705 - Saturday vs. Philadelphia

2011-12

12,096 - Monday vs. Carolina
12,256 - Thursday vs. Los Angeles
14,319 - Friday vs. San Jose
13,033 - Wednesday vs. Toronto

2010-11

12,880 - Monday vs. Pittsburgh
12,221 - Friday vs. Colorado
13,056 - Saturday vs. Boston
14,228 - Saturday vs. Buffalo

The result is not much different even during the years this team was really good. It's actually improved since the move to Newark, but it is difficult to get a largely suburban fan base excited about early season games, especially on weeknights.

I do not think the team playing better right now, or the prospect of a better season overall, would have much impact on attendance right now given the fan base's track record for not showing up this early in the campaign.

Also, a link to this post from BigBlueAndRed with pictures of most of the arena's menus should be included in the first post of subsequent threads:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=91133597&postcount=578

wellonegm05*

Our year to year attendance numbers aren't far enough. We always draw less early in the season, period. But why let facts get in the way, again...

Yea lets not let that get in the way of first hand accounts from people who have been there to see it themselves. We all know how reliable those team generated attendance numbers are. I mean the Rangers have sold out every game for over a decade...

Any way you cut it, this year, attendance so far has been awful compared to previous years. Last year, in fact, I would say the first few games had a great vibe, some of the best all season. I mean when is the last time we had 4,000 empty seats for a Ranger game.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I was kidding about the $5, but really $5, $15, whats the difference? All I know is that night in and night out the upper bowl was impressively filled, especially the sides, for the better part of the past 3-4 years. Now its a ghost town up there as well.

Not really.
Sections such as 209, 226, 215, 232 were no where near full last season.
Most of the full STHers up there moved to the balconies prior to 2013-2014.

Those sections have been more full this season in comparison aside from the Rags game.

But like Cowbell noted, it's Nov 4

wellonegm05*

Not really.

Those sections have been more full this season in comparison aside from the Rags game.

I'll give you the balcony's. I have noticed they are more full than I've ever seen them. However everywhere else is I suppose what I am referring to. The lower bowl has basically been the same as always. Its the 200's I'm talking about. Yes, its early, but I dont think I've seen entire sections empty to the extent I have this year. Those are the seats they should be giving away. As you pointed out, if giving those to college kids and people with low wage jobs gets them in the door and the sales team can convert those people to balcony seats, then it will pay off eventually.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Yea lets not let that get in the way of first hand accounts from people who have been there to see it themselves. We all know how reliable those team generated attendance numbers are. I mean the Rangers have sold out every game for over a decade...

Any way you cut it, this year, attendance so far has been awful compared to previous years. Last year, in fact, I would say the first few games had a great vibe, some of the best all season. I mean when is the last time we had 4,000 empty seats for a Ranger game.

Not really.

I'll give you the balcony's. I have noticed they are more full than I've ever seen them. However everywhere else is I suppose what I am referring to. The lower bowl has basically been the same as always. Its the 200's I'm talking about. Yes, its early, but I dont think I've seen entire sections empty to the extent I have this year. Those are the seats they should be giving away. As you pointed out, if giving those to college kids and people with low wage jobs gets them in the door and the sales team can convert those people to balcony seats, then it will pay off eventually.

I love the back tracking. Again, don't let any facts or figures get the way at all. The eye test is right in all situations always, right?

wellonegm05*

I love the back tracking. Again, don't let any facts or figures get the way at all. The eye test is right in all situations always, right?

Whats your point? You're happy with the attendance? Congrats! I am telling you from my perspective, as someone who has been there, that the attendance this year has been bad. If you want to take the "reported" numbers as your basis thats fine. The home opener had huge chunks of empty blocks of seating. Every game since has seemingly gotten worse both on a relative basis and when also factoring in ticket prices. Even using the stated numbers, we are ahead of only Carolina, PHX, NYI and Florida. Yea, nothing to worry bout mate...

wellonegm05*

http://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph.php?tmi=7066

Look, a link with some "stats" or "facts". Attendance is currently the lowest its been since moving to Prudential. 5th worst in the league. Thats with the opener being booked as a sell out when everyone there saw it wasnt. So yea, interesting, people with working eyes notice what the numbers also suggest. Odd...

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
http://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph.php?tmi=7066

Look, a link with some "stats" or "facts". Attendance is currently the lowest its been since moving to Prudential. 5th worst in the league. Thats with the opener being booked as a sell out when everyone there saw it wasnt. So yea, interesting, people with working eyes notice what the numbers also suggest. Odd...

Great job finding a horribly misleading statistic. The average of the first month of a season compared to the average of a full season (the Devils always draw better post holiday and football season historically). So, that's kind of bunk.

You also are implying that I haven't been to any games, which I find interesting. Either you know exactly who I am, or you are speculating about me. If it's the first, you should know I don't follow people down the rabbit hole and if it's the latter, you're ignoring any facts, again!

And why should I be concerned about attendance numbers? Has nothing to do with anything that impacts me, does it? Doesn't affect my personal attendance, experience, or how I view the on-ice product. I've said many, many times in the past that I don't care about things that don't impact me, especially attendance.

I really love the tone you're starting to take - I'm not sure if it's urgency or desperation to prove me wrong and be right or what, but it's fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad