TSN: The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Too bad about Terry Marcotte. He says he's retiring but with the other cuts this week (total of 4) and Rob Snow a few weeks ago Bell is really depriving the city of veteran experience. They learned a lot from the Sens.

I hope Terry still comes on the radio. Real nice guy.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Too bad about Terry Marcotte. He says he's retiring but with the other cuts this week (total of 4) and Rob Snow a few weeks ago Bell is really depriving the city of veteran experience. They learned a lot from the Sens.

I hope Terry still comes on the radio. Real nice guy.
I always liked Terry until his comments about Don Cherry..
Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, but Terry took it too far and really bashed him. It was quite disrespectful imo.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
@BatherSeason so i listened to that interview, twice actually

PD was asked about his plans for Christmas and the WJC. Two distinct questions. He talked for about a minute on his plans for Christmas - which is what he was asked - and then said he was leaving for the WJC on the 26th. There was no follow up question on the WJC and it was Lloyd who changed topics when Dorion said he was going to the WJC on the 26th. If Lloyd wanted to discuss the WJC, it was right there for him to ask follow up questions but Lloyd specifically said, when PD said i am going to the WJC on the 26th, thats my segue into the draft. Lloyd changed subjects

I have no idea what you are on about with that interview

Questions asked. Answers. The answers dictating the questions.

It wasn't a case at all of PD avoiding questions nor going off track.

If lloyd's intention was to have a discussion about the WJC - which you said it was but you've got no insight into his intent - then it was right there for him. Lloyd changed topics

Honest to god man, apart from it being obvious that PD is not a great speaker, i have no idea how you can be up in arms about that interview.

And your bit about the WJC is factually incorrect

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
@BatherSeason so i listened to that interview, twice actually

PD was asked about his plans for Christmas and the WJC. Two distinct questions. He talked for about a minute on his plans for Christmas - which is what he was asked - and then said he was leaving for the WJC on the 26th. There was no follow up question on the WJC and it was Lloyd who changed topics when Dorion said he was going to the WJC on the 26th. If Lloyd wanted to discuss the WJC, it was right there for him to ask follow up questions but Lloyd specifically said, when PD said i am going to the WJC on the 26th, thats my segue into the draft. Lloyd changed subjects

I have no idea what you are on about with that interview

Questions asked. Answers. The answers dictating the questions.

It wasn't a case at all of PD avoiding questions nor going off track.

If lloyd's intention was to have a discussion about the WJC - which you said it was but you've got no insight into his intent - then it was right there for him. Lloyd changed topics

Honest to god man, apart from it being obvious that PD is not a great speaker, i have no idea how you can be up in arms about that interview.

And your bit about the WJC is factually incorrect
I also listened live and listened a second time. Looks like we have differing opinions on the interview. That is allowed.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I also listened live and listened a second time. Looks like we have differing opinions on the interview. That is allowed.

True. But is it not ‘disingenuous’ to make things up that did not really happen? PD did not go off topic to avoid questions is the point he was trying to make.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
True. But is it not ‘disingenuous’ to make things up that did not really happen? PD did not go off topic to avoid questions is the point he was trying to make.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. Mine is different. Lloyd was clearly angling to discuss the World Juniors. That discussion did not happen. This really isn't a big deal. I posted my interpretation of the interview but to call me a "liar" and "disingenuous" is a bit of a stretch. Just ignore my post if you don't like it, I am sure others have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pierre in Orleans

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I liked when PD said "trades can happen in minutes" when asked about so many UFAs and when to start looking to trade them.

I just wished he followed it up with an example ..."look at Mike Hoffman.. when we decided to trade him we got a deal done very quickly"

Reactions: BatherSeason

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Ding ding ding

Some people experience things differently, and that is ok! Justin said so!

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Thanks for sharing your opinion. Mine is different. Lloyd was clearly angling to discuss the World Juniors. That discussion did not happen. This really isn't a big deal. I posted my interpretation of the interview but to call me a "liar" and "disingenuous" is a bit of a stretch. Just ignore my post if you don't like it, I am sure others have.

Look...i don't know what to tell you

Lloyd asked about the holiday plans. PD talked about the staff game on the 24th, hosting Christmas on the 25th and then leaving on the 26th. Upon hearing leaving on the 26th, Lloyd says that's a segue to my next question. That's what he said.

If Lloyd wanted to ask follow up WJC questions, he could have followed up. Lloyd changed the subject

Now I'm not going to call you a liar or state the your disingenuous but geezus christ man you seem to struggle following along.

Seems to me that YOU wanted to hear more about PD's WJC plans, you didn't, so your pissed off and it's someone else who is to blame for that.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Look...i don't know what to tell you

Lloyd asked about the holiday plans. PD talked about the staff game on the 24th, hosting Christmas on the 25th and then leaving on the 26th. Upon hearing leaving on the 26th, Lloyd says that's a segue to my next question. That's what he said.

If Lloyd wanted to ask follow up WJC questions, he could have followed up. Lloyd changed the subject

Now I'm not going to call you a liar or state the your disingenuous but geezus christ man you seem to struggle following along.

Seems to me that YOU wanted to hear more about PD's WJC plans, you didn't, so your pissed off and it's someone else who is to blame for that.

We hear from Pierre Dorion once every 4-5 months, if you prefer to hear about his Christmas plans rather than hear about 2 of our biggest prospects about to compete in a best in best scenario at the World Juniors on a Sports Radio station then good on you. Wouldn't have minded hearing his thoughts on Byfield/Laf too. If Dorion stayed on the station for multiple segments then fine, ask him about anything and everything. But when you are only granted 10 minutes. Take advantage of the time you have.

Curious, so lets put the question out there. Would Sens fans rather hear about Dorion's Christmas plans or hear about the World Juniors?

Last edited:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
We hear from Pierre Dorion once every 4-5 months, if you prefer to hear about his Christmas plans rather than hear about 2 of our biggest prospects about to compete in a best in best scenario at the World Juniors on a Sports Radio station then good on you. Wouldn't have minded hearing his thoughts on Byfield/Laf too. If Dorion stayed on the station for multiple segments then fine, ask him about anything and everything. But when you are only granted 10 minutes. Take advantage of the time you have.

Curious, so lets put the question out there. Would Sens fans rather hear about Dorion's Christmas plans or hear about the World Juniors?

Didn’t EVERYONE on this board agree that Dorion should not be interviewed regularly or even EVER because he is not good with them?

:laugh:

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Didn’t EVERYONE on this board agree that Dorion should not be interviewed regularly or even EVER because he is not good with them?

:laugh:

Not sure where I mentioned that we need to hear more from him. I did say that on the rare occurence when he is in front of a microphone in an interview setting, stick to the hockey club.

Not sure what exactly you are trying to prove here, but name calling and CAPS aren't gonna change my mind.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

You don't f***ing get it

Yes i would have liked to hear about the WJC. But your initial post about PD straying off topic is BS. The man answered the questions that were asked. And the instant the he said he was going to the world juniors, Lloyd immediately and specifically changed subjects, even said "segue to my next subject"

I am not in anyway commenting on what i would have liked to hear....what im telling you is your take on PD straying off topic is total f***ing BS.

The other day you said you were trying to be a better poster. In that discussion i specifically said that has to start with being honest. It doesn't appear you're ready to do that yet

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
You don't ****ing get it

Yes i would have liked to hear about the WJC. But your initial post about PD straying off topic is BS. The man answered the questions that were asked. And the instant the he said he was going to the world juniors, Lloyd immediately and specifically changed subjects, even said "segue to my next subject"

I am not in anyway commenting on what i would have liked to hear....what im telling you is your take on PD straying off topic is total ****ing BS.

The other day you said you were trying to be a better poster. In that discussion i specifically said that has to start with being honest. It doesn't appear you're ready to do that yet
You know you can just walk away. Spewing curse words and getting worked up over an anonymous poster in a message board is probably worse than complaining about an interview.

If it really makes you feel better, I will correct it. Pierre Dorion was LED off topic by the interviewer. Hope that helps.

Let's enjoy the game. Pumped to watch Hogberg again!!

Reactions: Variable26

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Dude, you know you can just walk away. Spewing curse words and getting worked up over an anonymous poster in a message board is probably worse than complaining about an interview.

I kind of take offence to your disingenuousness....and i am deliberately using that term knowing that you took offence to it earlier today. And you should be thankful that is the word I'm using, because the other option would be too question your intellect but i think this is clearly an issue of intent, not intellect.

Anonymous or not, its a bit of a community here, and you're here knowingly misrepresenting that interview

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I kind of take offence to your disingenuousness....and i am deliberately using that term knowing that you took offence to it earlier today. And you should be thankful that is the word I'm using, because the other option would be too question your intellect but i think this is clearly an issue of intent, not intellect.

Anonymous or not, its a bit of a community here, and you're here knowingly misrepresenting that interview

I think @BatherSeason acknowledges he misrepresented the context. Let’s move on.

It’s ChristmasTime. Let’s all bury the hatchet for the holidays. :)

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Did anyone catch the Dorion availability today? Would love a recap.

Did his girlfriend get a mention again? Or his iPad?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
You can listen to it on the TSN1200 site. You will likely enjoy it.
So I guess he mentioned his girlfriend AND his iPad again. Any questions from Lloyd on Laff/Byfield?
I can't access the site right now and just thought someone who heard it could post a quick recap

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
So I guess he mentioned his girlfriend AND his iPad again. Any questions from Lloyd on Laff/Byfield?

Perhaps I can't access the site right now and maybe just maybe thought someone who heard it could post a recap for everyone who would like one?
I haven’t heard it yet but Twitter seems full of info so I really wasn’t being sarcastic. Sounds like a lot of interesting stuff

Reactions: BatherSeason

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Solid interview with Dorion this am.

Most notable tidbit for me was that Lassi is coming to NA next year and will be in Ottawa or Belleville for the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->