The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
This is why battle of the Atlantic is so good, 3 in the Key, and the weekend are so good.

Anyone heard if 3 in the Key is still a thing? Looks like they don't have a budget anymore for the Weekend show. Still was the best show.

At many stations weekend shows are self produced. The hosts buy the air time, sell ads and take their chances.

Not sure if 1200 is this way although perhaps our deep insider could tell us...

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
At many stations weekend shows are self produced. The hosts buy the air time, sell ads and take their chances.

Not sure if 1200 is this way although perhaps our deep insider could tell us...
Tony Greco was most likely a paid info show. Maybe the golf show. The Weekend and 3 in the Key are most likely done by the station. Because the guys who did 3 in the Key were I think Algonquin grads that may have played a role in them getting a show Maybe they volunteered?

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Tony Greco was most likely a paid info show. Maybe the golf show. The Weekend and 3 in the Key are most likely done by the station. Because the guys who did 3 in the Key were I think Algonquin grads that may have played a role in them getting a show Maybe they volunteered?

Infotainment shows like the ones you mention are for sure.

Air time really isn't that expensive so some people will use it as a training ground if they can sell enough air time to break even. Jim Rome started his career decades ago buying weekend time.

When Liam McGuire had a weekend show on some other station I suspect it was self produced.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We’re in that part of the election Where all the media congratulate themselves on their endurance and tweet about sleeping after this tough election. Softer group of humans has never been assembled. Media is soft.

Cheers to Pierre McGuire who doesn’t seem to sleep or complain ever even though he’s on a plane everyday doing west coast games and radio at 6am, full playoffs, every hockey event.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Infractions will be handed out for anymore further off-topic discussion on users.

This thread is for discussion on
TSN 1200 - it is not a place to attack other posters, and/or vent your frustrations.

Thanks for understanding.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I was listening to the pre game and I heard Chris Stevenson say he thinks Anderson could go for a 2nd round pick. Then Dean Brown piped up and said he's take a 2nd and a 4th. Later on Dean Brown said he couldn't understand how this roster was struggling to score goals. They are just so far removed from reality, its scary. The media in this town covering the Sens is as out to lunch as the management.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I was listening to the pre game and I heard Chris Stevenson say he thinks Anderson could go for a 2nd round pick. Then Dean Brown piped up and said he's take a 2nd and a 4th. Later on Dean Brown said he couldn't understand how this roster was struggling to score goals. They are just so far removed from reality, its scary. The media in this town covering the Sens is as out to lunch as the management.

Yikes... that quite the blinders he's got on.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Stevenson could cure insomnia. Dude is so boring to listen to.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
It surprises me to hear Chris Stevenson say he thinks Anderson could go for a 2nd round pick. He writes for the Athletic, and they recently published an article where a panel of scouts, coaches, and GM's ranked the league's starting goaltenders. Anderson came in at 29. That's direct insight into Craig Anderson's perceived ability/value from NHL decision makers.

I don't foresee any market whatsoever for Craig Anderson. This is his third consecutive sub-par season, he's in his late-30's and he has a substantial cap-hit and salary. Not to mention that the goaltending market in general is soft at the best of times. Conditional late-round pick at most, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they can't find a taker at all.

The goal scoring comment from Dean Brown is absolute madness, but what do you expect from that guy? He can't help it. Still though - we have 3 players on our roster that have ever put up 50+ points in a season. Unfortunately 2 of those guys are Bobby Bonuses and Mikkel Boedker so...

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016

I am fairly new to Ottawa. As a Habs fan I respect Anderson because he seemed to have our number as often as not.

But the media respect he gets is insane. There was a report last year he wanted out and were apparently no takers.

But I am arguing with Habs fans who think Byron is worth a first ++ so it happens everywhere...

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Dean brown on the pre game show or any time for that matter...
3d-render-of-a-clown-with-an-old-retro-radio-microphone-E9WJ3M.jpg

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Not surprised at all by what Brown said. It's quite the norm for him to be completely off the rocker.

Everytime he's on the air I just turn it off. Cannot listen to him

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
What is this in response to? He wasn't on the pre/post game shows last night.... was it something from yesterday's TGOR?
ya i have tried to listen to the day before shows and I just can't stand him. It seems like he is negative all the time for everything but in a weird egotistical way.

I just don't like the way he comes off on radio and his personality is just so dry. I think you can be more negative than most like say Jeff ONeil on overdrive but you need to bring something personality wise for that to work. ONeil kills it on the radio and is fun to listen too.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
ya i have tried to listen to the day before shows and I just can't stand him. It seems like he is negative all the time for everything but in a weird egotistical way.

I just don't like the way he comes off on radio and his personality is just so dry. I think you can be more negative than most like say Jeff ONeil on overdrive but you need to bring something personality wise for that to work. ONeil kills it on the radio and is fun to listen too.

I appreciate Simmer for his honesty, but after that I’m kind of indifferent. I like how he can share his experiences in a front office with listeners.

He talks about wine too much though.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
The only guys I like are Mendes and Simmer. It's too bad they moved Simmer to the morning, they had good chemistry. Simmer told it as it is, he also was in hockey ops for a while so his opinion is valuable. I understand why people don't like him though, he does go off topic and laugh at his own jokes. Although I get a kick out of him when he's laughing at his own joke. Methot would be a great addition to the radio team. Having a former pro with personality would do wonders. Todd White is boring, I respect his opinion and like hearing the stories but he lacks a lot of personality. Henry Burris is another great addition. His football insider bits are great.

Radiogirl

Oct 12, 2017
All you that were lucky enough to win tickets for the Kids are Alright promotion tonight at Bellevegas have a great time. Someone buy Simmer his pinot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln