The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area and Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This thread is for information regarding the Rock (policies, FAQ's, etc). This is NOT for selling tickets. You can find ticket sales here.

Info about the Prudential Center

FAQ's regarding the Prudential Center (including camera info)

Restaurant Info

Directions/Parking

Pre-Paid Parking

Mass Transit Info

Box Office Info

Seating Chart (Devils shoot twice towards the right - section 2-4)

3D Seating Chart

Official Newark Visitor's Guide

Local Watering Holes:
Hell's Kitchen
Market Street Grill
Sagres Bar & Grill
Edison Ale House
McGovern's Tavern
Loft 47
Dinosaur BBQ
Mmm Bellos
The Monk Room

Hotel Information:
Marriott Hotel (outside Prudential Center)
Hilton Hotel in Newark
Robert Treat Hotel
Hampton Inn in Harrison
*The Prudential Center is not far from Newark Airport, so you can always find hotels near there as well.*

Autograph Information:
For Devils autographs it's on Lafeyette Street, walking towards Broad Street, right before the VIP parking garage. You'll probably see a bunch of people standing out there.

For visiting teams it's on Edison Street, walking towards Broad Street, right past the Devils Den (directly opposite from where the home team comes out).

The last Pru Center thread:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1626385&page=41

Mod Note:
Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use.
HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.
HFBoards also does not sponsor/endorse any deals . Buyer beware.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Noted...and from the descriptions of last night I'm glad I'm not bothering to go till the 18th :laugh:

And this is a good recap post of the STH conference call to continue the discussion here:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=90119823&postcount=997

I do think describing a sports team as a 'brand' is a bit pretentious unless it's like the Yankees, Cowboys but whatever, it's personal preference and that's the language every ownership wants to use now. Did anyone ask them at all when the 'rewards program' would be up and running? Or when we'd get our f/b cards? It doesn't exactly entice people to go to preseason games when they don't have their f/b cards yet.

Last edited:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Can someone recap the complaints from last night so I don't have to read through multiple pages of posts?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Can someone recap the complaints from last night so I don't have to read through multiple pages of posts?

My observations

** Bad top-40 90s cheese pop music at every stoppage of play
** Limited food options, in Legend boxes but same old bland Aramark food
** The concourses looked old/worn out/dirty
** in-arena "hostess" had a shrieking/ear piercing voice (and she's a Flyers fan)
** they did not let Kevin Clark announce the Flyers lineup, just flashed it on the jumbotron
** star wars music before each Devils PP, no more PSE&G PP

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Hey, were you at the game last night?

The only 2 new "off ice" things I found interesting were the horn played when the Devils took the ice before each period and that Smashburger is now a sponsor.

Everything else, was annoying or underwhelming.

I was there and I totally agree with you that it left a lot to be desired (plus I did think the SmashBurger sponsorship was cool and wish they could put one in the Rock lol).. I posted that last night.. But I'm not going to freak out during preseason and critique everything like that's what 10/18 will be.. They mentioned on the call that they have a lot of work to do.. The construction everywhere should have made that clear, but it's a work in progress and they seem to feel they'll have the construction done for opening night plus a lot of the kinks (one person on the call mentioned her $30 food credit loaded on her club ticket didn't work elsewhere in the Rock. Scott said they are working on it. Technical, computer issues suck but they happen)

Bash them to high heavens if opening night is like last night, but that was a preseason game on and off the ice.. I can at least give them until opening night, a real event that matters, before passing judgement

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I was there and I totally agree with you that it left a lot to be desired (plus I did think the SmashBurger sponsorship was cool and wish they could put one in the Rock lol).. I posted that last night.. But I'm not going to freak out during preseason and critique everything like that's what 10/18 will be.. They mentioned on the call that they have a lot of work to do.. The construction everywhere should have made that clear, but it's a work in progress and they seem to feel they'll have the construction done for opening night plus a lot of the kinks (one person on the call mentioned her $30 food credit loaded on her club ticket didn't work elsewhere in the Rock. Scott said they are working on it. Technical, computer issues suck but they happen)

Bash them to high heavens if opening night is like last night, but that was a preseason game on and off the ice.. I can at least give them until opening night, a real event that matters, before passing judgement

Fair point.

And like NJDevs26, my next game will also be on October 18, I hope and expect to see big changes from last night.

What the Devils should do for the Islanders game is let all kids 13 and under in FREE with the supervision of an adult who has a game ticket.

It would not only expose some kids to Devils hockey but also get the Legends/Pru Center employees into "game shape". with a dry run of sorts.

They should make this announcement tomorrow morning.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
My observations

** Bad top-40 90s cheese pop music at every stoppage of play
** Limited food options, in Legend boxes but same old bland Aramark food
** The concourses looked old/worn out/dirty
** in-arena "hostess" had a shrieking/ear piercing voice (and she's a Flyers fan)
** they did not let Kevin Clark announce the Flyers lineup, just flashed it on the jumbotron
** star wars music before each Devils PP, no more PSE&G PP

A bunch of the Top 40 music was post-2010 or at least way more recent. Actually thought they were playing more classic rock than usual and considered it an improvement (and I'm not a Top 40 hater, but still prefer more of a mix), but can't say I was really paying attention to that when walking the concourses.

As for the food, can anyone confirm if the standard #7 City Grill (the basic concession around the arena) menus were any different from last season? Looked exactly the same except for maybe the addition of a chicken sandwich. The menu displays themselves hardly looked new so I wonder if they are the old ones or just temporary placeholders. This is asking way too much, but would be brilliant if they had HD screen for menu display like many fast food chains and movie theaters.

So I get there is some debate whether the vendor last night was Aramark or Legends, but whoever it was served up the worst chicken tenders and fries I have ever had at the arena. One of those more bread than meat type deals. That has me hoping Aramark was behind it but I guess since they are working out the kinks it doesn't much matter.

Love me some Imperial March, but yeah, it was weird to accompany our power play with that. Can't blame PSEG for walking away from that sponsorship (if they did) - our power play surely was tarnishing their good name. They are still onboard as a partner though and sponsored one of those noise meter things.

And yeah, I will say it again - the concourse walls badly need a new paint job and spackling in some areas. Speaking of paint, and maybe this is too soon to judge, but it seems they are making the interior even more bland and whitewashed than before. Used to be red paint above the #7 City Grill concessions if I remember correctly; now it is a really bright white. Minor complaint, but think the arena needs more color inside, not less.

FLEX225

Nov 15, 2007
Bergen County, NJ
A bunch of the Top 40 music was post-2010 or at least way more recent. Actually thought they were playing more classic rock than usual and considered it an improvement (and I'm not a Top 40 hater, but still prefer more of a mix), but can't say I was really paying attention to that when walking the concourses.

As for the food, can anyone confirm if the standard #7 City Grill (the basic concession around the arena) menus were any different from last season? Looked exactly the same except for maybe the addition of a chicken sandwich. The menu displays themselves hardly looked new so I wonder if they are the old ones or just temporary placeholders. This is asking way too much, but would be brilliant if they had HD screens as menus like many fast food chains and AMC Theatres.

So I get there is some debate whether the vendor last night was Aramark or Legends, but whoever it was served up the worst chicken tenders and fries I have ever had at the arena. One of those more bread than meat type deals. That has me hoping Aramark was behind it but I guess since they are working out the kinks it doesn't much matter.

Love me some Imperial March, but yeah, it was weird to accompany our power play with that. Can't blame PSEG for walking away from that sponsorship (if they did) - our power play surely was tarnishing their good name. They are still onboard as a partner though and sponsored one of those noise meter things.

And yeah, I will say it again - the concourse walls badly need a new paint job and spackling in some areas. Speaking of paint, and maybe this is too soon to judge, but it seems they are making the interior even more bland and whitewashed than before. Used to be red paint above the #7 City Grill concessions if I remember correctly; now it is a really bright white. Minor complaint, but think the arena needs more color inside, not less.

Don't forget they're not done with putting all of the new signage and bells and whistles with the new concessions. There is WAY too much *****ing going on here about a damn pre-season game where 7k people showed up. I heard they're testing out another girl for the host on Thursday. Taryn was good but they just have to work on the sound portion of her. Maybe the person Thursday will be better. Who knows.

I'm really convinced though that this board is just a place for people to ***** about EVERYTHING. Why do Devils fans hate change so much? I just flat out don't get it. I'm holding off any judgment at all until November. They're changing A LOT of stuff and they're going to need to find a groove. Let them get there first.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Don't forget they're not done with putting all of the new signage and bells and whistles with the new concessions. There is WAY too much *****ing going on here about a damn pre-season game where 7k people showed up. I heard they're testing out another girl for the host on Thursday. Taryn was good but they just have to work on the sound portion of her. Maybe the person Thursday will be better. Who knows.

I'm really convinced though that this board is just a place for people to ***** about EVERYTHING. Why do Devils fans hate change so much? I just flat out don't get it. I'm holding off any judgment at all until November. They're changing A LOT of stuff and they're going to need to find a groove. Let them get there first.

Agree completely, was trying to temper or minimize any criticism or complaints in my post. It is an ambitious timetable to complete the construction, but doable if they have the right labor. Also do not think it was just some last minute thing as some allege. The arena calendar is really quiet the next 3 weeks - a few events near or on the weekends and the weekdays pretty much open. I am sure this is by design and they did not want to turn away acts for too long so planned a condensed construction period for the front end that customers see (on the call O'Neill or Weber said they have been working on the back house for awhile now).

What people complaining need to remind themselves is, the alternative is we would be returning to an arena with no improvements whatsoever and Aramark as its lackluster concessionaire. And this is coming from someone who was/is very sympathetic to Vanderbeek (I think more people would be if they knew what a Herculean task it was to get the arena built).

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I'm holding off any judgment at all until November. They're changing A LOT of stuff and they're going to need to find a groove. Let them get there first.

This was my takeaway as well.
It didn't look like a finished product, or even a sample product -- but a work in progress.
I didn't really even expect much for a preseason game, so I had low expectations going in.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Fair point.

And like NJDevs26, my next game will also be on October 18, I hope and expect to see big changes from last night.

What the Devils should do for the Islanders game is let all kids 13 and under in FREE with the supervision of an adult who has a game ticket.

It would not only expose some kids to Devils hockey but also get the Legends/Pru Center employees into "game shape". with a dry run of sorts.

They should make this announcement tomorrow morning.

I'll go to the Ranger game Saturday but yeah, decided to use Buy Back for Thursday because it's the Islanders and last night wasn't a great experience.. I totally back that free kids idea and I'd have to think the arena will be more empty than last night anyway, so why not do something like that

Speaking of sponsorships, I'd have to think PartyPoker has decreased their sponsorship level somewhat.. They no longer have an on-ice sponsorship and you see a lot less of their stuff around it seems.. Still one of the larger sponsors we have, but from all accounts the online gambling business has not been great in general so I can't blame them for decreasing their marketing budget

I also noticed Golia appears to not be the ice lounge sponsor anymore, but screw them anyway.. Sure they sponsored the Devils but they also sponsored the Flyers and focused more heavily on them.. Offered $3 (or $5) rebates on Golia purchases via a little card on bottles, which had Flyers logos on them and touted them as the official vodka of the Flyers, but I searched all around north jersey for a Devils version of that and couldn't find it

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
O'Neil and Weber also really stressed during the call that the grand unveiling will be opening night on the 18th. Doors will be opening earlier than usual, come on in and explore according to them. If they were hedging it would have been "oh it's a work in progress, have to work out the kinks" and so on. Really came across like O'Neil and Weber are confident things will be ready to go opening night.

I am a little less generous than FLEX225 above - don't care about the preseason state of affairs, but unacceptable imo if they don't meet the October 18th deliverable they set for themselves (and what I imagine most fans would expect). Not that they should give a hoot what I think, but if they are trying to become world class and all that, get your deal together by the opening of the regular season.

Also noticed all of the high school jerseys disappeared from the wall near the former Verizon tower where they were banished to a couple years ago. All the hooks were still there so not sure what is going on with those.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'll go to the Ranger game Saturday but yeah, decided to use Buy Back for Thursday because it's the Islanders and last night wasn't a great experience..

I'd actually sold all my preseason games on StubHub (for about what the 'list' price was) so I'm probably gonna wait a while to use the buyback, since with my luck I'll use the buyback on some game they put a superawesome promo in later.

FLEX225

Nov 15, 2007
Bergen County, NJ
I am a little less generous than FLEX225 above - don't care about the preseason state of affairs, but unacceptable imo if they don't meet the October 18th deliverable they set for themselves (and what I imagine most fans would expect). Not that they should give a hoot what I think, but if they are trying to become world class and all that, get your deal together by the opening of the regular season.

Also noticed all of the high school jerseys disappeared from the wall near the former Verizon tower where they were banished to a couple years ago. All the hooks were still there so not sure what is going on with those.

I agree with you that the main crux of everything they promised should be there for the 18th. I'm talking like little things like the F/B credit on the ticket thing that was mentioned before. There's bound to an issue they either didn't see coming or that fell through the cracks. That's why I gave until November. But yeah I would like to see everything up.

Maybe they're actually going to painting them. I do know they wanted to put them in a better spot where they are more visual. Not sure if they're in the process of that or not.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
I'd also like to see more red & black on the concourse walls and less white.

Liven the place up.

With you in principle, but unfortunately black will probably have the opposite effect. Definitely do not want Prudential's interior to resemble Barclays'.

So there is definitely a chrome diner themed thing going in on the upper concourse right by the PNC Tower. Did anyone else notice a random stretch of chrome (just flat) also by the PNC Tower but on the lower concourse? Wonder if they're putting a diner themed concession in on each concourse; do not think anyone would dare complain about more diners in New Jersey.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
With you in principle, but unfortunately black will probably have the opposite effect. Definitely do not want Prudential's interior to resemble Barclays'.

So there is definitely a chrome diner themed thing going in on the upper concourse right by the PNC Tower. Did anyone else notice a random stretch of chrome (just flat) also by the PNC Tower but on the lower concourse? Wonder if they're putting a diner themed concession in on each concourse; do not think anyone would dare complain about more diners in New Jersey.

Red as the predominant color.

There are too many long stretches of nothing on the walls on both concourses.
Except the now visable smudges of dirt from people putting their feet on the lower walls and hands higher up.

Last edited:

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
My girlfriend was thinking they maybe sent the high school jerseys to be cleaned, since the hooks were still there and it was a great part of the arena, but those jerseys had been collecting dusk for years.. The wall there had some cracks too so that could be part of it

The TVs upstairs were removed so maybe we'll see them repaint certain areas and put in better screens.. Same with our main scoreboard, it's just a shame the arena was built right as HDTV became a big thing.. Those monitors and scoreboard were awesome in 2007, but you can't get LCDs that big nowadays

Maybe they got Panasonic to sponsor new TVs!

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
And this is coming from someone who was/is very sympathetic to Vanderbeek (I think more people would be if they knew what a Herculean task it was to get the arena built).

Since you seem to have some knowledge of the area, could you write up a post sometime explaining it? I know I never thought of season tickets with the Devils until they moved to Newark. Made coming to games a lot easier.

YouMyBoyBlue

Jul 19, 2013
This might have been discussed already, are they letting us use the buyback towards the preseason? I'm looking at my account and I don't see anything related to buyback.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Thinking of changing my season tix from row 3 to row row 1 in the 100's. For anybody who sits in row 1 is it too close to the glass in front of you or would you recommend it?

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
This might have been discussed already, are they letting us use the buyback towards the preseason? I'm looking at my account and I don't see anything related to buyback.

Yeah, you should've gotten an email with a separate link to the buyback form. It's not a part of your normal ticket management link. I'll PM you the link.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Thinking of changing my season tix from row 3 to row row 1 in the 100's. For anybody who sits in row 1 is it too close to the glass in front of you or would you recommend it?

If you're going to a preseason game sit up in the first row and try it out. We prefer row 2 but everyone will be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad