The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area and Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
$8.75 for a domestic draft is not that out of the ordinary for this area if its a 20oz cup.

Arena concessions pricing is what it is, convenience.

I like that we have lots of options now and I don't mind spending a few extra bucks as long as the quality is good and its fresh.

But, if I find the food is cold when it should be hot, the portions are absurdly small or it tastes stale, I'll curtail my spend.

I don't give a crap about the beer since I'm not a drinker lol...the food itself IS a lot more expensive than last year though.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I don't give a crap about the beer since I'm not a drinker lol...the food itself IS a lot more expensive than last year though.

More expensive is an understatement. It's stratospherically more expensive.

Even the price of a large soda is a whopping > 30% increase.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

What I've noticed, some items are $.50 to $1 higher.

Have you seen bigger increases than that, and which items?

The bottled water from $4.25 to $5 is a little ridiculous.

Two seasons ago Cracker Jacks was $2.75, now its $4.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Chicken fingers/fries is $10...I think it was $7.50 last year but don't really remember.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Oh well they increased it at some point, I remember when it was $7 or something like that :laugh:

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Even if everything has a slight increase its still ten bucks more for a family of four to eat. The mac and cheese pulled pork was amazing but the $12 portion size sucked. Could get a similar side dish for 5 at Dino

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
What I've noticed, some items are $.50 to $1 higher.

Have you seen bigger increases than that, and which items?

The bottled water from $4.25 to $5 is a little ridiculous.

Two seasons ago Cracker Jacks was $2.75, now its $4.

Well, you just pointed some out. The big soda increase I noted. The beer. In terms of percentage though, the Cheeseburger & Fries is the biggest increase I've seen, spliting them out a la carte results in a huge bump. Pretty much everything is significantly more expensive that I saw.

LuckyLuke87

May 11, 2010
Prague
Hi to all NJD board members, I want to ask you for an advice. Next week, I'm going for a vacation to NY and I plan to visit NHL game to see our legend Jags play before he finally hangs them up. The game I choose is NJD - STL next Tuesday and my question is - should I buy tickets online in advance, or is it better to buy them in the arena before the game? I don't expect the game to be sold out and from purely logistics perspective, I'd rather buy them in the arena (because all those online tickets portals are quite unfreindly when you buy tickets from Czech Republic). Thanks for advice...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It depends how important price and location are for you. If you want cheaper and/or a specific location then secondary market buying is better. If you don't really care about price or location then you should be able to find a seat in most sections for most prices at the arena.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Hi to all NJD board members, I want to ask you for an advice. Next week, I'm going for a vacation to NY and I plan to visit NHL game to see our legend Jags play before he finally hangs them up. The game I choose is NJD - STL next Tuesday and my question is - should I buy tickets online in advance, or is it better to buy them in the arena before the game? I don't expect the game to be sold out and from purely logistics perspective, I'd rather buy them in the arena (because all those online tickets portals are quite unfreindly when you buy tickets from Czech Republic). Thanks for advice...

I dont know what you mean by "unfriendly", but if you can buy and print your tickets online, do so. Weeknight games in NJ are a buyer's market. You can even get Lower level blueline "Club Seats" right now for only $120 on Stubhub. If that's outside your price range, mezzanine center ice is only about $50 right now and those are very good seats. You'll pay more money if you wait and buy at the arena.

http://www.stubhub.com/new-jersey-d...s-newark-prudential-center-11-4-2014-9076545/

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Even if I you running late for a game, the Chipotle option literally right next door is a no-brainer for me, and chances are you'll likely wait less in that line than you will in the arena in addition to getting more and fresher food for less $$

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Even if I you running late for a game, the Chipotle option literally right next door is a no-brainer for me, and chances are you'll likely wait less in that line than you will in the arena in addition to getting more and fresher food for less $$

Yes, you can get a Chipotle burrito for around $7 and a bottled soda/snapple at the Krauzers next door for under $2, then eat at Champ Plaza while the weather is not too bad this time of year.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
The prices are now completely INSANE.

I thought $9.75 for the Devils Cheeseburger/fries was bad enough, now it's about $10 for the cheeseburger, and another $6 for the fries! Sorry, not paying $16 for an arena burger & fries.

And $8.75 for a pint of domestic beer is nuts. So is $7.50 for a large soda. A Devils employee who was behind a beer stand (why I don't know, monitoring perhaps?) came around and talked to me when I asked about the various differences in the beer prices and he told me he thought it was getting ridiculous and compared it to "Yankee Stadium". I wasn't even complaining, he volunteered this, lol. Anyway, the moral of the story is: I WILL NEVER EAT AT PRUDENTIAL CENTER AGAIN. Why would you? Only reason I can see eating there is if you're arriving to the building on a tight schedule and starving. The gf and I had a light bite at the game to tide-us-over and went to Dinosaur BBQ after the game. Paid the same $$ and got a 1000% better, sit down meal. My belief is that once most fans learn how crazy the prices are now, the businesses outside the arena (EAH, D-BBQ, etc..) are going to greatly increase business before/after games.

If you get a burger from the grind stand, it comes with fries and it's only $13.

Don't they change the prices every game now? Or at least that's what cj said the other night, when they had 'variable' pricing on the food lol. And now they're supposedly changing the pricing again with their promise of x number of items under $6.

I was being completely sarcastic when I asked if the food was variable pricing.

And if you know you're going to be running late, you could preorder it for pick-up, so you're just going straight to the front of the line.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
Avg NHL beer prices.
Once again, Penguins get it right with anything related to the fan experience, marketing and public relations.

Devils prices are right in line for the Metro area.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-beer-cost-every-nhl-201854164.html

Yes and no, as the chart shows price of SMALLEST beer available and doesn't adjust for size. As the article notes, Washington (which shows up as above the median on the chart) actually has the least expensive beer (on a per-ounce basis), whereas Winnipeg is actually the most expensive (again, on a per-ounce basis).

I agree that, for someone who might sometimes want a beer with their food in lieu of soda or water, Pittsburgh offers a nice option. For those who like to "drink" at the game (i.e., large beer or multiple beers), Pittsburgh may, in fact, be far from the cheapest.

Plus, for those of you who complain about the selection/quality of beers, they may sell Iron City at the Penguins games ... try it and you may never complain about another beer again :)

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
And if you know you're going to be running late, you could preorder it for pick-up, so you're just going straight to the front of the line.

Exactly

Cool and all that they have new and local food options around the arena, but yea like at any other arena/stadium, no thanks not for those prices

GhostofKenKlee

Nothing beats drafts being a dollar cheaper outside the Fire lounge on the concourse in years past.

If you are well thought out, you can eat at any restaurant prior to the game and eat better for less. Whether its the Ironbound or somewhere DT.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Yes and no, as the chart shows price of SMALLEST beer available and doesn't adjust for size. As the article notes, Washington (which shows up as above the median on the chart) actually has the least expensive beer (on a per-ounce basis), whereas Winnipeg is actually the most expensive (again, on a per-ounce basis).

I agree that, for someone who might sometimes want a beer with their food in lieu of soda or water, Pittsburgh offers a nice option. For those who like to "drink" at the game (i.e., large beer or multiple beers), Pittsburgh may, in fact, be far from the cheapest.

Plus, for those of you who complain about the selection/quality of beers, they may sell Iron City at the Penguins games ... try it and you may never complain about another beer again :)

Iron City is brutal, tried it once, never again.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If you get a burger from the grind stand, it comes with fries and it's only $13.

That's definitely a better deal than the one I saw, but it's still a huge price increase.

Devils (beer) prices are right in line for the Metro area.

The price they have is wrong, it's $8.75 for a beer in Newark this year*, which puts it at a tie for 3rd most expensive in the entire NHL.

*The signs printed in the venue are also wrong and say $8.50, but if you look at your CC receipt it's really $8.75 for the "cheap" domestic.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
That's definitely a better deal than the one I saw, but it's still a huge price increase.

The price they have is wrong, it's $8.75 for a beer in Newark this year*, which puts it at a tie for 3rd most expensive in the entire NHL.

*The signs printed in the venue are also wrong and say $8.50, but if you look at your CC receipt it's really $8.75 for the "cheap" domestic.

Last game, the Miller Lite stand near Section 120 was $8.75 and the sign said so.

So if a fan gets 1 per game and attends all 41 home games, he will pay $10.25 more than he did last season.
Nominal stuff.

You're not going to pay much less for a draft in any NY/NJ area pro sports venue.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
if a fan gets 1 per game and attends all 41 home games, he will pay $10.25 more than he did last season.
Nominal stuff.

But just a few years ago they were $7.50, these are big increases either YoY or looked up on as a function of 2 or 3 seasons.

And just 1 per game? Don't you care about the children alcoholics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad