The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
The Hoffman trades looks like garbage, sure, but keep in mind that Hoffman is on an expiring deal, and even without the scandal came with the baggage of being a guy who is a one dimensional defensive nightmare. He was also not cheap either at over $5 mil for the year. SJ simply turned around and dumped him for a second and some magic beans, so they didn't value him any more than we did.

You could argue that Dorion could have held out for the same deal that SJ got from Florida, but this team would be even worse right now, believe it or not. We have lots of picks coming up - what we needed was an NHL caliber veteran who could take a regular shift. (For instance, look at what happened to our depth when we shipped out Brassard for picks and prospects. That hurt much worse than we thought it would.)

Yeah, Boedker sucks, but at least he is an NHL caliber player who can skate and take a regular shift. Playing in his place if he wasn't here would be some AHL scrub like Tambellini or Rodewald. And yes, gang, Rodewald is way worse than Boedker. To me, Boedker is just a placeholder until our prospects are fully ready to play. All part of the excruciating pain of the rebuild...

The bolded parts are not true.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Anybody hear from Pierre Dorion recently? Pierre? Are you out there? Funny that he’s not commenting on the Stone contract, we had to get that update from the player himself lmao.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Anybody hear from Pierre Dorion recently? Pierre? Are you out there? Funny that he’s not commenting on the Stone contract, we had to get that update from the player himself lmao.

Yeah, and I was expecting at least a short blurb about the Pyatt waive. I guess he doesn't want to hear the "tough" questions from our media on the team's performance.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

idk....PD was on TV in the last 4 weeks or so and I'm pretty sure he said then the next time he speaks about it he hopes to be announcing signed contracts. hopefully he does that soon

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
idk....PD was on TV in the last 4 weeks or so and I'm pretty sure he said then the next time he speaks about it he hopes to be announcing signed contracts. hopefully he does that soon
Yeah I’m sure that’ll happen. Lol.

Put your eggs in the Pierre Dorion basket. We all know how that works out.

Reactions: bert

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
That was about Duchene, and it was before the Uber video came out in early November I'm pretty sure.

EDIT: You're right, just read an article from December Dorion said that December 2nd.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I don’t think he has commented at all about the Stone contract.
he was commenting on both....

I've no idea whether it's going to happen but that's what he said so we're not likely to get amy status updates

Handles1919

Jul 27, 2016
ottawa
"waived guy who should have been waived months ago (and cleared) and trades for a bad backup goalie. dorion off to a scorching 2019 as sens lose 6th in a row"

i guess it is good for dorion though

Reactions: Deku and Emerica

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I dont want to hear from Dorion. He will get asked scripted questions and when one reported asks about Duchene or Stone he will give an answer that is a technical truth but a complete lie, like "We will make every effort to re-sign both players." When in truth they will low ball and when the offer is rejected he will start calling around the league to stock up on more third round picks for the 2020 draft.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
"waived guy who should have been waived months ago (and cleared) and trades for a bad backup goalie. dorion off to a scorching 2019 as sens lose 6th in a row"

i guess it is good for dorion though

That article reads like a sponsored post.

We waived a player: WOW!

We slightly upgraded on a temporary goalie in McKenna who was only here because Andy's injured and got another Mike Condon in Anders Nilsson. WOW!

Gimme a break "LWOH".

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
That was about Duchene, and it was before the Uber video came out in early November I'm pretty sure.

EDIT: You're right, just read an article from December Dorion said that December 2nd.

So Dorion has literally but no effort into negotiations so far according to Stone comments about beginning negotiations in a few weeks

Hahahahaha

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
There's just no point in more Dorion interviews with canned answers between now and the deadline. Either sign the contracts and announce them, or trade them and discuss them. Nobody should care about PR answers between now and Stone and Duchene either being signed or dealt, everything else pales in comparison and the future of the team is on hold until that's resolved.

The 2018-19 Senators season is about what happens with Stone and Duchene, it's not about anything else at this point.

Reactions: HF Reader

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
But insurance is paying for that right now, so who cares.

Insurance premiums are based of the teams top 5 salaries, and can be split across as many players as the team likes, up to 80% per player for 5 players, or for example, 40% for 10 players, but with Condon being our 12th most expensive contract, I feel it's unlikely at best that we allocated any coverage to him.

Reactions: FolignoQuantumLeap

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Insurance premiums are based of the teams top 5 salaries, and can be split across as many players as the team likes, up to 80% per player for 5 players, or for example, 40% for 10 players, but with Condon being our 12th most expensive contract, I feel it's unlikely at best that we allocated any coverage to him.

I was looking for Swifwin's post you replied to which was a reply to my post about Condon's contract. Could not find them. Any idea why?

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
This is perfect with him staying quiet. Dorion is just the worst at talking to the media. The whole frigging Karlsson thing started when Dorion said, "Even Gretzky was traded," when he had no reason to do so.
That was what started the media circus.

Dorion is a moron with the media. We shouldn't want him to say a goddam thing anymore.

Sure, we want news and updates. But I don't want Dorion speaking to the media at all until contracts are signed, sealed, and delivered.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I dont want to hear from Dorion. He will get asked scripted questions and when one reported asks about Duchene or Stone he will give an answer that is a technical truth but a complete lie, like "We will make every effort to re-sign both players." When in truth they will low ball and when the offer is rejected he will start calling around the league to stock up on more third round picks for the 2020 draft.

"We promised our fans we'd offer [insert upcoming UFA here] a contract, and we've done so."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad