The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He went back to Allsvenskan because he had mono, missing training camp with the Canucks, but sure... He actually had several SHL teams interested in him mid season (he had an out clause in his contract that would allow him to jump to the SHL or the NHL in Dec) but he chose to stick with the team he had played with since 2014. He wanted to try to get his team, Timra, promoted to the SHL and guess what, he did. Timra led the allsveksan and was promoted in large part thanks to Dahlen.

Ya i know all that

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
No offense, but if you knew all that, then the argument you made about the Petersson effect seems extra dishonest.
I'm never dishonest and don't ever f***ing accuse me of it. I don't ever knowingly post something i know to not be true. I posted my opinion.

Regardless of where he could have played, or been called up, and possibly contributed had he actually gone up, the truth is he didn't go up. Teams poked around on bringing him up but he didn't go up. He played tier 2. And his numbers year over year were flat. Who gives a flying f*** about the hypothetical. He didn't move up, and he may well have flundered had he moved up. Meanwhile we all know what Petersson has done.

Imho sir you are an argumentative sob that is always looking to be right and your status as a mod has people hold back in their dealings with you. Our last discussion was me respondung to a post about a YOUNG TOP 4 D and in your haste to always f***ing argue with me you started a debate because i interpreted what the poster said as meaning a YOUNG TOP 4 D whereas you interpreted his words...a YOUNG TOP 4 D to mean something other than a YOUNG TOP 4 D.

And you call me dishonest

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I'm never dishonest and don't ever ****ing accuse me of it. I don't ever knowingly post something i know to not be true. I posted my opinion.

Regardless of where he could have played, or been called up, and possibly contributed had he actually gone up, the truth is he didn't go up. Teams poked around on bringing him up but he didn't go up. He played tier 2. And his numbers year over year were flat. Who gives a flying **** about the hypothetical. He didn't move up, and he may well have flundered had he moved up. Meanwhile we all know what Petersson has done.

Imho sir you are an argumentative sob that is always looking to be right and your status as a mod has people hold back in their dealings with you. Our last discussion was me respondung to a post about a YOUNG TOP 4 D and in your haste to always ****ing argue with me you started a debate because i interpreted what the poster said as meaning a YOUNG TOP 4 D whereas you interpreted his words...a YOUNG TOP 4 D to mean something other than a YOUNG TOP 4 D.

And you call me dishonest

Oh man, he does the same thing with me, always looking to find some off point issue to make a full blown argument about.

Good times!

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
So you give up at the first sign of adversity? I was polite and chose my words carefuly in an effort to get the discussion going.
But i'm not going to discuss it. You expressed an opinion. I expressed a different opinion. It's done.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
But i'm not going to discuss it. You expressed an opinion. I expressed a different opinion. It's done.

You said I was wrong. I further clarified my stance and asked you to explain what was wrong in my claim that trading away a player we couldn't afford to keep for a cheaper is a retention problem.

I had a higher opinion of you, didn't figure you to be one of those "an opinion can't be wrong". I fully accept the possibility I'm wrong and engaged with a discussion to find out if I was.

Reactions: Engineer

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm never dishonest and don't ever ****ing accuse me of it. I don't ever knowingly post something i know to not be true. I posted my opinion.

Regardless of where he could have played, or been called up, and possibly contributed had he actually gone up, the truth is he didn't go up. Teams poked around on bringing him up but he didn't go up. He played tier 2. And his numbers year over year were flat. Who gives a flying **** about the hypothetical. He didn't move up, and he may well have flundered had he moved up. Meanwhile we all know what Petersson has done.

So your saying that knowing he went into the season with Mono, and the historical effect Mono has on athletes, you lamented that his production didn't increase when the team lost it's only other star player, and that was the Petersson effect?

Sorry, but that's either a bad take, or purposefully dishonest. I guess based on your response, it's the former, congrats I guess.

The rest of your post is nothing but personal attacks, so no point in dignifying it with a response.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You said I was wrong. I further clarified my stance and asked you to explain what was wrong in my claim that trading away a player we couldn't afford to keep for a cheaper is a retention problem.

I had a higher opinion of you, didn't figure you to be one of those "an opinion can't be wrong". I fully accept the possibility I'm wrong and engaged with a discussion to find out if I was.

What muckler did was pretty dishonest but it didn't have anything to do with the inability to retain the player financially. This article explains the trade at the time from muckler's view

Senators gain cap room, new image in Hossa trade

Marian Hossa was in part a victim of his own lack of playoff success and our limited cap flexibility.

Go back and look at our payroll versus the cap.

Not retaining players due to a financial limitation started much later than 2005.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
So your saying that knowing he went into the season with Mono, and the historical effect Mono has on athletes, you lamented that his production didn't increase when the team lost it's only other star player, and that was the Petersson effect?

Sorry, but that's either a bad take, or purposefully dishonest. I guess based on your response, it's the former, congrats I guess.

The rest of your post is nothing but personal attacks, so no point in dignifying it with a response.

The player was overrated here.

If you consider the second part a personal attack, you might really consider what i said and whether there is truth to it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
What muckler did was pretty dishonest but it didn't have anything to do with the inability to retain the player financially. This article explains the trade at the time from muckler's view

Senators gain cap room, new image in Hossa trade

Marian Hossa was in part a victim of his own lack of playoff success and our limited cap flexibility.

Go back and look at our payroll versus the cap.

Not retaining players due to a financial limitation started much later than 2005.

Ok so it was cap related more than cash related. Fair enough!

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Ok so it was cap related more than cash related. Fair enough!
I try to avoid Hossa discussions. I hated those 4 losses to the Leafs and personally i looked at the hossa trade coming out of the lockout as turning over a new leaf.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The player was overrated here.

If you consider the second part a personal attack, you might really consider what i said and whether there is truth to it.
You called me an argumentative sob because apparently not agree with you is being argumentative? You then proceeded to respond to my critique of your position with "I am right, everyone else is wrong", I'm paraphrasing of course. Maybe instead of calling people sob's you should take a look in the mirror and consider that perhaps it's the content of your posts that have people disagreeing with you and not their nature.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You called me an argumentative sob because apparently not agree with you is being argumentative? You then proceeded to respond to my critique of your position with "I am right, everyone else is wrong", I'm paraphrasing of course. Maybe instead of calling people sob's you should take a look in the mirror and consider that perhaps it's the content of your posts that have people disagreeing with you and not their nature.

Yes you are paraphrasing.

But tell me now...how exactly was it in our discussion the other day you weren't being deliberately argumentative

The guy said YOUNG TOP 4 D

At one point you said "you intrepreted him to mean young top 4 d" but i interpreted him to mean " something else" and then constructed an argument based on a completely different unterpretation.

Was it the content of my post that bothered you? That i interpreted young top 4 d to mean young top 4 d? Was that it? No...you were being argumentative

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yes you are paraphrasing.

But tell me now...how exactly was it in our discussion the other day you weren't being deliberately argumentative

The guy said YOUNG TOP 4 D

At one point you said "you intrepreted him to mean young top 4 d" but i interpreted him to mean " something else" and then constructed an argument based on a completely different unterpretation.

Was it the content of my post that bothered you? That i interpreted young top 4 d to mean young top 4 d? Was that it? No...you were being argumentative

good grief, you're stuck on an old discussion... go back to that thread if you want to discuss that, I made my position clear there, you disagreed, and apparently are once again proclaiming your position correct. don't pollute this thread with your hangups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad