TSN: The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Lee wasn't on the radar for a first round selection. Coulda, woulda, shoulda is as painful now as it was when Muckler blew it.
Lets hope PD has done his homework for this year!
Not sure that he wasn't on the radar for 1st round, but the Sens definitely reached to get him.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
here is one....Ceci over Tom Wilson..one pick later!!!!

Can you imagine that train, protecting and yet still keeping up with a talented play-making forwards.. To be fair though, Ceci was being compared to Potvin at the time!!!!

ianmendes

Dec 15, 2016
Hey gang,

It’s been a while since I’ve posted in here, but I wanted to reconnect on this platform for a couple of reasons.

1. I would like to know how many of you are still listening to us on a regular basis and in your regular patterns?

2. If you are listening, what have you thought about our content? Too light? Too serious? Good mixture of both? (I’ll be honest, my goal has been to be a distraction and create fun and light topics. But if you feel like I’m missing the mark, I would appreciate some constructive feedback)

3. What would you like to see from my timeslot in the weeks ahead?

Thanks a ton. (And to answer a question from way earlier in this thread, I 100 per cent check this site and look for ideas and to see what Sens fans are talking about. If you’re trying to get a pulse of the fan base, you need to check places like this, Reddit, Twitter, etc).

Ian

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Hey gang,

It’s been a while since I’ve posted in here, but I wanted to reconnect on this platform for a couple of reasons.

1. I would like to know how many of you are still listening to us on a regular basis and in your regular patterns?

2. If you are listening, what have you thought about our content? Too light? Too serious? Good mixture of both? (I’ll be honest, my goal has been to be a distraction and create fun and light topics. But if you feel like I’m missing the mark, I would appreciate some constructive feedback)

Thanks a ton. (And to answer a question from way earlier in this thread, I 100 per cent check this site and look for ideas and to see what Sens fans are talking about. If you’re trying to get a pulse of the fan base, you need to check places like this, Reddit, Twitter, etc).

Ian
Ian you are a saint. Keep up your solid work. TBH, I have had trouble listening because I am stuck working from home with two kids, but even the twitter threads regarding the best games during the Hamburglar run is just a treat to read through. Reading the Hamburglar and Kyle Turris' thoughts on the whole run is refreshing and helps me remember the good times I have had watching the Ottawa Senators play hockey. It really is nice to get a break from the usual bi-weekly bad Melnyk news. Once I get the kids settled in their routine, it will be so much easier to focus and listen to the station.

As for what to see in your timeslot in the weeks ahead, keep giving us good memories from the Sens past, this is all we need as fans of the team. There are tons of good memories. The team needs to rebuild their fanbase in a bad bad way and reviving memories of the past is a great way to help us remember what used to and it may even go a long way into helping the Ottawa Senators and he who shall not be named rebuild what we once had.

Maybe you can set up a bunch of Throwback Thursday type interviews from Sens players of the past. Get Hammond on, Turris, even EK, Marian Hossa, heck I am sure even Alexei Yashin is bored at home and may be willing to talk about the good times and help us all remember all the great memories that we have as fans of the Ottawa Senators. This org and this city needs it.

Reactions: DrEasy

Radiogirl

Oct 12, 2017
Simmer is a god sent in times like these.

I wonder how long he'll be able to keep it up.
We have very different ideas of God's Gifts, seriously you like the way he talks down and mocks everyone just to bolster himself. Look at him right now making fun of poor Hammer. Or throwing wrench at people who post selfies, excuse me how many did he post a few weeks ago when he was on Holiday. Also shouldn't he have been self isolating for 14 days when he got back?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
We have very different ideas of God's Gifts, seriously you like the way he talks down and mocks everyone just to bolster himself. Look at him right now making fun of poor Hammer. Or throwing wrench at people who post selfies, excuse me how many did he post a few weeks ago when he was on Holiday. Also shouldn't he have been self isolating for 14 days when he got back?
Even a world pandemic hasn't eased your hatred towards Simmer. Give these guys a break, they are still going to work and are trying to keep us entertained, good for them. Who cares what Simmer does/posts from his vacations, that's completely irrelevant to the radio station, unless you are jealous that you weren't the one with him?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Your posts are so annoying.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Hey gang,

Ian
Hi Ian, Why you don’t put this station on a FM channel. The sound is bad and I don’t catch the channel in my area

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Hey gang,

Ian

In all seriousness Ian...the most important thing you could do for this site is figure out why radiogirl grinds on simmer.

To your question...i am hardly listening at all...i used to spend i would guess 90 minutes a day in the car, all of it listening to 1200. I think maybe I've put 15 klics on the car in the past week. Listening to radio is just not something i do at home...which is where we are all stuck these days

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Hey gang,

Ian

Hey Ian

I listen in on my days off and have enjoyed the content. I also put you guys on at home for my dog when I’m at work. He hasn’t said anything bad so I’m assuming those days are good too.

Thanks for continuing to feed your hungry customers!

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
@ianmendes

I really don't listen much to the shows anymore, but I think I heard TSN1200 will be re-broadcasting old Sens games. If that's correct, only suggestion I have would be to look a little further back than the past few years. The Hamburglar run and Turris' OT goals are all pretty fresh in our memories. We can find full highlights on youtube in seconds.

Older stuff is much more difficult to find. As someone who's younger than the franchise is, I would love to hear stuff like the Sens clinching their first ever playoff berth. I also can't be the only one that would love to hear the 2007 run again, from start to finish, similar to what TSN/Sportsnet are doing for the Raptors run on TV.

I know the station doesn't have access to everything, so maybe what I'm asking is impossible, but if anything 2007 and older is available, that would be my preference over airing stuff that is just a few years old.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018

For someone who hates Simmer as much as you and gets worked up into a frenzy anytime he's even mentioned, it's a little concerning and confusing that you know he posts holiday selfies. I'm a fan of his and I had no clue he was posting selfies...

Reactions: Stylizer1

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Hey gang,

Ian
I've been loving the content so far. I used to only listen to your station while driving home, but now it's what I use to wake up as well (I ditched CBC (too preachy) and news stations (not fun)). And now being stuck home I have crazy sleep patterns, so "waking up" could mean listening to you at 2pm.

The 5 yr anniversary of Lazar picking up the hamburger was a fun topic, couldn't believe it's already been 5 years! Maybe it's my age talking but, I seem to remember the Yashin era or the Pizza Line era much better than our more recent core of players, with the MoToR line, Karlsson and Anderson. So I was looking forward to this "10 best games of the decade" feature, but then I missed it cause I had to work... :(

Maybe you or someone else could post here the topics you're going to be talking about, so we can tune in when possible.

Another idea is, in the spirit of Lazar Hamburger, to copy what the BlueBirdBanter web site usually does for the Blue Jays, where they celebrate anniversaries of various events (Bautista's bat flip, Morrow's 1 hitter, etc.) with a blog post; for you it would be a good topic of daily conversation.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I would be listening to the radio, but most of my car antenna is still buried in the snow somewhere. Whoever at ford decided to put radio antennas on the roof of a vehicle in a region that gets six feet of snow a year is an idiot.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I would be listening to the radio, but most of my car antenna is still buried in the snow somewhere. Whoever at ford decided to put radio antennas on the roof of a vehicle in a region that gets six feet of snow a year is an idiot.
Just saying but...maybe the person who BOUGHT the car has some responsibility in this situation too?

I haven't listened to 1200 at all because I only listen for sports news (mainly Senators) and there aren't any sports going on.

Coverage for NFL FA gor example is covered better with other sources.

Maybe I will give a listen and see what the filler is like. When there are sports to talk about I love your show.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Just saying but...maybe the person who BOUGHT the car has some responsibility in this situation too?

I haven't listened to 1200 at all because I only listen for sports news (mainly Senators) and there aren't any sports going on.

Coverage for NFL FA gor example is covered better with other sources.

Maybe I will give a listen and see what the filler is like. When there are sports to talk about I love your show.

lol....boooo on that! You know how hard it is to wipes the snow off the roof without knocking that antennae off? Never buying a car with a roof antenna again. :confused:

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
lol....boooo on that! You know how hard it is to wipes the snow off the roof without knocking that antennae off? Never buying a car with a roof antenna again. :confused:

It's dangerous to drive around without clearing the snow off your car. And I think all cars put their antennas on the roof these days. That's where mine is and I don't have a Ford nor do I have issues clearing it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad