TSN: The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I'm pretty sure they make more than just above minimum wage. Despite all of the naysayers about radio... it still turns a tidy profit... no matter who owns the stations.
TSN1200 along with every other TSN radio station with the exception of Edmonton lose money.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
TSN1200 along with every other TSN radio station with the exception of Edmonton lose money.
Curious why Edmonton would make money, but the others don't? I am not questioning this at all, just would love to know how or why they aren't struggling..

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019

I figured as much. Especially since Bell keeps up'ng my fees. Reminds me, I have to check on what they did this month.

Long ago, there was a joke cartoon that I saw... A man is at the butchers..he is complaining about prices..The caption "If you are not making money, the wholesaler is not making money, the farmer is not making money, the cows must be making a bundle"

So, Bell loses money, Rogers loses money, the Sens lose money, radio stations lose money... There must be some cows making a bundle.

Reactions: Larionov

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Curious why Edmonton would make money, but the others don't? I am not questioning this at all, just would love to know how or why they aren't struggling..
Edmonton doesn’t have broadcast rights to the Oilers. The broadcast rights are a loser in every Canadian market.

PS. Hamilton is not included as it is not fully TSN, it’s a hybrid.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I know he doesn't do sports radio directly anymore, but Stuntman Stu was the PA voice of the Sens for many years. As you may have heard, his leukemia has returned, and he's in a fight again. Stu is a very community minded guy who loves this city, and his adopted team, more than anyone you'll meet. Prayers for him and his family...

Radiogirl

Oct 12, 2017
I know he doesn't do sports radio directly anymore, but Stuntman Stu was the PA voice of the Sens for many years. As you may have heard, his leukemia has returned, and he's in a fight again. Stu is a very community minded guy who loves this city, and his adopted team, more than anyone you'll meet. Prayers for him and his family...
Thoughts and Prayers to Stu, Connie and their family. Let this be the last sequel. #StuStrong2

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Hey @ianmendes, how much did you have to pay to get a whole section all to yourself? :laugh:

#attendancissues

P.S looking sharp though, you have been working out for sure!

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Haha Lee does have the Tom Hanks feel for sure!
Is it fair to discuss the Dorion interview here? I got confused on his statement about draft picks...does he want more or not?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Haha Lee does have the Tom Hanks feel for sure!
Is it fair to discuss the Dorion interview here? I got confused on his statement about draft picks...does he want more or not?
I read it as he doesn't see the need for anymore, which is quite strange to me.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
this is old, but what happened to Todd White. When he left in late spring, there was no announcement and when it was brought up on the air, they made it sound like, he is just taking some time off to deal with other matters. They seemed to brush it aside.

It is now been ~ 10 months. Was he sacked? Did he leave voluntarily?

I was always amazed by him..Seemingly unaware of his surroundings as a child and in his days as a pro. At first, I assumed just inattentive to his environment/overly sheltered, then I realized; his entire life's focus must have been hockey.

Man what it must have been like to snap out of it, when your career ends? It reminds me of the story that circulated about Jerry Tarkanian and his days coaching UNLV. Supposedly in 1980 as they where walking through an airport, he saw a paper: Hostages freed...He asked ; what hostages..Now this may be more folklore than real, but after T. White, I am starting to believe it.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
this is old, but what happened to Todd White. When he left in late spring, there was no announcement and when it was brought up on the air, they made it sound like, he is just taking some time off to deal with other matters. They seemed to brush it aside.

It is now been ~ 10 months. Was he sacked? Did he leave voluntarily?

I was always amazed by him..Seemingly unaware of his surroundings as a child and in his days as a pro. At first, I assumed just inattentive to his environment/overly sheltered, then I realized; his entire life's focus must have been hockey.

Man what it must have been like to snap out of it, when your career ends? It reminds me of the story that circulated about Jerry Tarkanian and his days coaching UNLV. Supposedly in 1980 as they where walking through an airport, he saw a paper: Hostages freed...He asked ; what hostages..Now this may be more folklore than real, but after T. White, I am starting to believe it.
Not sure but remember the day he thanked everyone. It was around the same time Bell laid off others.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I read it as he doesn't see the need for anymore, which is quite strange to me.
They have a boatload of draft picks and are already up against the contract limit. At thispoint, consolidating some lower draft picks or downstream picks to move up might pkay better

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Not sure what demographic they are trying to target on the drive but the music is terrible. Playing music from the 70's is great but that was 40+ years ago. And leever's emo grunge 90's mix tape needs to stop now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad