The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This is perfect with him staying quiet. Dorion is just the worst at talking to the media. The whole frigging Karlsson thing started when Dorion said, "Even Gretzky was traded," when he had no reason to do so.
That was what started the media circus.

Dorion is a moron with the media. We shouldn't want him to say a goddam thing anymore.

Sure, we want news and updates. But I don't want Dorion speaking to the media at all until contracts are signed, sealed, and delivered.

Deserves 10 likes ... Keep that BS artist quiet

Reactions: Icelevel

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
We're a Team. We are ahead of where we thought we'd be. Better than the pundits predicted.

We're arguably even worse than last season.

What a bunch of garbage they've tried to push on this fanbase this year. Be honest, you suck shit and you will for a long while because of some poor decision making along the way, you are not "better than the pundits predicted."

Last edited:
Reactions: topshelf15

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
We're arguably even worse than last season.

What a bunch of garbage they've tried to push on this fanbase this year. Be honest, you suck **** and you will for a long while because of some poor decision making along the way, you are not "better than the pundits predicted."
It's the Dunning-Kruger effect: they're so incompetent that they're incompetent at assessing their own incompetence.

Reactions: Gesus

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

giphy.webp

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
I remember talking to a Jamaican guy I used to work with a couple years ago (and he's like straight from Jamaica) and he told me the Senators are just a training camp for the rest of the league. I told him "what do you know about hockey..." Every day that goes by his statement becomes more and more true....

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Pierre Dorion has the hardest job in the NHL.

I disagree. Obviously there are financial limitations for this franchise, but so much of what happened was self-inflicted and not the result of circumstance.

1. Pierre Dorion is the one who started the Karlsson trade rumors/distractions by saying that every player could be traded, because Wayne Gretzky was. He could've had given the stock answer of "Erik Karlsson is a generational talent and we won't trade him" WHILE STILL QUIETLY SHOPPING HIM. GMs, in all sports, do this all the time. Instead, he held a stupid press conference and opened the floodgates, months before the trade deadline.

2. Pierre Dorion is the one who waited the entire summer before trading Karlsson, reducing his value. He could have traded him at any time after November 2017 for a bigger return.

3. Pierre Dorion is the one who kicked the can down the road by trading Turris for Duchene. If he wasn't able to meet Turris' financial demands, did he really think he'd be able to meet Duchene's?

4. Pierre Dorion is the one who lost/traded two locker room leaders in Turris and Methot and then blamed the season on locker room culture. If culture was so important, why didn't he try to keep it in tact after the 2017 playoff run?

If you had told a guy like Lou Lamiorello, at the start of 17/18, that he had to trade Karlsson, Turris and Hoffman over the next 12 months, I can almost guarantee we'd be in a better spot than we are today.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He knew exactly what he was getting into

That's true. But you could even say Poo-jeans is crazier now and more isolated now then he was 3 summers ago, and the GM job is even harder.

His 'could look good somewhere else comments' (that the vindictive media stirred up in the fans), the trading of EK and Turris, Lebreton failing - it makes what Dorion signed up for even worse then when he started.

Add to that Randy 'Rick' Lee creeping on teenagers, his chief scout leaving for Vegas and not being replaced, 2 team Presidents forced/quit.

Keep your head up Pierre, it may help your hair grow

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Pierre Dorion has the hardest job in the NHL.

He has the hardest job in the league and on his own he's the most incompetent GM in the league so it's a great recipe for comedy.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He has the hardest job in the league and on his own he's the most incompetent GM in the league so it's a great recipe for comedy.

Chiarelli is wasting a golden opportunity and making us unbelievers

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
They were talking about PD on 1200 today around 10.

In grading his top 10 trades, they had him at 5-5, 6-4, 7-3 with the 6 and 7 being wins.

Top 5 trades noted as
EK
Brassard *2
Hoffman
Duchene

All 3 were in consensus that he's lost the bigger trades though and the potential flip flop if Duchene signs

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

In grading his top 10 trades, they had him at 5-5, 6-4, 7-3 with the 6 and 7 being wins.

Just out of curiosity, who were the 3 pundits? And who where those who thought PD has won more than he's lost?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Top 5 trades noted as
EK
Brassard *2
Hoffman
Duchene

All 3 were in consensus that he's lost the bigger trades though and the potential flip flop if Duchene signs

They also went out of thir way to say that losing those big trades were way, way more impactful than winning the smaller "Stalberg for a 3rd" throwaway deals. They all gave him a failing grade overall based on losing the major trades.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
They also went out of thir way to say that losing those big trades were way, way more impactful than winning the smaller "Stalberg for a 3rd" throwaway deals. They all gave him a failing grade overall based on losing the major trades.
Ya i didn't catch that piece. I was only in the car for 5 minutes. I did hear them agree he lost the big trades .... which i posted

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I feel bad for the guy. The organization as a whole has been on a total landslide since the overtime goal in games 7 a few seasons ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad